What was your first ever wrestling video ?

wwffan2

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fantastic thread!!

The first load to be released over here were: The best of Hulkamania, The Best of the Ultimate Warrior, High Flyers, Wrestlemanias Greatest Matches and Summerslam '88 (which I always thought was strange as it was a 15 - were the WWF trying to capture the 'cult' market here in the UK rather than the kids?) I remember seeing them advertised on the back of the first sticker album (black cover) and drooling over them wondering what delights awaited within (to a 10 year old in 1990

Fantastic thread!!

The first load to be released over here were: The best of Hulkamania, The Best of the Ultimate Warrior, High Flyers, Wrestlemanias Greatest Matches and Summerslam '88 (which I always thought was strange as it was a 15 - were the WWF trying to capture the 'cult' market here in the UK rather than the kids?) I remember seeing them advertised on the back of the first sticker album (black cover) and drooling over them wondering what delights awaited within (to a 10 year old in 1990

Summerslam '88 (which I always thought was strange as it was a 15 - were the WWF trying to capture the 'cult' market here in the UK rather than the kids?)

No it was because Liz got her fanny out.

I f**king wish!! Although in American terms shedid show her arse. I'd heard it was because of the flasback footage of Beefcake being 'carved' up by Ron Bass.

Summerslam 99,was shopping with the oul fella when I saw it and begged him to get it,must've been 9 or 10 at the time,my favourite match on it was Al Snow vs Boss Man.

First DVD I ever bought was King of the Ring 2000.

515G7NA576L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

The Ringmasters-The Lords Of The Ring was one of the first comercially released videos put out in 1985 by Vestron video and PWI magazine, it was hosted by then publisher of the PWI magazine Bill Apter and the Dean of pro wrestling the late Gordon Solie.This video highlights the best matches of the original NWA from that era featuring stars like the Road Warrirors, Kamala the Ugandan Giant, Magnum T.A., and a classic bout featuring Ric Flair facing the late Kerry Von Erich for the NWA title <which Kerry won>. Also included on this tape was a tribute of one of wrestlings best know familes at the time the Von Erichs, since most of the Von Erich clan had died under unspecified reasons, there was a tribute for them at the Texas Stadium.If you like "old school" wrestling or are just curious as to what the WCW was orginally like before their selling to Ted Turner, then this video is for you!!!

515G7NA576L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

The Ringmasters-The Lords Of The Ring was one of the first comercially released videos put out in 1985 by Vestron video and PWI magazine, it was hosted by then publisher of the PWI magazine Bill Apter and the Dean of pro wrestling the late Gordon Solie.This video highlights the best matches of the original NWA from that era featuring stars like the Road Warrirors, Kamala the Ugandan Giant, Magnum T.A., and a classic bout featuring Ric Flair facing the late Kerry Von Erich for the NWA title <which Kerry won>. Also included on this tape was a tribute of one of wrestlings best know familes at the time the Von Erichs, since most of the Von Erich clan had died under unspecified reasons, there was a tribute for them at the Texas Stadium.If you like "old school" wrestling or are just curious as to what the WCW was orginally like before their selling to Ted Turner, then this video is for you!!!

It was actually THE first video put out. Fab vid - I still have mine (although it may end up on e-bay soon!) and features some great matches / angles. I think even Lawer/Kauffman is on here. I'm surprised they've never done a DVD transfer - I imagine PWI would make a bit of cash out of it. Particular kudos for the Willy and the Hand Jive song at the end!

wwf summerslam 91 - great event perfect/bret, dibiase/virgil and i even have love for nastys/lod

wcw havioc 91 chambers of horrors luger/simmons, austin/dustin and of course the phantom -ravishing rick rude

Halloween Havoc was my second (and first WCW) Wrestling VHS. Bought from John Menzies. I was particularly interested in it as when ITV started showing WCW pro in '91 it was around the time of this event - so I got all the buildup (Missy and Paul E in New York looking for the Chamber of Horrors cage) but never saw the event. Was a bit gutted by the shoddy editing work of the card tho.

As a side note, this thread has taken me back to a time when you could walk into Woolies and there was endless Wrestling videos. It also seemed Silvervision were knocking a new VHS title out every week too.

Archived