Mick Foley (Spoilers just in case)

marc2j

• Paid Members

Spoilers'd the thread as you can never be too sure...

Now that Mick Foley is no longer associated with TNA he is teasing via Twitter and various sources that he is looking at a return to WWE.

I dont know about anyone else, but i dont see him having any use on WWE television these days. He wouldnt be wrestling full time, has lost any sparkle for a return match, and is a real afterthought in the wrestling world in my opinion.

Id be glad if he bagged himself a legends deal, but i certainly wouldnt want to see him randomly popping up in six-pack challanges just to fulfill the terms of his contract again.

His commentator gig has been stolen by Booker T, and both RAW and Smackdown have three man booths now.

Does anyone see any viable place for Foley in WWE these days?

• Paid Members

He'll be back. He's well liked by everyone there because he'll speak up in public forums about people slagging WWE off and even I'd probably buy a Cactus Jack mattel figure if he returned. He's a legend from a era people like to remember, so he's marketable in various notalgia areas of the company like the video games and the figures. There's your likes of Dillkid who will watch old stuff and bash todays product, and post youtube comments saying "SHAWN STASIAK > ORTON" because it was from the Attitude era. He'll probably be the Raw GM as well. Like it or not, I cant see a possibility that WWE wont bring him back. He's shown in TNA, if they give him the right material he can still cut a promo as good as anyone, so if they do bring him back I hope we get the Foley from 2000 as opposed to the Executive Shareholder/Head of the Network we've had in TNA.

• Paid Members

As long as he brings something more than whining about why people don't think he's awesome anymore, and his creepy crush on Tori Amos, then I'm happy for him to come back. If nothing else, he knows how to - and is usually willing to - put other talent over.

He'll probably be the Raw GM as well.

He'd be good in the role, we all know he can do it from his Commissioner days back in 2000, the problem is the same thing that faces anyone being GM... the contradictions in character. Right now, I feel the Raw GM is a heel... what with his Michael Cole victory at Wrestlemania and banning Bret Hart from RAW... Foley is too likeable to be used as a heel.

I'd much rather them bring Kevin Nash back as the Raw GM... if they still plan to use the idea now HHH is Chief Operating Executive/

He'd be good in the role, we all know he can do it from his Commissioner days back in 2000, the problem is the same thing that faces anyone being GM... the contradictions in character. Right now, I feel the Raw GM is a heel... what with his Michael Cole victory at Wrestlemania and banning Bret Hart from RAW... Foley is too likeable to be used as a heel.

I'd much rather them bring Kevin Nash back as the Raw GM... if they still plan to use the idea now HHH is Chief Operating Executive/

The contradictions in the GM's decisions could fit in with the three faces of Foley though. He could constantly switch between characters and make heel/face decisions depending on who he was playing.

The contradictions in the GM's decisions could fit in with the three faces of Foley though. He could constantly switch between characters and make heel/face decisions depending on who he was playing.

I really didn't consider that.

Well done to you sir

The good thing, for me anyway, is that I have never watched a Mick Foley match since he left WWE. Therefore his useless, bitter old hasbeen period doesn't exist. It would be the same for the majority of fans of the big league. I'd love to see him back on WWE TV and used in a decent role.

I wouldn't mind seeing him come back as a commentator (fat chance), but don't think I'd enjoy anything else. His commissioner role in 2000 was brilliant, but they had writers who knew how to write comedy skits back then, and the dynamic he had with people like Edge, Christian and Angle helped to put over the actual wrestlers. These days (from about the time of his useless ECW angle through to his useless TNA run), he can't resist padding his promos with irrelevant shite seemingly designed to amuse himself and nobody else. I don't think I could bear him pretending to be an authority figure in his

I couldn't see him ever in a wrestling role again, he's out of shape and looks like shit. I don't even think I'd buy into him being an authority figure looking like he does, he just looks like a joke which is sad because I've always been a massive fan of his.

• Paid Members
I couldn't see him ever in a wrestling role again, he's out of shape and looks like shit. I don't even think I'd buy into him being an authority figure looking like he does, he just looks like a joke which is sad because I've always been a massive fan of his.

Your talking like he looked like Lex Luger when he won the WWF title. He's always looked like that. I cant imagine anyone thinking "Christ Foley's let himself go".

• Paid Members

Here's a photo of Mick Foley from this year:

Mick-Foley.-007.jpg

I fail to see the difference. Obviously no one wants him in a wrestling role but I'd be happy if he was the Raw GM. I think him, The Miz, R-Truth, Alberto Del Rio and CM Punk would have great chemistry. And he might be able to drag some character out of the guys with potential who can't seem to create a proper personality for themselves (e.g. John Morrison and Kofi Kingston). Or chuck him on commentary. Basically, I think if he turns up now he will either make no difference or improve the shows, I can't see him making things worse.

Archived