Mick Foley (Spoilers just in case)

marc2j

• Paid Members
Or chuck him on commentary.

I would think there's little-to-no chance of that, given how much he claims to have hated it, and how that nasty Vince hurt his feelings by shouting at him.

Your talking like he looked like Lex Luger when he won the WWF title. He's always looked like that. I cant imagine anyone thinking "Christ Foley's let himself go".

Errm...........

He has let himself go a lot. I thought that when watching some of his stand up comedy stuff from recently which iirc was after he finished up in TNA.

He's definitely fatter and more out of shape. And dressing even more trampily.

You can't deny that he looked like shit last time he was on TV (when he was revealed as the network informant or whatever it was called), his gut was more apparant than it used to be, he just looked terrible. I never had a problem with him being a bit fat, it was part of his appeal but he's taking the piss a bit. I just can't take him seriously now.

I don't have the vitriol of some people in regards to Mick Foley. I just don't quite see how he could fit into 2011 WWE in any meaningful way on a full-time basis. I'd rather use him as the timekeeper than see the 500th rehash of his authority figure role. He's currently horrible as a wrestler, and the commentary booths are full up, even more so with the return of JR. If I was Johnny Ace, I'd do one of two things:

a) Sign him to a Legends contract stipulating occassional appearances. Pay him a decent sum to go somewhere for 3 months and lose about 40 pounds while working on his cardio.

b) Boot Booker T out and make him Smackdown announcer again. Let's face it, Booker sucks and his best attribute is making you laugh at the ridiculous shit he says. Honestly, I was surprised when they signed Book as an announcer, and even more surprised that they've kept him there so long. He looked in great shape at the Rumble and I couldn't see why he couldn't top off his career with a last 2-3 year WWE run as a wrestler. He talked in interviews while in TNA about wanting to wrestle guys like Orton.

• Paid Members
Let's face it, Booker sucks and his best attribute is making you laugh at the ridiculous shit he says. Honestly, I was surprised when they signed Book as an announcer, and even more surprised that they've kept him there so long.

I reckon Vince just finds him hilarious. Unintentionally hilarious, but hilarious all the same. The fact Josh Matthews and Michael Cole get away with pissing themselves laughing openly at the things he says with poor Booker blissfully unaware makes me think this is the case.

• Paid Members
You can't deny that he looked like shit last time he was on TV (when he was revealed as the network informant or whatever it was called), his gut was more apparant than it used to be, he just looked terrible. I never had a problem with him being a bit fat, it was part of his appeal but he's taking the piss a bit. I just can't take him seriously now.

Depends what period your talking about. At Royal Rumble 2008, he looked so bad, he said he'd never wrestle again. He was insanely fat and wore a silly tiger print shirt. But he's shown for years, when the time is right he can look less shit than he usually does. He looked great (well for Foley) in time for his match with Flair last year. If anything, he look is the least of his worries. Its whether they can find a place for him on TV. They had trouble finding a place for him when he was doing his regular returns years ago. He's already said he regrets to not sticking the commentator job out. Hopefully he develops a thicker skin or Vince stops shouting at him, because he was great in the role of commentator. And anythings better than Booker T.

He looks in really good shape here:

7125914.jpg

Depends what period your talking about. At Royal Rumble 2008, he looked so bad, he said he'd never wrestle again. He was insanely fat and wore a silly tiger print shirt. But he's shown for years, when the time is right he can look less shit than he usually does. He looked great (well for Foley) in time for his match with Flair last year. If anything, he look is the least of his worries. Its whether they can find a place for him on TV. They had trouble finding a place for him when he was doing his regular returns years ago. He's already said he regrets to not sticking the commentator job out. Hopefully he develops a thicker skin or Vince stops shouting at him, because he was great in the role of commentator. And anythings better than Booker T.

Its just that overhanging gut that does it for me and, as lame as it sounds, the state his hair is in. I suppose the Foley I have in my mind is from the streetfight aginst Triple H where he looked great. I'd be worried about how they'd fit him in too tbh, if he had a legends deal I don't think all that much would happen, GM or commissioner would be great as would getting him back on comms but whether they'd replace Booker now or not is debatable. I can see him having more involvement backstage than in front of the camera

He looks in really good shape here:

7125914.jpg

Jesus, look at those pecs, he was seriously ripped back then ;)

Archived