The Chris Masters Appreciation Thread

Mr.Showtime

chris-masters.png

I just heard the news about the release of 'The Masterpiece' Chris Masters, and I'm devastated. Not for him, because it's obvious he's probably better off elsewhere. But for me, because I don't tend to watch stuff outside the big one so will possibly never see him again.

Still, this doesn't mean we can't look on his WWE career (well, both of 'em) and ponder what was, and what could have been. I don't want to list too many things here because that's for you to add, but when I think of Chris Masters I think of his original entrance music which should have remained, his quickfire spat with the Heartbreak Kid Shawn Michaels, and making people care about Carlito when they both teamed up and feuded. I thought his career would skyrocket when it was revealed he could make his chest dance to Crazy Train (Ozzy Osbourne: "Someone get that man a bra!") but alas, Vince failed to spot talent once again and it slipped through his fingers.

Now, onto you. Appreciate the Masterpiece Chris Masters here. :)

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I fully endorse this thread.

I'm not one to get pissed off by WWE's decisions anymore, but I was gutted to read about the release of Chris Masters. I never really thought they were going to do anything with him so it's not the greatest tragedy but at the same time, fucking hell they got rid of one of their best all-rounders. The most irritating thing is it's not his fault, because he had the misfortune of being pushed hard years before he was ready, and now that he legitimately is a top talent, they do nothing with him. At this point in his career he had the potential to be a killer heel or a lovable babyface, but instead he languished on Superstars and two-minute job runouts on Smackdown. Although, it's a mark of his talent that he can tell a story in two minutes when most of what he's doing is selling (he's become especially great at this) or drag a fantastic 12-minute match of a worthless scrub like Drew McIntyre.

A tremendous shame, but not a surprise.

• Paid Members

There's been plenty of Masters love in the other threads discussing this news, but what I will add is that I really think that The Masterpiece had one of the best looks in the whole business. Fantastic physique (he is a masterpiece, after all), tanned, good looking, stylish classic looking ring attire. He looks like a guy that you would expect to see in a WrestleMania main event, or on the cover of the tour programmes and the video games.

The more I think about his release the more pissed off I am to be honest. I wonder if there is more to the story than WWE simply cutting the roster?

The Wellness Policy unfortunately did pretty much ruin his career, which is a shame but also probably a god-send in terms of his health.

I liked him a lot early on and his match with Shawn Michaels was pretty good at Unforgiven that time. It's a shame he kind of fell downhill and never really recovered well from it apart from being used as a comedy piece.

• Paid Members

Probably the worst decision in terms of releasing talent they have done for YEARS. He's miles ahead most of the roster. How can Dave Otunga and that other useless fuck be on the main shows getting wins while one of the few with genuine main event potential gets the boot?

Utter madness. The only reason I can think of is that whoever is in charge of these things hasn't bothered watching Superstars for the past 2 years where Masters was having better matches with shitarses than the main events of most Raw and Smackdowns.

UK Promoters: Start your engines. Throw your cash at Masters.

Masterpiece83@gmail.com

• Paid Members

Masters had the ability to make any shite WWE gave him work. That titty dance was a terrible idea, but Masters timing got it over. Of course WWE stopped him doing it when it did get over and stopped featuring him on Raw/Smackdown.

Masters will always be fucked in WWE. The Wellness policy means WWE won't push him out of fear he'll get that third strike. Also Triple H has always had a problem with him for some reason and refuses letting his gripe go. Upon Masters return Triple H made sure he got a couple of digs in again.

It's a weird one though. Masters is everything Vince gets a hard on over. PLUS he has the advantage of actually being good and having cool ring gear. Pretty clear somebody in the writing room is always bashing him to Vince.

Oddly considering most of my views on pro wrestling, I do think Chris Masters is quality. When he first burst on the scene with a gansta

• Paid Members

I'm genuinely gutted the lad is gone. I preferred Superstars to Raw or Smackdown most weeks, thanks to Masters.

It just beggars belief that they'd get shot of someone who was genuinely entertaining, hard working and over, yet keep the likes of Primo, the Uso's, Yoshi Tatsu, McIntyre and that Heath Slater prick onboard...

I jumped onboard the Master's Crazy Train when I first saw this on Raw. And now I'm sad...

I would love to see Chris Masters over here, maybe on an All Star tour.

I liked the way Masters ws introduced way back in 2005. Coming in, he showed up and knocked Ric Flair and then he nearly smashed Stevie Richards head off. Then he has the cool match with Shawn and his teaming with Carlito was good for both men at the time. Then he kinda faded apart from being slagged off by HHH for daring to follow the wellness policy.

When he came back I can't remember him doing too much until Superstars came on. I always liked Masters but since he went smaller he seem to move more easily. He wasn't doing moonsaults and topes, but what he did do looked fantastic and went with his character. The Pex thing was hilarious with Ozzy, but it was his matches which he made a real impression.

I hope Masters gets a good opportunity somewhere, he really does deserve it.

Archived