wtf Hollywood

Vito

• Paid Members
2012-14: Barbarella (remake of the 1968 movie starring Jane Fonda)

Actress Olivia Wilde is calling on Hollywood producers to take more "risks" and build sci-fi roles around strong female characters because she's tired of playing the "helpful sidekick".

http://uk.omg.yahoo.com/news/wilde-wants-m...-083822484.html

Coincidence? :rolleyes:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Not if you don't watch it.

I'll be avoiding it like the plague, so memories of my Phoebe Cates induced erections (despite her wearing socks with a dress) are safe.

• Awards Moderator
They are Re-making Dads Army too.

So far they've signed Alan Carr to play Sergeant Arthur Wilson (Formaly played by John Le Mesurier) And Matt Lucas to play Capt Mainwaring (Arthur Lowe).

Noooooooooooo. Surely not?! That is the worst casting I have ever heard of if true. May I say again, noooooooooooooooo. We're doomed. Doomed.

I am sad now. Long live the original.

Are we going to see Ghostbusters III anytime soon? I've been waiting for that since the early 90s.

That depends on what mood Bill Murray is in at that moment in time 1 minute he's willing to do it the next he's not last I heard he's had the script for about a year but has yet to bother even reading it.

• Paid Members
That depends on what mood Bill Murray is in at that moment in time 1 minute he's willing to do it the next he's not last I heard he's had the script for about a year but has yet to bother even reading it.

Does anybody know why he fell out with Ivan Reitman? Doesn't Murray hate the rest of the cast too, or am I imagining I read that?

Does anybody know why he fell out with Ivan Reitman? Doesn't Murray hate the rest of the cast too, or am I imagining I read that?

No he hates them all I did read if he does it a condition he made is he gets killed off early in the movie (like in the 1st few minutes) and come back as a ghost where he could be CGI'd in but wouldn't have to meet or be around the rest of the cast.

I've also read he owns certain rights to the movie so they can't legally make part 3 or a remake without his permission

• Paid Members

He still likes to tease though, like this video from October last year:

No he hates them all I did read if he does it a condition he made is he gets killed off early in the movie (like in the 1st few minutes) and come back as a ghost where he could be CGI'd in but wouldn't have to meet or be around the rest of the cast.

I know there's some bad blood, but I don't think there's the hate some people think. His biggest issue with Ghostbusters 3 was that he was so pissed off at how crap he felt 2 was. At one stage, early last year I think, he said he feels enough time has past for the wounds of 2 to heal. There was some fall out with Reitman I think though, did he have something to do with Groundhog Day?

I'm clinging onto the idea that the killing off/ghost stuff was a throw away remark that has spiralled out of control and isn't serious.

Most recent news I can find is that Murrey has now signed on, but not just for Ghostbusters 3, but also for 4!

Bill Murray may have held out when it came to signing on for the new Ghostbustersmovie, but the news that has come with it makes up for his tardiness. Apparently Murray will star not only in Ghostbusters 3 but also part 4 of the series which are set to begin filming in 2012.

Murray will join Dan Aykroyd, Harold Ramis and Ernie Hudson for the films which will be released Christmas 2012 and Christmas 2013.

Over the last 12 months talk about Ghostbusters 3 has reached a frenzied pace as more of the original films actors signed on for roles, however Bill Murray wasn

Archived