The Chris Masters Appreciation Thread

Mr.Showtime

• Paid Members

Never really liked the name "The Masterlock" - just sounded cheesy. "Full nelson" is perfectly cromulent, IMO.

I agree they should have some way for people to remember he's "The Masterpiece" though.

By the way, the most recent TNA spoilers were reported, almost the day after Chris was released, by a Harry Mordetzky? Co-winkydink? (Almost definitely, but I'm gonna pretend it's all leading to something.)

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He might not be able to use Masterpiece, either. He could always Warrior his name to Chris Masters, though.

He should bleach his hair, shave his beard off and change his name to something like Dirk Fistdrop, Chance DeMarco or Rip Tidestrong and just try and sneak back into FCW. He'd fit in with the silly name brigade and probably get called up in a few months.

chris-masters.png

I just heard the news about the release of 'The Masterpiece' Chris Masters, and I'm devastated. Not for him, because it's obvious he's probably better off elsewhere. But for me, because I don't tend to watch stuff outside the big one so will possibly never see him again.

Still, this doesn't mean we can't look on his WWE career (well, both of 'em) and ponder what was, and what could have been. I don't want to list too many things here because that's for you to add, but when I think of Chris Masters I think of his original entrance music which should have remained, his quickfire spat with the Heartbreak Kid Shawn Michaels, and making people care about Carlito when they both teamed up and feuded. I thought his career would skyrocket when it was revealed he could make his chest dance to Crazy Train (Ozzy Osbourne: "Someone get that man a bra!") but alas, Vince failed to spot talent once again and it slipped through his fingers.

Now, onto you. Appreciate the Masterpiece Chris Masters here. :)

if only he had a personality he could have got somewhere. cena is just as impressive body wise but the difference is cena has a personality and connects with people. masters doesnt have that.

masters though has improved alot over the past year, he was having good matches on superstars.

• Paid Members
Interview about his release etc. Some interesting stuff in it. He mentions Triple H and Vince were really impressed with his recent work, so odd that they still released him.

Even odder that they wrote it into a promo on Monday night too.

I was gutted when I read about his release. He was absolutely one of the best workers in the company and I wish I knew why they did fuck all with him and then got rid because fuck, since about January 2010 he has been having week in week out great matches with everybody he worked with.

Moved so well for a big man and it showed in his work how much he busted his arse to improve. What a waste. Masters is so fucking good and he mastered the art of a TV match. Never seen a collection of so many great 10 minute matches and this is coming from somebody who hated him in his first run with the company. Great look, great moveset, charisma, great wrestler, always consistent.

• Paid Members

This is a genuinely insane theory but could Masters cost Cena the title tonight and his release was a 'Brian Pillman' release and it was a massive move to dupe a few people.... fuck it, that's madenss. I'll do this myself

WANK

I don't think he will be part of the Cena/Punk match but possibly Christian vs Orton after what Christian said about having a plan!?

Archived