Smackdown 19/08 Results

Emperordalek

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I get the impression people have soured on Cole a bit. He'd be a great heel manager, but at the moment he's distracting and actually manages to kill the credibility of wrestlers with his commentary. How can anyone take Daniel Bryan seriously whilst Cole is mocking him over the top of his promo, for example? The promo becomes a background event to Cole's onslaught.

I actually like Cole's character to be honest, and he can be pretty damn funny, but on commentary I absolutely hate him.

That

I have to agree about Cole he doesn't quite get what his job as a heel commentator is when Heenan-Venture and JBL did it they did it in such a away to make the face look better but all Cole does is basically say "Why bother watching him he's shit" he was same when he did commentary for NXT when all he did was say the show sucks it may well of but you don't really tell the viewers the show is shit so they may as well turn over and watch something else.

I have to agree about Cole he doesn't quite get what his job as a heel commentator is when Heenan-Venture and JBL did it they did it in such a away to make the face look better but all Cole does is basically say "Why bother watching him he's shit"

Bang on.

Regarding Ventura though, sometimes he

Just saw Alberto/Bryan there, thought it was really good and the hype was justified. Best TV match since Cena/Rey.

It's a strange situation with Sin Cara. The new one looks pretty good and can fly quite well. He's American so can speak if necessary and communicate easily in-ring, and has been in the system for a couple of years so should be pretty capable, not just of working the WWE style but even taking the lead in some matches. It would all point to the obvious choice being just to keep him in the character and cut their losses with Mistico.

However, the reason Sin Cara was created was to have another small, quick, underdog in the Rey Mysterio mould, and they wanted the man under the mask to have superstar status south of the border. Hunico ticks neither of those boxes; he's too big to effectively play the role which the character was intended for, and outside of Ciudad Juarez he has no name value at all in Mexico.

Unless they plan to drag it out, I can't see it being good Sin Cara v Evil Sin Cara, otherwise Hunico would have had some subtle heel touches and hints in his matches. If Hunico stays in the mask, you have someone who'll probably be pretty dependable, can have good, spectacular matches, and they'll still be able to make money from merchandise domestically. Yet if they brought someone in based on their popularity in Mexico despite the inevitable difficulties he'd face adapting, there must have been a lot of money to be made from it, whether it's merch, sponsorship, tv viewers, ticket sales or whatever. If they cut Mistico, those streams will all be gone.

It all makes it rather intriguing as to what their next step will be.

Well apparently the original Sin Cara did the house shows at the weekend.

Archived