Favourite Wrestling Attire

Shovanist Pig

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Anyone who can have toy companies still putting out different outfits of him 20 years after his prime, is a master at creating a marketable attire. For me, the Ultimate Warrior probaby had the best look in the history of wrestling. 90% of his success came from the fact he looked like if Marvel Comics had a superhero who also did heavy mental gigs at weekends in the 80s. He had the best blonde mullet in the history of life, he had the best body in the history of the business and you add a lot of neon, facepaint and tassels to that and you cant fail. Look at the bloke. What a star:

ultimate-warrior.jpgultimate_warrior.jpgultimate-warrior-2.jpg7f1bd-UltimateWarrior3.gifbroski.jpgwwe-legend-ultimate-warrior-posing-for-wwe-fans-pictures-gallery-3-260x300.jpg

I was actually gutted when I found out that the different coloured straps were just 3 or 4 belts WWF travelled around with in their production truck and were given to the Warrior based upon which outfit he was wearing. I always had visions of the Warrior in a cave somewhere working long into the night taking the plates and each belt stud off and screwing it into the different coloured strap.

• Paid Members
Ian, he still has the powder blue WE that he's wearing in one of the pictures you posted. He's willing to let it go for the paltry sum of around $28,000.

Is he? He's not daft old Warrior Jim is he? His action figures were going for some insane prices as well, as were he old wrestling outfits. Where is he selling it? Is he back on Ebay or is it through his website?

Thing is, someone out there will buy it.

Is he? He's not daft old Warrior Jim is he? His action figures were going for some insane prices as well, as were he old wrestling outfits. Where is he selling it? Is he back on Ebay or is it through his website?

Thing is, someone out there will buy it.

http://www.ultimatewarrior.com/Pages/Blue_HW_WWF_Belt.html

No prices mentioned on the site but $28,000 was the last price he stated to those who inquired. The ones who want it aren't stupid enough to pay that. You used to be able to get the same version done to a tee for a tenth of the price from the original beltmaker. (Reggie Parks.)

When was that Zack Ryder Warrior???

My favourites tend to be old fashioned gear, going with trunks, pads and boots. I think guys like Kerry Von Erich looked cool as hell keeping it simple, same with Ric Flair, he just looked class in any colour, and of course then you had his robes. Also think Chris Masters has it going on with his white gear.

Thats not to say you can't mix it up, Warriors ultra colourful attire was awesome, and a mention has to go to Rey Mysterio was mixes it up all the time, with his comic book inspired outfits and awesome entrance outfits.

• Paid Members
I've always loved Satoshi Kojima's get up. Just looks awesome;

Kojima2.jpg

I'll second this. I really like Kojima, he's someone I've always thought would do well in the states more than most puro guys. Great attire.

But Ian is spot on with woyah. Definitely the best look in wrestling. Bret Hart, Road Warriors in their LOD days and Demolition also had great attire and look.

Have to agree 100% on Warrior. I'd have to say Savage aswell, loads of different outfits and looks but all of them made him look like an utter star, the cowboy hat and tassled jacket is about as iconic a look as you could get in wrestling

1305925956-savage_randy.jpgmachomanrandysavage.jpg

I would have to go with almost any luchador...i fell in love with lucha libre long ago and a large part of what attracted me were the elaborate outfits they wear, i don't have 1 clear favorite, there are tons of amazing masked wrestlers out there,even outside of mexico.

when i see guys like jushin liger, that to me is pro wrestling bad a$$ defined.

There's just a certain appeal to masked wrestlers i can't realy put it into words, theres that mystery and fantasy world feel to them.

Now if we have to stay on american borders, i go with stuff like the road warriors,macho man,sting...

Basiclly anything or anyone that looks like they stepped out of a movie or comic book.

what i do not like is guys like cody rhodes or dibiase, just walking around in short trunks. it's boring. ( not a knock on talent, just the look)

tho i must admit,some guys don't need more to impress, for example,when a monster like brock lesnar arrives, well all he needed was plain black trunks to get my attention...i don't need to see him in a liger style outfit haha.

But overall it's the over the top stuff that i really love,shame we get so less of it these days !! it was one of the resons i was instantly a fan of the Boogeyman, he reminded me of everythign i loved about wrestling look-wise, that was awesome stuff.

On a similar vein to Warrior, I liked how Razor would mix it up. Despite being nails and Cuban and cool, he could still wear baby blue and be a fucking man about it. He was a walking advert for tropical fruits, but always looked cool. 94/95 Double J actually, now I think about it, he looked the perfectly ridiculous in those multi-coloured numbers. The WCW run/98 gimmick comeback was a letdown.

Archived