Tyson Kidd

- Raised in the Harts backyard

- One of the last students of the dungeon

- Toured Japan and Europe prior to WWE

- Former WWE Tag Team Champion

- Has a hot girlfriend (Natalya)

- Great technical wrestler

- Could have a solid match with about anyone

BUT has been stuck on Superstars for ages now.

Yes, he isn't 7 foot, but so wasn't HBK, Eddie, Jericho or Benoit....

What needs to happen before the WWE Universe starts to really "care" and accept Kidd as a "star"?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you honestly think Kidd's lack of height's what's holding him back, you've completely missed what WWE's about.

I was just sayin' that couldn't be an excuse.

This is an open topic. I really wonder how people actually "view" Tyson Kidd in WWE.

• Paid Members
For-Post1.png

Tyson Kidd

- Raised in the Harts backyard

- One of the last students of the dungeon

- Toured Japan and Europe prior to WWE

- Former WWE Tag Team Champion

- Has a hot girlfriend (Natalya)

- Great technical wrestler

- Could have a solid match with about anyone

- Shows a complete lack of character

- Looks like a crap Indy worker

- Has no charisma at all

- Is a black hole on the mic

BUT has been stuck on Superstars for ages now.

Yes, he isn't 7 foot, but so wasn't HBK, Eddie, Jericho or Benoit....

What needs to happen before the WWE Universe starts to really "care" and accept Kidd as a "star"?

Fixed

• Paid Members

I completely disagree with what you're saying.

- He has a ridiculous look, his haircut makes it impossible to take him seriously.

- His ring work is often tedious to watch. He overuses rest holds and really isn't as good as some make out.

- He can't cut a promo, and even if he has a manager his look is so weak it doesn't add much to his act.

Kidd will never be a star, he simply doesn't have the 'it' factor. Even if his ring work is as good as you make out, and I'm mistaken, I honestly think it's nearly impossible in the day and age for a wrestler to get over based on ring work alone. You could argue that Benoit managed it, but he had the additional benefit of looking like an absolute killer (which, ironically, he turned out to be). Rey Mysterio and Sin Cara have the added mistique of a mask, and other than that I'm not sure I can think of anyone who has gotten over recently purely on what they've done in ring.

He'll never be a star, and I wouldn't be disappointed if he wound up released over the next few days.

• Paid Members
I completely disagree with what you're saying.

- He has a ridiculous look, his haircut makes it impossible to take him seriously.

- His ring work is often tedious to watch. He overuses rest holds and really isn't as good as some make out.

- He can't cut a promo, and even if he has a manager his look is so weak it doesn't add much to his act.

Kidd will never be a star, he simply doesn't have the 'it' factor. Even if his ring work is as good as you make out, and I'm mistaken, I honestly think it's nearly impossible in the day and age for a wrestler to get over based on ring work alone. You could argue that Benoit managed it, but he had the additional benefit of looking like an absolute killer (which, ironically, he turned out to be). Rey Mysterio and Sin Cara have the added mistique of a mask, and other than that I'm not sure I can think of anyone who has gotten over recently purely on what they've done in ring.

He'll never be a star, and I wouldn't be disappointed if he wound up released over the next few days.

Pretty much agree. Shelton Benjamin was better in every department and after a few years of being the "High spot guy" his act got boring and he was cut. Tyson Kidd will be on his way soon.

Personally Tyson Kidd is a more of a Wrestler and isnt so much of a entertainer, thats probarly why they are pushing a manager on his to break him out into a future star.

As for the hair cut ok its daft as fuck but you need to be unique in some way to stand out and for Tyson is that hair cut.

As for Size and height look at Cody Rhodes he's tiny and they are or was pushing him like fuck (i aint watched smackdown for bout 4 weeks sorry)

Personally id enjoy banging Natalie Neidhart every night.

If he doesnt do something soon then as mentioned he will be for the cut very soon. Im surprised Harry Smith aint gone yet also

I think he's alright. He's never going to be my favourite wrestler, and he is shit compared to anyone decent, but he's fine as a Lance Storm/Chavo type heel jobber. I don't mind the hair either, it's something for opponents to take the piss out of.

• Paid Members

Are you really not aware of the sheer difference between Tyson Kidd and Cody Rhodes?

HINT: Size is really not the problem.

The dreaded tag team split/feud with Smith scenario shouldn't have happened, Natalya should still be hanging round with them. Turn them heel and give them Anvil as the mouthpiece until and during the time it takes them to develop a true personality before the inevitable split 'again'. Have Jim bring Bret out to help him and have a special attraction tag match between new and old. Hart Dynasty v Hart Foundation. Dynasty have to go over and build them strongly as a frigging TAG TEAM after that feud runs its course.

That being said, I don't think the WWE want proper long term teams so them being built up would be fruitless unless they hired/made proper long term teams. Unlikely. And equally as unfortunate, as much as I love me some Anvil and Bret, in 2011 it wouldn't be too pretty and be nothing more than nostalgic cheap pop for the remaining long term fans. Shame. If the Foundation could give just a small percent of their heyday abilities it could be quite fun.

Tyson has only had one solid match in his entire WWE career. It was against Sin Cara.

He's had about 3 in the last month against Trent Barretta alone.

I dunno, i think i like him better than most folk do. What he's doing right now ain't going to keep him in employment with the WWE for long, but i just get the feeling that if they had the creativity to come up with something for him, he's got something about him that makes me think he could carry it.

I echo the comments about splitting up the tag team. There was no need for that as they were mildly entertaining in that role, and just like Crime Time, it was clear that splitting them up would do no good as neither of them were good enough yet to do anything in singles.

I don't agree that he's devoid of chrisma, I think he's ok as a cocky shit, and that hideous little tuft of hair is fine for a heel.

I suppose if you're being cut-throat about it, if you've been there for 3 or 4 years and you're still doing nothing of note, you can't really expect to be kept on, unless you're Funaki.

Archived