Imagine a WWE...

Vito

Imagine if the WWE's most popular (active) performers John Cena, Rey Mysterio and Randy Orton were injured in some kind of freak accident and were forced to be off television for, let's say, six months. What do you think the company would/should do the compensate for the loss of the companies biggest stars? Imagine that you're in the unenviable position of having to book six months of television without your top three faces. Would you plead with Undertaker, Triple H or HBK to come back for a few months? Would you push some upper-midcard or midcard acts into the main event? Would you throw money at Jericho or Batista?

What would you do?

What do you think they'd do?

I dunno, I still think they'd get the same numbers, people pay to see the WWE i think more than they pay to see individuals. Sure merchandising would take a hit if Mysterio and Cena went (doubt Orton sells too many of his shit t shirts)

Anyway depending on the time of year I'd have an obvious title tournament cause I'm assuming that Cena/Orton are champs and I'd get rid of the brand split and unify the titles and the winner of said tournament becomes Undisputed Champion. I'd bring Chris Jericho back, say what you want about his validity as a main eventer he'll get a reaction and he has top notch matches whether he's at the top or middle of the card.

I think I'd attempt a new generation type company with smaller guys getting opportunities. I'd have Ziggler, John Morrison and The Miz be the top faces with Alberto Del Rio, Wade Barett and CM Punk the top heels.

...and obviously I'd abuse my power to fire Mason Ryan, David Otunga and the other dregs that populate the WWE Universe.

1. Triple H back in as top face

2. Offer some fat cash to Goldberg to come in for a 6 month run

3. Offer some fat cash to Batista to come back

4. Ask Kevin Nash to work some Monday nights

I'd obviously abuse my powers to fire Sin Cara, Evan Bourne and the other dregs that populate the WWE Universe.

• Paid Members

I think they'd get by just fine, just as they have in the past when unfortunate events have occurred to cause them to lose top stars. I imagine they would look to elevate talent as they have previously. And they'd be wise to, there's a wealth of talent sitting in the mid and upper mid-card positions that if they was forced to give them the ball and creative were forced to come up with ideas for them and not the usual crowd than some would absolutely run with that ball and at least some stars could and would be made.

Certainly build the shows around guys like CM Punk, and then have others like R Truth, Morrison etc to elevate them.

Those are the guys that are already upper-mid card/lower top tier, and so shouldn't take too much development to solidify them.

Guys like Del Rio need rebuilding to show them as bonafide threats.

Bringing someone like Batista or Goldberg in would be great to build them up once again on one show, and have a guy like Mason Ryan run riot on the other show, and then have them face each other in an epic contest at Wrestlemania and have Ryan go over in a passing the torch of sorts.

Main one would be to get Triple H back in. Undertaker as well, if his health is up to it. I'd get Edge to replace Teddy Long as Smackdown GM, and use Edge/Christian as the centrepoint of Smackdown (either as a duo or feuding, with Edge finding a new mate to take on the now-evil Christian). I'd try and get Batista and Jericho back as well, and use Austin as a regular onscreen character, and get Rock and Shawn Michaels to make a few more appearances. And I'd try and get CM Punk to stick around another month or two. I'd probably ask JBL to come back and do a bit, too, but they're alright for heels anyway.

Losing its three top babyfaces all at once, with nobody even anywhere near overtaking them in those slots, WWE would be fairly fucked. Now's not the worst time for it though, as the Money in the Bank could/should propel two new acts tremendously. The only other babyfaces that could conceivably main-event a house show or pay-per-view in a singles match right now are:

Undertaker (if he's up to it)

Triple H

Big Show

Kane (at a stretch)

My SummerSlam card, assuming HHH and Punk sticking around are all I could get (they're probably the easiest) would be:

WWE Champion CM PUNK vs TRIPLE H

World Champion CHRISTIAN vs KANE

SHEAMUS vs WADE BARRETT

JOHN MORRISON vs R-TRUTH

ALEX RILEY vs THE MIZ in a big, fuck-off gimmick match

Tag Champions KOFI KINGSTON and EVAN BOURNE vs RHODES and DIBIASE

DANIEL BRYAN vs ALBERTO DEL RIO

And a divas match.

I think they'd get by just fine, just as they have in the past when unfortunate events have occurred to cause them to lose top stars. I imagine they would look to elevate talent as they have previously. And they'd be wise to, there's a wealth of talent sitting in the mid and upper mid-card positions that if they was forced to give them the ball and creative were forced to come up with ideas for them and not the usual crowd than some would absolutely run with that ball and at least some stars could and would be made.

:thumbsup:

For the future this actually could be a blessing in disguise. WWE when out of their comfort zone are always at their most creative and productive, the lazy booking as of late is due to them being in a comfort zone.

They probably wouldn't flinch too much, maybe if they were ruled out for a year they would. If it happened right now they'd probably talk Punk into a title run and maybe bring back HHH and Taker for a Summerslam program each but apart from that they'd probably just elevate talent. RAW would obviously need a new face but you could quite easily see a turn for Miz and fill that void.

• Paid Members

Some of the ideas so far have been pretty sound, I think PITCOS was probably the best.

I don't think WWE would be hit too hard as far as viewers goes, but I do think they'd need to bring some people in to boost the merchadise sales. I'd see this as an opportunity to achieve 2 things. Pull back some lapsed viewers and create new stars.

Shawn would be my 1st call. He's a tough one though, because assuming you can get him to come out of retirement for 6 months you have to find a way to sell it to the fans so his "favour" doesn't turn him into just another guy who can't stay away. I think I'd have him be straight up. WWE called, they got some top names on the injured list and felt the fans deserved something, someone a little bit special. He could tell them it's purely a 6 month deal and in no way a full time comeback, but he's here for them, the fans. I'd use him in interesting exibition matches, the sort that get you interested without having to have a big back story (not that I wouldn't drop a feud or 2 in too). Anyone fancy Shawn Michaels -vs- Ricky Steamboat?

Someone mentioned Kevin Nash, frankly I was disappointed when his Royal Rumble spot turned out to be a one off, I definately try and get him in for a few months.

Aside from bringing back some old names to try and draw in some lapsed fans, this is a great chance to build up some new stars. Why not slap the belt on HBK or Nash and have one of your midcarders step up and chase it? Or vice verser, slap the title on someone and have you bigger names chase them?

At the moment although it would have some negative effect, witht he stale same old each week booking philosophy of WWE then things will ultimately stay the same or go down hill very fast whether it is Cena Mysterio Orton on top or a triple threat of Khali Henry and Show

My SummerSlam card, assuming HHH and Punk sticking around are all I could get (they're probably the easiest) would be:

WWE Champion CM PUNK vs TRIPLE H

World Champion CHRISTIAN vs KANE

SHEAMUS vs WADE BARRETT

JOHN MORRISON vs R-TRUTH

ALEX RILEY vs THE MIZ in a big, fuck-off gimmick match

Tag Champions KOFI KINGSTON and EVAN BOURNE vs RHODES and DIBIASE

DANIEL BRYAN vs ALBERTO DEL RIO

And a divas match.

I'd say Diesel - Punk and Christian - HHH would be better drawing matches. Given Nash is on a contract with WWE already, it's a no brainer surely?

As much as I'd love to see Nash back in the mix, I think it's a lot simpler than some are suggesting. You simply start from the bottom of the current card and push everyone up a bit. Think of the competent likes of Drew McIntyre, Zach Ryder and Tyson Kidd who are doing next to nothing on Superstars. Push them up the card, slide a disgracefully underused Chris Masters into the mid-card with Bourne, Cara, Slater and Gabriel, then push the likes of Alex Riley, Wade Barrett, Cody Rhodes, Kofi Kingston and Dolph Ziggler even higher. If they got behind those last five stars like they've done in the past they would easily hold the fort for six months.

Where does that leave Superstars, I hear you cry? Well, I think it would be the perfect place to slot Cena, Orton and Mysterio when they come back. Then I no longer have to watch them. Woo woo woo, etc.

It would be the perfect opportunity to revamp the whole show. I'd devote nearly all of the TV time to building the mid carders and semi main eventers with proper characters, and let the crowds natural responses determine who should be the number 1 guys. You already have Sheamus ready to be a top babyface, he's image is marketable for younger audiences and he is unique enough to grab people's attentions. I'm sure if they were given the natural freedom to say what feels right to them and to be more creative in the ring, along with more hooking storylines to go with it, a few members of the roster could be interesting at least. Certain bores on the roster would be given proper characters, to have a chance at making them more interesting. That's what wrestling is all about, I don't see why they don't have the characters. How boring would past mid carders like Val Venis, The Godfather and Goldust (Proper 1995- 1997 Version) be if they didn't have those cool characters? I'd get CM Punk to stick around as well, and try and re-build the tag team division by raiding rosters from all over the world. I would scrap the Divas division, and just keep 2 or 3 of the only decent looking ones for other "eye candy" roles like how they were used before '98.

• Paid Members

Your whole "Wrestling was so much better back before I was watching. ATTITUDE ERA" gimmick is shit, Dillon.

The thought of Diesel and HHH getting big runs has me wishing injury on all three, and I like two of them, and only slightly want to kill Rey Rey.

I like the thought of Masters getting a big push too.

Archived