Austin Vs Punk could it happen ?

or619

Very interested to see Austin through this season of Tough Enough and also see him in the ring again. Anyone else think that Austin may be thinking of having another run in WWE and if so will we see the All Stars dream match become a reality with Austin Vs Punk ?? Interesting that Austin is the host of the All Stars Raw Monday, could WWE tempt Punk to re-sign with promise of a top line fued with Austin which could culminate in some top draw matches ! Austin has said he'd love to work with Punk via his Twitter if he returned. If this happened I could see this being one of the hottest things in WWE for some time !

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could it happen? Sure. Will it happen? As a fan i'd love it if it did, i just don't see it right now. Punk would need to be built back up for this feud to mean as much as it could, i also don't see Austin signing on for it as it stands right now. If WWE put the time in to pushing Punk as a main event level threat then maybe i could see Austin coming back for it. But as it stands now i just wouldn't look at Punk as a possible winner should the match be made tomorrow.

Get Punk's hair longer (not that he looks bad now, but he looks fantastic with that beautiful long hair) and get his cult a purpose again. The whole 'faith' thing was pulled from someone's rear end. Gosh, just looking back at Luke Gallows and Serena makes me miss the SES and makes me more indifferent to the 7-11, or New NexCoore, or whatever the hell they're calling themselves these days.

The other issue is Punk's credibility. He was powerless against Orton and even loses to Rey Mysterio despite Mason Ryan's help.

That video was tremendous and does indeed make me want to see Punk vs Austin.

Like above, CM Punk is made to lose on PPV so many times does anyone really see him as a threat anymore?

By the same token, though, did anyone ever seem like a threat to Austin back in the day? I think it'd be easy enough to build Punk as enough of a threat to make the match worthwhile. The main point of the match isn't that you see Punk as a world-beater, it's that Austin's putting his black knickers on for the first time in a decade and coming back to shut Punk up. Then you can still build up Punk at the same time, have him mention Austin's injuries and ring rust as well, just cast that little bit of doubt.

• Paid Members
Why would CM Punk fight Austin? Miz is much more entitled.

Punk = Straight Edge

Austin = Anything but.

The feud's one of the most logical for Austin to have with a current WWE superstar.

But Miz as already crossed paths with Austin.

Why wouldn't Austin face Cena or Orton?

Archived