Smackdown Spoilers For 8/5/2011

ThePhenom

Dark Match:

* Wade Barrett beat Colt Cabana

SmackDown, Airing Friday:

* Sheamus vs. Mark Henry is announced for SummerSlam and Sheamus vs. The Great Khali is announced for tonight.

* Sheamus beat The Great Khali.

* Natalya beat AJ Lee and turned heel.

* Daniel Bryan debuts a new theme song before facing Tyson Kidd.

* Zack Ryder brings out WWE Intercontinental Champion Ezekiel Jackson but is interrupted by Ted DiBiase and Cody Rhodes. Teddy Long interrupts them and announces Ryder vs. Zeke.

* Ezekiel Jackson beat Zack Ryder.

* Ryder is now apparently known as Dwight Schrut, Assistant to the GM unless I missed something. Triple H came out, had the cameras cut off and hit Ryder with a Pedigree.

* Teddy Long had a new Diva assistant it looks like.

* Mark Henry squashes Vladimir Kozlov and beats him up until Sheamus makes the save.

* David Otunga, Michael McGillicutty and JTG beat The Usos and Trent Baretta.

* Main event time with Randy Orton and John Morrison vs. Christian and R-Truth. Truth and Christian get the win after Christian pins Orton.

I have a couple of random thoughts, first of all I'm glad Daniel Bryan has a new theme, his old one didn't exactly scream potential World Champion as others on here said a few weeks ago. It's bad enough giving Otunga and McGillicutty TV time on Superstars, let alone both proper TV shows in one week, they are so dull... And I can't believe what they looked to have done to Zack Ryder on this taping, I understand losing to Jackson, but they didn't have to book them two together. He is Scotty 2 Hotty 2000 hot, and it's like they are intent on killing him. There was no need to bury him even further by having Triple H come and Pedigree him, it's just not on.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dark Match:

* Wade Barrett beat Colt Cabana

SmackDown, Airing Friday:

* Sheamus vs. Mark Henry is announced for SummerSlam and Sheamus vs. The Great Khali is announced for tonight.

* Sheamus beat The Great Khali.

* Natalya beat AJ Lee and turned heel.

* Zack Ryder brings out WWE Intercontinental Champion Ezekiel Jackson but is interrupted by Ted DiBiase and Cody Rhodes. Teddy Long interrupts them and announces Ryder vs. Zeke.

* Ezekiel Jackson beat Zack Ryder.

* Ryder is now apparently known as Dwight Schrut, Assistant to the GM unless I missed something. Triple H came out, had the cameras cut off and hit Ryder with a Pedigree.

* Teddy Long had a new Diva assistant it looks like.

* Mark Henry squashes Vladimir Kozlov and beats him up until Sheamus makes the save.

* David Otunga, Michael McGillicutty and JTG beat The Usos and Trent Baretta.

* Main event time with Randy Orton and John Morrison vs. Christian and R-Truth. Truth and Christian get the win after Christian pins Orton.

I have a couple of random thoughts, first of all I'm glad Daniel Bryan has a new theme, his old one didn't exactly scream potential World Champion as others on here said a few weeks ago. It's bad enough giving Otunga and McGillicutty TV time on Superstars, let alone both proper TV shows in one week, they are so dull... And I can't believe what they looked to have done to Zack Ryder on this taping, I understand losing to Jackson, but they didn't have to book them two together. He is Scotty 2 Hotty 2000 hot, and it's like they are intent on killing him. There was no need to bury him even further by having Triple H come and Pedigree him, it's just not on.

where did you get that from sounds like a fucked up espisode

Some more detailed spoilers:

First match of the show is Sheamus versus Great Khali. Good back and forth, Khali couldn't sell anything. He got Sheamus in a vice grip to which Sheamus powered his way out and headbutted him and punched him then hit Khali, while he was on his knees, with the Brough Kick for the win

Next is Natalya versus AJ. They shake hands beforehand and Natalya is in control almost the entire match. Match ends as soon as Natalya puts the sharpshooter on and she helps AJ up only to beat her up right afterwards. Grabs a mic and says that she too is sick of the divas division and the bimbos and says "Beth Phoenix, I'm with you, girl!"

Promo with Randy Orton where Orton says that Christian is the only champion in history to win it after a DQ and that Christian not only hasn't beaten Orton by pinfall or submission but he can't.

Next Barrett comes out and sits at ringside for the Bryan versus Tyson Kidd match. This was actually a great wrestling match where Bryan won then him and Barrett stared at each other.

John Morrison in the back doing parkour. Cool stuff, runs up a wall and does a backflip then grabs his coat and heads away.

State of the Brogram comes up with Zach Ryder who gets a pretty big pop. But before he can say anything Ezekial Jackson comes out asking Ryder why he put him in a handicap match when he specifically said not to be in one. Then Ryder says "Bro, I though you said you wanted to be in one." and then Cody Rhodes's music hits and he comes out with Ted Dibiase saying that he wants an intercontinental title shot and he'll resurrect the title like he resurrected Ted's career. Big Zeke tells Ted that Rhodes is using Ted like Barrett used him. Teddy Long comes out and says that "Ryder is not the Assistant GM, he's just his assistant" and that he'll fight against Zeke for the intercontinental title and Rhodes & Dibiase are banned from ringside.

This match wasn't the squash I thought it'd be. In fact, Ryder was in control for the meat of it and even hit some of his spots. Still, Zeke won with the torture rack. Shortly after, Triple H showed up and told Ryder that he annoyed him and like he told Punk that there were some things he couldn't get away with. Then he told the cameras to shut off, so I don't know if this part will make it on at all, but the lights dimmed & flickered, the screen and backdrop and all the cameras were turned off and Triple H asked the crowd if they wanted to see something special, but only if we promised not to say anything (whoops!) He takes off his coat and tie and unbuttons his shirt halfway. Then tells Ryder he needs to relieve some stress and hits him with a pedigree. The crowd popped like mad for the pedigree, even the Ryder marks, and when his music hit.

Christian is preparing for his match when R-Truth walks up to him and says stuff about conspiricies and Little Jimmies. Christian agrees with the conspiracy, but asks "Who's Little Jimmy?"

Mark Henry then takes on Kazlov. Kazlov is no longer a gangster I guess. Short match, Henry wins then does the ankle break with the chair shot again. This time Sheamus comes out with a steel chair and runs Henry off.

Sheamus is found in the back walking with the steel chair when he's interviewed. He says that he's sick of Henry taking down big guys like The Big Show, Kane & Kozlov and he won't do it to him. Taking away their hearts and spirits, but he's Irish and likes to fight and his spirit and heart will always live on. I guess Sheamus is 100% face now.

Main event: R-Truth & Christian vs. Randy Orton and John Morrison

Starts off with John Morrison chasing R-Truth out of the ring, the crowd got a chuckle out of that. Officially starts with Christian and Morrisson. Good back and forth throughout. Morrisson is in there for a long time and the crowd chants Randy! Randy! Randy! at least three times. At one point, Orton comes after Christian and Christian jumps the guard rail into the crowd running away, but a few minutes later he goes back after Orton gets to his corner. FInally the hot tag is made with Christian and Orton where Orton hits some of his big moves and looks like he's getting ready to punt Christian until R-Truth makes the save. Truth gets hit by Morrison, Morrison is shoved out by Christian and Randy Orton does his middle rope DDT and prepares himself for the RKO until R-Truth comes in, and he gets RKO'd. This gives Christian the time to use the Killswitch and get the 1-2-3 clean. He runs out, grabs his belt and celebrates and starts to go up the ramp.

Dark Match Main Event:

Teddy Long comes out and says that he may have won that one, but him and Orton are having a Street Fight for the championship. Orton is in control most of the match and prepares for the RKO when DiBiase and Rhodes come in and help Christian win. Afterwards, Christian rolls out and DiBiase & Rhodes continue to fight Orton until Orton breaks out of a hold and gives them both RKOs and one more to Christian when he comes back in to send the crowd home happy!

Overall a good show. The entire upper arena was tarped off and parts of the lower arena were empty, probalby only 5-10K in the arena, but it was loud for most of the night.

Biggest pops: Randy Orton, Triple H & Hornswoggle

Biggest Heat: R-Truth, Christian & Tyson Kidd

Doe sthis report not even say who won the Daniel Bryan/Tyson Kidd match.

And i'm guessing the Ryder segment was a joke based on The Office that whoever wrote this didn't get.

• Paid Members

Poor Ryder.

Like I said in the Raw thread. Hopefully Triple H is playing up the "I bury people" part of his character to 'work' us, with the eventual goal to have the rebel CM Punk stand up to the bully and go over.

There is so much untapped potential in Punk 'shooting' on Triple Hs infamous backstage politics. If they heat the Triple H net hate back up (shite like beating up Ryder for no reason), they can really get Punks momentum back.

Poor Ryder.

Like I said in the Raw thread. Hopefully Triple H is playing up the "I bury people" part of his character to 'work' us, with the eventual goal to have the rebel CM Punk stand up to the bully and go over.

There is so much untapped potential in Punk 'shooting' on Triple Hs infamous backstage politics. If they heat the Triple H net hate back up (shite like beating up Ryder for no reason), they can really get Punks momentum back.

It makes sense. I reckon they had Triple H there for backstage segments. Had no actual reason for him to come out to the crowd for the television show, but didn't want to upset the punters who knew he was there. So they had Triple H come out, turn the cameras off and pedigree a man. It's not going to be on TV so it doesn't matter for shit. It would have been a lot worse if Triple H came out, turned the cameras off and pedigreed Daniel Bryan or Tyson Kidd for no apparent reason. Ryder's been bothering Triple H 15 times a day since he started with new ideas. It'd make sense for Triple H to Pedigree him. If he didn't eventually - it'd make him look like a bitch and that's not what you need when you're teasing a major Triple H vs CM Punk angle.

• Paid Members

That second set of spoilers makes things look much more interesting on paper than the first. Things are getting quite interesting on Smackdown even though I still think it's lacking a big spark at the top end of the card.

I'm all for Sheamus as a face. Even as a heel he would usually get a half decent reaction from the crowd who gradually warmed more and more to him over time.

As much as I love Christian and his matches with Orton have been very good, I just hope Summerslam is the end of it. Also, I'm paying for an Orton heel turn because I'm just not enjoying him in his current role at all. I'd sooner have Sheamus take over as Smackdown's top babyface and have challenges from a heel Orton, Christian and Mark Henry and so forth.

It makes sense. I reckon they had Triple H there for backstage segments. Had no actual reason for him to come out to the crowd for the television show, but didn't want to upset the punters who knew he was there. So they had Triple H come out, turn the cameras off and pedigree a man. It's not going to be on TV so it doesn't matter for shit. It would have been a lot worse if Triple H came out, turned the cameras off and pedigreed Daniel Bryan or Tyson Kidd for no apparent reason. Ryder's been bothering Triple H 15 times a day since he started with new ideas. It'd make sense for Triple H to Pedigree him. If he didn't eventually - it'd make him look like a bitch and that's not what you need when you're teasing a major Triple H vs CM Punk angle.

If Triple H was a full blown heel it would make sense. But he's not. Ryder is over with the fans and has been pushed the last couple of weeks, so to have a guy in a suit bury him seems a bit wasteful to me. If they wanted to make Triple H look like a bad ass they could have just put him in a verbal confrontation with a heel or something. I'm not dead against him doing the whole burying people schtick (provided it isn't overdone), but Trips has got to be in proper heel mode to make it work right.

• Paid Members
If Triple H was a full blown heel it would make sense. But he's not. Ryder is over with the fans and has been pushed the last couple of weeks, so to have a guy in a suit bury him seems a bit wasteful to me. If they wanted to make Triple H look like a bad ass they could have just put him in a verbal confrontation with a heel or something. I'm not dead against him doing the whole burying people schtick (provided it isn't overdone), but Trips has got to be in proper heel mode to make it work right.

Surely, as we don't even know how much of that segment will air on television, it's probably best to wait and see if he does actually 'bury' him or not. If it's not televised it's not going to make a difference. Not that ryder getting pedigreed is him being 'buried' anyway. Its not like he was squashed by Primo or anything, it was the supposed company figuredhead and multi-time world champion. Let's wait and see what actually airs, perhaps?

• Moderators
If Triple H was a full blown heel it would make sense. But he's not. Ryder is over with the fans and has been pushed the last couple of weeks, so to have a guy in a suit bury him seems a bit wasteful to me.

If it doesn't happen on TV, it doesn't count.

• Paid Members
Surely, as we don't even know how much of that segment will air on television, it's probably best to wait and see if he does actually 'bury' him or not. If it's not televised it's not going to make a difference. Not that ryder getting pedigreed is him being 'buried' anyway. Its not like he was squashed by Primo or anything, it was the supposed company figuredhead and multi-time world champion. Let's wait and see what actually airs, perhaps?

Yeah but that's the thing, people will see it as such because it's Triple H. If CM Punk is going to work the smart fans as well, then it's a clever start. As you say Ryder really is nothing in WWE TV land, but he has a passionate and big internet following, this may be designed to piss them off and re-heat the Triple H hate.

Of course, I'm maybe giving them too much credit and it's just there for an easy pop.

If it doesn't happen on TV, it doesn't count.

Ahhh, didn't see that it's not being aired on television.

And whilst I do agree that "if it ain't on TV, it don't count", but didn't WWE acknowledge Edge's first Intercontinental title win even though that was at a house show? Are there any other instances of this kind of thing happening?

Archived