1PW Cancels Future Events

Professor Paul's Bin

• Paid Members
I believe they started with a match, and then a long in-ring promo segment, I remember saying to my mate at that point "They are almost an hour in and there has only been one match!".

I think my girlfriend said the same thing to me when we first watched an episode of iMPACT! together.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure one show started with an in-ring promo by the commentators that ran longer than the main event featuring 2 imports. It actually probably happened more than once. As did run ins by 1PW employees' 2nd cousins once removed that scored pops only from the ardent 1PW Genealogists in attendence. In this regard 1PW (Gauntley era) only served to appeal to fans that knew the ins and outs of its own bloated self important bubble while casuals were left perplexed.

• Paid Members
So in the last 2 pages 1PW has been compared to WCW, ECW & TNA? Congratulations for giving 2 of the biggest wankers in the world an excuse to wank.

did someone say 'Wank'?

In fairness it would be more suitable to compare them to the UWF, but there's no way I'm fucking dissing Herb Abrams.

• Paid Members

Imagine if we fed Danny's ego for a whole week? If he expelled into a pot and sold it, I reckon he could go a good way at paying off his debts.

But who the fuck would want a country full of young Rodd-zillas running around? One's more than enough of a waste of space...

I never compared em to ecw and wcw.

Though ecw's not a bad comparison in some ways mind, much smaller scale of course but rapid crowd, long shows, awful business. Well the first incaranation anyway, not danny's one.

Obviously not comparable on every level, but there's some things that were worth noting.

So... has there actually been any official word from Danny Rodd on refunds, or anything at all? Or is legal action the only way for people to get their money back?

So... has there actually been any official word from Danny Rodd on refunds, or anything at all? Or is legal action the only way for people to get their money back?

Of course there hasn't been any word. I'm going to make a mass generalisation here and say that the problem is, a lot of people that were ripped off will only go as far as asking for a paypal refund, sending emails and facebook posts and either don't know what to do now, or don't want to take responsibility and go any further to give this crook what he deserves.

Majik gave some excellent advice on how to go about getting refunds, but let's be honest, how many people are likely to follow up on that?

Like I said, I'm generalising and I'm sure there are a few who will take the matter to a small claims court. But spade a spade, Rodzilla ain't going to jail or anything cos it's much easier to whine on the internet and fill a paypal refund form in than it actually is to take the matter to court.

Lol you have to ask? The email address he put up goes to a bloke who'se no longer part of the company, and no longers checks it. What do you reckon?

Of course there hasn't been any word. I'm going to make a mass generalisation here and say that the problem is, a lot of people that were ripped off will only go as far as asking for a paypal refund, sending emails and facebook posts and either don't know what to do now, or don't want to take responsibility and go any further to give this crook what he deserves.

Majik gave some excellent advice on how to go about getting refunds, but let's be honest, how many people are likely to follow up on that?

Like I said, I'm generalising and I'm sure there are a few who will take the matter to a small claims court. But spade a spade, Rodzilla ain't going to jail or anything cos it's much easier to whine on the internet and fill a paypal refund form in than it actually is to take the matter to court.

I could be wrong but isnt The refund date on paypal 60 days? Most of the people who bought tickets for this will have seen those 60 days go by with rodd insisting that the show was happening so where does that leave them?

Up the creek without a paddle and Rodd knew this thats why he kept taking the money. Only place now would probably be small claims court and if he liquidates the company then you really are struglling dependant on who the actual purchase was from and who the money went to

Archived