Women's Wrestling: A Critique

Mr. Seven

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow in a thread that will no doubt feature the shimmer workrate loving lads you're actually the most retarded in here.

If your taking to me its to be expected ive had about 10 concussions in my life so far. Womens wrestling is still shit thou

• Paid Members
its like all sport involving women you dont have to be doing it very long to get to the top.

Holy fucking Christ.

ok maybe sport was the wrong word but i still stand by what i said

You think that in "all sports involving women", the participants don't have to be doing it very long to get to the top?

no since I been involved Ice Hockey all my life made semi pro but never fully pro. But a women who never played before could start training with a pro womens team and play for them with ought much training and its the same in a lot of other sports.But i have met some women who are good two women play for my team both England internationals but also on the womens England team are four players that only started playing in the past yr

Maybe they're just that good?

Besides, how you can say that for all female sports just because you've had a bad experience is pretty odd. I don't imagine the Williams sisters, Martina Navratilova or Steffi Graf would appreciate that sentiment, nor would Dame Kelly Holmes or Cyborg Whatsherface from the UFC.

• Paid Members
I was going to defend it by saying it's more genuine as well, since I assumed people who love the women's wrestling aren't just following what Da Meltz has told them to like. But if Vito's post about the snowflakes is accurate and the SHIMMER type stuff is highly spoken of in The Observer and equivalents, then I can't even say that.

Meltzer doesn't cover SHIMMER; the ***** ratings Vito mentioned as being awarded to womens bouts were all for early-mid 90s AJW stuff.

• Paid Members
Also I would love to see what would happen if you were to tell Saraya she's shite to her face, lol.

I'm glad we'll never get to see what would happen if some of that stuff from your twitter was said in real life.

Again with the personal attacks Ian, you gonna bring up any other stuff I said 3 months ago or you gonna actually, I dunno, debate? Since this is what you attack me over and over again. Now lets try not to ruin another thread.

Do you have an argument to counter my points?

What do you think will happen? She's a professional, being criticised is part of the job. I'm guessing you're trying to suggest she'll chin him, but i'm willing to bet she's a lot bloody smarter than to do that, get arrested etc. I reckon if you told her, she'll take it (because she's a pro) and go out and have the best match she can have (because she's a pro).

You really are a pillock.

Edit - Benny, don't suppose you know any of the matches that received the 5* rating? I wouldn't mind checking a few matches out.

its like all sport involving women you dont have to be doing it very long to get to the top.

Holy fucking Christ.

ok maybe sport was the wrong word but i still stand by what i said

You think that in "all sports involving women", the participants don't have to be doing it very long to get to the top?

no since I been involved Ice Hockey all my life made semi pro but never fully pro. But a women who never played before could start training with a pro womens team and play for them with ought much training and its the same in a lot of other sports.But i have met some women who are good two women play for my team both England internationals but also on the womens England team are four players that only started playing in the past yr

Maybe they're just that good?

Besides, how you can say that for all female sports just because you've had a bad experience is pretty odd. I don't imagine the Williams sisters, Martina Navratilova or Steffi Graf would appreciate that sentiment, nor would Dame Kelly Holmes or Cyborg Whatsherface from the UFC.

for all the top level women sports stars there is some shit look at the Olympics you get your elite athletes then you get the shit that aint been training long. Gb women have a lot like that im sure one of the gold medal womens cyclists changed sports and won gold after bout a yrs training, You dont get stuff like that in male sport

• Paid Members
Benny, don't suppose you know any of the matches that received the 5* rating? I wouldn't mind checking a few matches out.

All Japan Women's Pro-Wrestling

08/15/92 Manami Toyota vs. Toshiyo Yamada

04/02/93 Akira Hokuto vs. Shinobu Kandori

04/02/93 Kyoko Inoue & Takako Inoue vs. Cutie Suzuki & Mayumi Ozaki

04/11/93 Dynamite Kansai & Mayumi Ozaki vs. Manami Toyota & Toshiyo Yamada

12/06/93 Manami Toyota & Toshiyo Yamada vs. Dynamite Kansai & Mayumi Ozaki

08/24/94 Manami Toyota vs. Kyoko Inoue

11/20/94 Aja Kong vs. Manami Toyota

Japan Women's Pro Wrestling

07/31/93 Dynamite Kansai & Cutie Suzuki & Mayumi Ozaki & Hikari Fukuoka vs. Aja Kong & Sakie Hasegawa & Kyoko Inoue & Takako Inoue

As a long time fan of Women's Wrestling I personally find the more "extreme" side of it's fanbase do more damage then good for the the image of Women's Wrestling, [/b]I have watched a number of SHIMMER shows and personally I wouldn't want to be seen dead amongst that crowd[/b] and I sometimes wonder how the company stays in business at all especially with the amount of international talent the promotion uses.

I saw a youtube video on another board that I frequent that was of the Shimmer after show party, and was one of the most cringe inducing things I have witnessed in a long time, where the 'fans' get to hang out and party with the girls. The highlight (or low light) is when they get some of the fans in front of the crowd, get them to remove their shirts/tops and then some of the female wrestlers then chop the fans. Does this sort of stuff go on at ROH or other Indy after show parties? Or is it just because it involves the women? Would the fans who are so eager to do this be as willing and up for it if it was a male wrestler? I doubt it, and it comes across as these people are just happy for a bit of female attention and interaction.

I would say this, as some people have pointed out, people do have a bias to certain things,its the same as enjoying Indy-Style wrestling or Puroresu, which many people on here think are shite . What annoys me is this constant assumption that its a sexual thing, I can't speak for anyone else, but its not the case with me (wonder how much eye rolling that comments gonna get). Where did all this Workrate Pervert Bullshite come from anyway, what is wrong with wanting to watch Wrestlers, you know, wrestle?

Also I think its a bit hypocritical to say all girls are shite at wrestling then go on about how fans of womens wrestling are sexist and give women a pass just cause they are women. I would never say women wrestlers are the greatest in the world but I do think companys like Shimmer are enjoyable.

Also I would love to see what would happen if you were to tell Saraya she's shite to her face, lol.

Well it's a fairly broadly applicable statement that people give female wrestlers a pass for being shit. There can be no case that it's not true, even if it's not true of you. Google around to find many statements of people saying "It's pretty good for a women's match" or someone marking out for the latest popular indie female wrestler and saying that she's "one of the top workers in the world, regardless of sex."

People do have a bias towards different styles of wrestling, but women's wrestling is not a different style, is it? You get women wrestlers doing a Puro style or an Indy style. It's generally a very poor imitation of that style, too. I just don't sit there and go "I prefer this because it's women doing it". I don't care if it is women or men. I can only fit so much wrestling in so I cut out the shittier part of the spectrum and watch the top stuff, which means stuff like SHIMMER goes out the window. Do I want to watch KENTA doing a Puro style or Eden Black? Well, it's obvious. Anyone who'd pick Eden Black must get some joy out of watching a woman do it that must be tied to her sex, as KENTA is a ton better.

Finally, if you want to get personal, if I told Sweet Saraya to her face I thought she was shit, she'd probably not care and move on. But I wouldn't, as I've got some fucking social skills and I don't spend my days driving around to wrestling shows to hassle women wrestlers in my Clio that I fucking wish was a female worker's pussy wagon you fat spastic. And just because she's in a wrestling ring throwing shit forearms doesn't mean a 130 pound, 5'6 woman is tough.

I'd dodge her husband and her knife wielding son, though.

TBH I've never watched Eden Black, so I can't comment on that. Also I have said Womens wrestling isn't the best in the world, If I was given the choice between KENTA and Eden Black it would depend on what I wanted to watch, a womens wrestling match or a pure wrestling match. And your right, being a shit forearm throwing 130 pound, 5'6 women doesn't make you tough, getting back in the ring after losing your knee cap is tough.

And I ain't getting personal, I was saying theres no reason to get personal. And as for your assumptions of my private life, I have been to about 3 shows in the last 6 months, how is chatting with someone on twitter harrasing them, and there are many things a Clio can be, but a pussy wagon sure ain't one of them.

I meant to edit in a link to the Meltzer list but forgot.

This argument is bollocks.

Velvet Sky isn't a particularly great wrestler but if I met her I certainly wouldn't say it to her face. I'd be focused on being nice in the hope that I might get the opportunity to stick my dick between her tits.

Benny, don't suppose you know any of the matches that received the 5* rating? I wouldn't mind checking a few matches out.

All Japan Women's Pro-Wrestling

08/15/92 Manami Toyota vs. Toshiyo Yamada

04/02/93 Akira Hokuto vs. Shinobu Kandori

04/02/93 Kyoko Inoue & Takako Inoue vs. Cutie Suzuki & Mayumi Ozaki

04/11/93 Dynamite Kansai & Mayumi Ozaki vs. Manami Toyota & Toshiyo Yamada

12/06/93 Manami Toyota & Toshiyo Yamada vs. Dynamite Kansai & Mayumi Ozaki

08/24/94 Manami Toyota vs. Kyoko Inoue

11/20/94 Aja Kong vs. Manami Toyota

Japan Women's Pro Wrestling

07/31/93 Dynamite Kansai & Cutie Suzuki & Mayumi Ozaki & Hikari Fukuoka vs. Aja Kong & Sakie Hasegawa & Kyoko Inoue & Takako Inoue

If you are only going to check out one, make it the Akira Hokuto vs Shinobu Kandori match from Dream Slam I.

Well that's the point, isn't it? I was saying that it strikes as a bit odd to go "I'd like to watch some women wrestle", unless you get some distinct pleasure from watching women go at it. It's like going, "I fancy listening to some women's music" or a tennis fan going "Oh, I only watch the women." It's not exactly harmful, but in a thread debating women's wrestling it's worth going over.

Also, you did get bloody personal you soft sod. Saying you would "love" to see the altercation between me and Sweet Saraya if I marched up to her and told her I thought was shit is pretty vindictive, especially with the obvious undertone being that she'd lamp me one.

Finally, you've been watching too much wrestling. If someone loses a knee cap then subjects her body to more punishment in wrestling, then it will actually make her LESS tough and more prone to getting her head kicked in.

Not that I'm planning to, as I don't really have a problem with her as a person, while you claim to be a fan but state you fantasize over her getting stick.

Archived