wtf Hollywood

Vito

If you needed proof that Hollywood has well and truly lost the plot, cast your eyes over this list of forthcoming movies.

Warning: Some of the films listed may induce confusion, anger or nausea.

2011: Attack Of The Killer Tomatoes (remake of the 1978 comedy/horror classic)

2011: Baywatch

2011: Bazooka Joe (yep, the character from the American bubble gum)

2011: Cliffhanger (remake of the 1993 movie originally starring Sylvester Stallone)

2011: Clue (remake of the 80's movie based on the Hasbro board game)

2011: Drop Dead Fred (starring Russell Brand)

2011: Flight Of The Navigator (remake of the 1986 kids sci-fi film)

2011: Footloose (remake of the 1984 musical film)

2011: Johnny English Reborn

2011: Scream 4 (forth sequel in the Scream franchise)

2011: The Muppets

2011: The Thing (remake of the 1982 horror classic)

2011: Tom & Jerry (live action meets CGI meets shit)

2012-14: Barbarella (remake of the 1968 movie starring Jane Fonda)

2012: Battleship

2012: Die Hard 5

2012: Indiana Jones 5

2012: Lethal Weapon 5

2012-14: Monopoly

2012: The Amazing Spiderman (the dreaded Spiderman movie reboot)

2012: The Three Stooges (a modern take on the 1920's comedy trio)

2012: Total Recall (starring Colin Farrell)

2012: White Chicks 2 (AIDS coated Cancer)

2013: Austin Powers 4

2013: Escape From New York (remake of the 1981 original)

2013: Stretch Armstrong

2013: Pirates Of the Caribbean 5

2013: The Birds (a remake of the 1960's Alfred Hitchcock movie which was based on a book written in the 1950's)

2013: The Crow (possibly starring Bradley Cooper)

2014: Asteroids (a movie version of the 1979 Atari video game)

2014: Pirates Of The Caribbean 6

2014: Terminator 5

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As long as people keep giving remakes and adaptations attention, they'll keep making them. Using an existing franchise gets potential customers aware of a film, talking about a film, and giving a fuck about a film before one single frame has been shot. That's the point of pre-sold franchises. All the "they've raped my childhood/Hollywood is out of ideas" threads on the Internet are what fuel the remake culture.

TBH I think I knew about all of these already plus Scream-5-6 is also planned plus a Spiderman sequel is already been written in fact the cast is rumoured to of signed up for at least 3 movies (as well as Iron Man 3 and Thor 2) and Batman is going to be rebooted soon after they finish The Dark Knight Rises plus The Superman reboot is out next year

The Lethal Weapon one is either going to be part 5 or a remake and on that note there is either going to be a Beverley Hills Cop 4 or a remake and Bruce Campbell and Sam Raimi have announced Evil Dead 4 (or again a remake) and lets not forget Ghostbusters 3 what will or will not be made depending on what mood Bill Murray is in at that moment in time

If you needed proof that Hollywood has well and truly lost the plot, cast your eyes over this list of forthcoming movies.

Warning: Some of the films listed may induce confusion, anger or nausea.

2011: Clue (remake of the 80's movie based on the Hasbro board game)

2011: Drop Dead Fred (starring Russell Brand)

Oh FUCK OFF

Russell Brand kills any movie he has been in with his 'quirky' humour and essentially plays himself in all of them!

With Clue I have no doubt the movie makers will ignore the effort put into the characters and dialogue of the original but I remain hopeful that something good will come from it.

To counter this, how many of the the great Hollywood films have been remakes or at least based on books? Hollywood has always relied heavily on adaptations. Its not a new phenomenan. Or do we not count books?

And also, don't complain about the Muppets!

To counter this, how many of the the great Hollywood films have been remakes or at least based on books? Hollywood has always relied heavily on adaptations. Its not a new phenomenan. Or do we not count books?

And also, don't complain about the Muppets!

2 of the best films of the 80's The Fly and The Thing were both remakes and so good many ppl don't know or forget that they are.

I watched the trailer for the new Spiderman film the other day. My first reaction was "Bloody hell this is pointless". They are restarting the story all over again. And not in an Interesting way like the Batman "reboot". Atleast with Batman, the old films were a really long time ago. Spiderman three was only what? three years ago?

As for some of the others above, Leathal Weapon 5 and Austin Powers 4 excite me alot!

I watched the trailer for the new Spiderman film the other day. My first reaction was "Bloody hell this is pointless". They are restarting the story all over again. And not in an Interesting way like the Batman "reboot". Atleast with Batman, the old films were a really long time ago. Spiderman three was only what? three years ago?

As for some of the others above, Leathal Weapon 5 and Austin Powers 4 excite me alot!

You should be happy to know that the Batman reboot is already in the works and from what I've read will be out in 2014-15

Don't think that list is much different to one you could have made 5 years ago, they ran out of ideas yonks back

2011: The Thing (remake of the 1982 horror classic)

Can I be the first nerd to point out that's actually a prequel to the 1982 movie which is a remake itself anyway. :p

You should be happy to know that the Batman reboot is already in the works and from what I've read will be out in 2014-15

Seriously? What a reboot of the Nolan films? I am going outside right now to shake my fist at the moon.

Don't think that list is much different to one you could have made 5 years ago, they ran out of ideas yonks back

Can I be the first nerd to point out that's actually a prequel to the 1982 movie which is a remake itself anyway. :p

I've heard the plan is to do a prequel and then a sequel

Speaking of prequels there is an Alien prequel in the works

Seriously? What a reboot of the Nolan films? I am going outside right now to shake my fist at the moon.

Yeah Nolan said The Dark Knight Rises will be his and Bales last so WB said they will do another reboot and they will start work on it as soon as they can and from what I've read they are ready looking for writers-a director and cast

Archived