wtf Hollywood

Vito

• Paid Members

Hollywood doesn't care. People will pay to watch it, as it's Batman. The brand has always been strong (Batman & Robin did shockingly good at the box office).

I wish they would invest in a good Superman film though, hopefully the upcoming one is good.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There should be a few more DC movies out in the next few years as WB want to do a JLA movie they already have Batman-Superman and Green Lantern.

That is another reason they want to reboot Batman as the Nolan Batman doesn't fit into a universe with heroes with super powers.

I've found a bit on the reboot

Here

To be fair, remakes and sequels have been a mainstay of the film world since the 30's, the horror genre in particular. Mark Gatiss mentioned this in his excellent History Of Horror series on BBC4. It's hardly a new thing.

The Escape From New York remake has been cancelled (for now anyway)

Awwwww man, and it sounded SO good, too! So it appears that the ill-advised Escape From New York remake has hit yet another snag on the road to development. I know this doesn't mean it won't happen, but I'll gladly postpone the inevitably unnecessary reinvention of Snake for as long as humanly possible.

Anyway, New Line and Warner Brothers have exercised their option to drop the project, meaning it's back on the market and ready for the next group of unimaginative producers to try and bring everyone's favorite anti-hero to the big screen for modern audiences.

No word on who might make a play for this one or who should step in behind the eye patch, but we'll keep on top of this one. There's a strong possibility someone else will snatch this sucker up ASAP, considering the name recognition of the property and all. And in the meantime there's always that Thing premake, right, Foy?

Credit>http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/45808/new-line-wont-escape-new-york

• Paid Members
There should be a few more DC movies out in the next few years as WB want to do a JLA movie they already have Batman-Superman and Green Lenten.

That is another reason they want to reboot Batman as the Nolan Batman doesn't fit into a universe with heroes with super powers.

true, but it wouldn';t shock me if, after all the problems theyve had trying to do it and the general crucificition green lantern got, plus marvel's choking up the comic book part of the film industry as it is, that they decide to shelve it.

They need to remake movies which would benefit from current technological advances. I'm talking about Wizards of Oz or some other old classic. It would bring it to a whole new audience and it is a classic story.

Both Child's Play and Hellrasier are been remade but with the original director and actor as now they can do what they wanted to do 20-25 years ago but couldn't.

Both Child's Play and Hellrasier are been remade but with the original director and actor as now they can do what they wanted to do 20-25 years ago but couldn't.

Clive Barker isn't directing, he's only assisting with the production. And Doug Bradley isn't going to be playing Pinhead.

Clive Barker isn't directing, he's only assisting with the production. And Doug Bradley isn't going to be playing Pinhead.

I thought he was last I heard mind you that hasn't been for a bit still a remake isn't going to hurt Hellraiser either way there hasn't been a good one since 3 and I have seen all 9 of them in some Pinhead is in it for like 1-2 minutes.

• Paid Members
2011: Flight Of The Navigator (remake of the 1986 kids sci-fi film)

I actually think this is a fair should for remaking. The film is definately a classic, but I can't imagine it having much appeal to todays kids.

2012: Die Hard 5

2012: Indiana Jones 5

It was clear at the end of Indy 4 that they were gonna do another and tbh, this makes me happy. I didn't watch the latest installments with the same rose tinted glasses others seem to have with regard to the original 3. For me the film was a good fit to the series and a lot of fun.

Likewise, I loved Die Hard 4.1, so the idea of a Fifth should also be fun. It's worth mentioning Bruce Willis wants to do Dies Hard 5 and then one more Die Hard film.

2013: The Birds (a remake of the 1960's Alfred Hitchcock movie which was based on a book written in the 1950's)

If I may be anal for a moment, assuming this film is still going ahead it's not to be a remake of the Alfred Hitchcock movie but actually another film based on the book from which the Hitchcock film came.

To be fair, remakes and sequels have been a mainstay of the film world since the 30's, the horror genre in particular. Mark Gatiss mentioned this in his excellent History Of Horror series on BBC4. It's hardly a new thing.

See this is something people seem to forget. Hollywood isn't doing this because they have no more ideas, they're doing it cos it sells, cos people like it and cos someone comes along and thinks they can do something with an old franchise.

They need to remake movies which would benefit from current technological advances. I'm talking about Wizards of Oz or some other old classic. It would bring it to a whole new audience and it is a classic story.

WTF? That film has the benefit of being a timeless classic. Kids today still watch it. The music is iconic and in fact, it's quite suprising how old it is given the quality of it.

EDIT: A quick google search shows that Warner Brothers have got the rights to Wizard of Oz from MGM and as recently as November last year were planning to remake it using the same screenplay as the 1939 version. Now I'll admit, if the approach it taken to just try and improve it from a technological stand point rather than a story/music stand point then maybe they could have something, but I think people will still look to the original. Which actually isn't even the original as there were 2 or 3 other interpritation prior to this one.

In addition to the remake, 1 film company is planning a prequal, Disney are planning an animated sequal (Didn't Return to Oz suck?) and last week I watched a film called The Witches of Oz which actually wasn't too bad.

Has anyone read The Wizard Of Oz book it's vastly different to the actual movie if they made a film based 100% on the book it would be a 18 or 15 at best.

I wouldn't mind seeing it myself but can never see it happening

on a side note a Wizard Of Oz remake has been rumoured but it will be a kids film

I wonder if in 20 (ish) years time the kids of today will be complaining that Holloywood is remaking classic films of their childhood (Harry Potter-Twilight ect)

• Paid Members
Speaking of prequels there is an Alien prequel in the works

I heard that it's supposed to tell the story of the "Space Jockey" character, although I'm not entirely sure now that could work.

There's been talk of a prequel centering on the Space Jockey since the early 90s. It would be nice if they got either Ridley or Cameron in and kept the feel the same with men in rubber suits instead of a generic CGI buffet.

Archived