What was your first ever wrestling video ?

wwffan2

• Paid Members

First video I watched was WrestleMania VI, borrowed off a mate, followed by lends from his sister's video shop of the 4th 5th and 6th Survivor Series, which was probably where my hard on for all things Bret developed.

First video I owned was the 3rd Survivor Series, featuring the brilliant Hulkamaniacs team mentioned in the Survivors thread, followed by the recently released Royal Rumble 1993.

Wasn't long after seeing that tape that I was hearing the rumours in the Youth Club that the Narcissist had come out of the sky in a helicoptor, powerslammed Yokozuna and pinned him for the WWF title, while wolfing down oversalted chips patiently waiting my go on the Altered Beast coin-op.

For my 11th birthday I bought five tapes - Royal Rumble 91, WrestleMania's Greatest Hits from the "Sovereign Series," WrestleFest 93, Invasion Of The Bodyslammers, and topically enough SummerSlam 88.

I'd heard it was because of the flasback footage of Beefcake being 'carved' up by Ron Bass.

You clearly didn't watch the tape to the end, chief.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't remember for sure what my first video was as I've been a fan from a ridiculously early age. But the first one that I remember owning is Survivor Series 1991. The Undertaker beating Hogan ruined my childhood and has scarred me for life.

• Paid Members

Survivor Series 1988, I got it for Christmas 1991- when they started releasing their previous PPVs on Coliseum video. Brilliant PPV. That was a brilliant Christmas- they showed Batman on TV and I got the following as presents:

185px-Survivor_Series_1988_DVD.jpg

WWF_Hasbro_Ring.jpg

akeem.jpg

bush.JPG

And last but not least:

arsenal.jpg

What a fucking great Christmas.

Wrestlemania 6 & 7 are mines, got them out Macro for quite cheap in 91, I still have Wrestlemania 7 & the box for Wrestlemania 6 (swapped it for a shot of Wrestlemania 4 and never got it back) up the loft.

I had a double video back then and just used to put most of the WWF video's on blank tapes that I got from Global videos.

I used to have that ring was awesome even had the little sound box, I remember one christmas I got a WWF trivia set and Raw is War was on the night before so waking up with that to watch and all me new presents was an awesome christmas.

• Paid Members
UK Rampage 1991 from John Menzies.

Probably at least the first 30 tapes I bought were all from John Menzies until I got my first Mega Mail catalogue.

Noticing my burgeoning interest in wrestling my mum bought me WrestleMania's Greatest Matches.

Featuring matches from WrestleMania I - IV. Mr T and Hogan v Piper and Orndorff, the NFL/WWF Battle Royal, Danny Davis and The Hart Foundation v Tito and The Bulldogs and Honky v Beefcake.

Hardly the most truthful title, but my 9 year old mind didnt care.

First one I bought was Survivor Series 91 because I had been wanting to see Hogan v Undertaker for AGES seeing as the was what got me hooked on wrestling in the first place.

memory is hazy but i think it may have been either a wrestlemania or a survivor series tape. god i used to love going to hmv when i was younger, while my mum and sister (who was only little at the time) would go to the kids section, id hit the wrestling section to check out the latest releases

years ago, when i still had my vcr and played my dvds on my ps2, i would go to the market in st johns precinct where they had a stall selling second hand tapes and dvds and used to buy 1 or two wrestling tapes for about

Archived