Smackdown Spoilers For 8/5/2011

ThePhenom

• Moderators
Putting him in these short squash matches is covering his negatives at the moment though, which will be exposed again if he has to go through a 20-30 minute PPV match, as we've seen over and over for the last 13 years!

They don't have to be 20-30 minute matches. 10 minutes would be perfectly fine for a World Heavyweight match. Him and Show had a 10 minute little cracker at MOTB.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Mark Henry having 20-30 minute matches wouldn't make sense for his character. He's a big nasty fucker who will put you away almost immediatley. Anyone who wants to beat him and keep Henry's character strong at the same time will have to get a quick flukey win over him which is fine by me.

• Paid Members
Mark Henry having 20-30 minute matches wouldn't make sense for his character. He's a big nasty fucker who will put you away almost immediatley. Anyone who wants to beat him and keep Henry's character strong at the same time will have to get a quick flukey win over him which is fine by me.

Unless they gradually wear him down and tire him out, then strike while he's weak.

Where is D-Bryans new music from? Sounds like something i've heard in PRIDE/DREAM or some other similar MMA company.

Night of Champions 2010 theme music, I believe. It sounds awesome over the highlights at the end of the matches, it made Kidd/Bryan seem epic in recap.

If Henry is ever going to be considered a serious title contender, it's now surely? I'd really have no problem with him being put in the title picture as long as he's not in the main event for months in a row and doesn't have overly long matches. The latter especially.

• Paid Members

I tell you what, if Mark Henry won the World Championship I'd fucking love it. Hopefully they won't kill all this momentum he's built up recently by having him put Sheamus over clean at SummerSlam. That's a little feud I think can run for a couple of months. With SummerSlam being their first meeting, I'd go with a DQ or countout finish with a massive brawl for afters.

Ultimately I'd like to see Henry's push culminate in a title reign- he deserves it if you ask me.

• Moderators
Night of Champions 2010 theme music, I believe. It sounds awesome over the highlights at the end of the matches, it made Kidd/Bryan seem epic in recap.

It reminded me of something off a "coming up" link on Sky Sports News.

• Paid Members

What they should do is have Sheamus and Henry end in some kind of double count-out, have Orton win back the title, then book a triple threat for the next PPV. In which you can have Orton beat Sheamus, which leaves Henry open for a one-on-one match at Hell In A Cell, a gimmick that should play more to his strengths.

What they should do is have Sheamus and Henry end in some kind of double count-out, have Orton win back the title, then book a triple threat for the next PPV. In which you can have Orton beat Sheamus, which leaves Henry open for a one-on-one match at Hell In A Cell, a gimmick that should play more to his strengths.

I love all of this except for the prospect of Orton and Henry in a Hell In A Cell. I just think the match type would be a waste. Because it is HIAC it would more than likely be a long match. And a long match between Orton and Henry doesn't really grab me. I think that a street-fight gimmick would be far better. It would have the potential to make Henry look even more of a monster whilst Orton could push the envelope in regards to how far he's willing to go to retain the championship.

• Paid Members
I love all of this except for the prospect of Orton and Henry in a Hell In A Cell. I just think the match type would be a waste. Because it is HIAC it would more than likely be a long match. And a long match between Orton and Henry doesn't really grab me. I think that a street-fight gimmick would be far better. It would have the potential to make Henry look even more of a monster whilst Orton could push the envelope in regards to how far he's willing to go to retain the championship.

It can be slowed down quite a lot for HIAC, have Orton selling for the majority of it, Henry continuously slamming him into the cell and such. Maybe even finally break through the wall, at least to go outside. I think it would work and it's the best option they have currently unless they switch R-Truth to Smackdown.

• Paid Members

Given Daniel Bryan's MITB briefcase the Smackdown title situation is odd, I try to work out how it'll all fit together for the big show, and all I can think is a multi-man match, which would dillute the MITB briefcase somewhat. Orton/Bryan would be intriguing, but it's hardly going to lead to a hot Wrestlemania moment unless they turn someone and I don't so much see the point in that. Other than Henry, Smackdown doesn't currently have a strong enough heel to build to a hot Wrestlemania match, and ultimately Henry/Bryan doesn't have the star power to make a Wrestlemania moment. Sheamus/Bryan might have worked, but Sheamus is now a babyface so that throws that possibility out.

Very odd situation.

Bryan vs Undertaker should be the WrestleMania match, for the streak and the title! If Triple H is fighting CM Punk and John Cena is fighting The Rock, who is there really for Taker to face? Might as well be Bryan, he's no worse than anyone else about. You've got the Undertaker's streak vs the streak of no MITB winner ever cashing in and losing.

Archived