Tyson Kidd

LWOLeN

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think he's alright. He's never going to be my favourite wrestler, and he is shit compared to anyone decent, but he's fine as a Lance Storm/Chavo type heel jobber. I don't mind the hair either, it's something for opponents to take the piss out of.

I saw this thread and was going to post the same thing: that hairdo is one of the few distinguishable features he has. I think it is the perfect hairstyle for an undercard heel (not saying it would work headlining WM) really for that very reason.

As for Kidd himself, I don't mind him. Thought he looked really good early on as a singles guy when he first turned up in ECW with all the 'snappy' offense. Then again IIRC he was feuding with Finlay a guy who also got good matches out of The Great Khali, Vampiro and Boogeyman. On the other hand I seem to remember that his Noble-style squash matches were also decent: he got over a real cocky streak that reminded me of guys like Tully Blanchard which can only be a good thing if you are a heel. Even after him and Smith started teaming I recall him being in some good tag/sixman matches on the C Show where he looked like a future midcard star.

Hart Dynasty was a disappointment. That series they had with Cryme Tyme seemed to go on for a couple of decades. I wouldn't have minded but they didn't really seem to have that much of a reason to feud.

I was interested in the prospect of him getting a singles push on Raw as a Tully Blanchard/Shawn Michaels type 'little guy with a big mouth'. Having Jackson Andrews as his bodyguard seemed like a good move earlier this year but then it just faded into nothing. One thing I will say about him is that he seems decent on the mike. The fact WWE had him present a Slammy alongside Kelly Kelly a while back showed that and I think he has shown far more charisma than Smith has post-split.

Not seen his Superstars work so can't comment on that.

I echo the comments about splitting up the tag team. There was no need for that as they were mildly entertaining in that role

When?

From when they formed until they split up

I think you're confusing them with a different tag team. Unless you typed "mildly" when you meant to type "not" but that would be a bit of a mental typo. The Hart Dynasty were the shit ones who were usually easy to ignore but had a bit of a megapush for a couple of months because of Bret Hart, only for it to fall flat because they were incapable of making even one person give two wanks about them. In fairness to Tyson, though, DH Smith is probably the worst wrestler in WWE history, all things considered, so the Hart Dynasty was never going to be anything other than terrible.

I echo the comments about splitting up the tag team. There was no need for that as they were mildly entertaining in that role

When?

From when they formed until they split up

I think you're confusing them with a different tag team. Unless you typed "mildly" when you meant to type "not" but that would be a bit of a mental typo. The Hart Dynasty were the shit ones who were usually easy to ignore but had a bit of a megapush for a couple of months because of Bret Hart, only for it to fall flat because they were incapable of making even one person give two wanks about them. In fairness to Tyson, though, DH Smith is probably the worst wrestler in WWE history, all things considered, so the Hart Dynasty was never going to be anything other than terrible.

Nope, i'm not confusing them with anyone. That ok with you?

• Paid Members

I found them very entertaining in their early days, when it seemed like things were about to start picking up in the tag division. But after that, they got very stale - mainly because, apart from Natalya, they never really evolved beyond just being potential.

• Paid Members
Whats DH Smith up to these days? Is that cowboy gimmick any better? Or is it like putting Saturn in the nWo on WCW Thunder for the PSOne and only his outfit being different?

Are you implying Saturn is/was as horribly boring as DH Smith there? If you are...have a word with yourself.

Also, everything BigBoot said.

I'd still like him to be giving a shot at the small cocky mid-card guy with the big back-up angle, just with someone else instead of Andrews. I often enjoy that role, Kendrick with Big Zeke was just lovely. In fact, Zeke is a thousand times better in that role (and that garb) than he is in his current one. Had he not already been pushed to wrestler status he'd be a great fit for Tysons muscle.

I can buy that you found them entertaining actually, Carbomb, but I can't imagine anything you could express as what was entertaining about them. Not that you couldn't pick something, I just can't imagine what. Indulge me, please. If I had to pluck reasons, I'd go with:

1. Tyson's hair.

2. The bit when Smith did a delayed suplex and Tyson checked his imaginary watch.

3. They wore pink and it brought nostalgic joy.

4. I'd always wondered what would happen if a team fought Cryme Tyme every week for literally thirty-seven times my dead son's lifespan, without ever providing a remotely interesting reason for even one fight.

5. Natalya nearly had a nip slip once (no idea if this happened, but they were really fucking boring so the barrel needing scraping to get a fifth reason)

I'd still like him to be giving a shot at the small cocky mid-card guy with the big back-up angle, just with someone else instead of Andrews. I often enjoy that role, Kendrick with Big Zeke was just lovely. In fact, Zeke is a thousand times better in that role (and that garb) than he is in his current one. Had he not already been pushed to wrestler status he'd be a great fit for Tysons muscle.

Kendrick was a good thousand times better than Kidd though. I think someone mentioned it above, Kidd could have a go at being a little cocky one like Jamie Noble and always get battered. That sort of character's a great diversion, I always love them. Probably because it reminds me of every fight I've had with bouncers. Crash Holly was fantastic, and Noble was sorely underused after hitting a little bit of gold with that sort of character. I'd have doubts about Tyson pulling it off anywhere near as well, mind, and he probably is better off going down the "little lad with backup" route.

He's got Shelton Benjamin syndrome. More than likely he can do anything asked of him in the ring, but what he does looks exactly that way. Technically efficient but that's about it. He hasn't got a good look, he hasn't got a good 'size' and he can't talk. Wether this manager angle on Superstars is going anywhere, I don't know. My guess would be that its sending him a very obvious message that not even the best talkers in the business can get you over.

Archived