Good Guys In Wrestling

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Has anyone said anything bad about Shane McMahon? Most Wrestlers seem to respect him to some degree.

But I suppose being part of the family, he's probably annoyed someone over the years.

Old misery guts Bret Hart once held him up against a wall in a bar for hitting on his wife.

Thats according to Hart's book

Has anyone said anything bad about Shane McMahon? Most Wrestlers seem to respect him to some degree.

But I suppose being part of the family, he's probably annoyed someone over the years.

Old misery guts Bret Hart once held him up against a wall in a bar for hitting on his wife.

Thats according to Hart's book

Would this be the same Bret Hart who couldn't even get past his front gate without having an affair.

I've read Bret's book but can't remember that.

Hmm, think Shane O-Mac had a lucky escape there. Think i'd prefer Marissa Mazzola over old Julie Hart any day.

If I remember it is just before Wrestlemania 8, on that weekend.

Julie Hart was actually quite hot in her day if you look at the picture of her in Wrestling With Shadows, but by 1997 she certaintly had seen better days.

I could be wrong because we don't really know but Rey Mysterio seems to be well liked and respected.

Also, Edge and Christian seem to always be highly regarded from what I've read or heard from shoot interviews etc..

O.K. in the case of Edge perhaps not Matt Hardy but most people stopped listening to him a long time ago.

Could this thread include some " not so nice" stories? saves opening a new thread. .

What about, instead of ripping, a variation of the theme with people who were good guys to the members personally but don't have a sterling reputation due to events in their private or professional life? Or maybe they have/had a rep for being "difficult", but they were aces towards you.

I'll start it off with Sid Vicious, Steve Austin, Jerry Lawler, Jim Cornette, Davey Boy and Buddy Landel, to pick a handful at random. It's been my experience that, if you don't act like a fanboy around the workers, you get treated with worlds more respect than any other stranger approaching them and starting a conversation. Who, when "off duty" from ANY job wants to spend their supposedly relaxing hours talking about their line of work or being what essentially is interviewed?

Frankly, I can't blame certain workers for being what seems aloof at times, especially if they're totally worn down from an insane travel schedule or been hassled by pushy fans just prior to when approached. It's amazing how many people come up to celebs and say "Do (such and such) for me"--it being greatly imposing or nervy--and then turn around and badmouth the star if he's not down with it.

(Plus some people's reps are based on pure cattiness, jealousy or people trying to get themselves over at the cost of burying someone else.)

Sting is definitely up there, I think it's in Vampiro's shoot interview -he says when he went to WCW it was the famous locker room from hell with all the old boys who were on ridiculous contracts, they'd barely speak to the young guys -except Sting who was a complete pro and always up for giving advice.

Vampiro hates Sting. Completely the opposite to what you said actually. He says he's says he thinks he's above everyone in the locker room. Vampiro blames the Stinger for stopping his push because "the gimmicks were to similar". Cant please everyone I suppose. From what I remember at the time, Sting seemed to be one of the worst offenders in the WCW locker room. He didnt seem to give a toss back in 2000. Worse that what he is now.

Kanyon's shoot interview was a good insight into the Undertaker. DDP supposedly had a Palm Pilot that he jotted all his matches out on, and it rubbed Undertaker up the wrong way. So when DDP was in the ring once, DDP fucked a move up and he turned to Kanyon and said "I wonder if he wrote that down in his Palm Pilot". I'd imagine DDP isnt to keen on him. RVD doesnt seem to pally with him. People talk in riddles when it looks like they are slagging him off in shoot interviews. There's a mix of people who throw hints out like they dont like him but cant say (unless its London who doesnt seem to care). The likes of Matt Hardy who might need the work in the future.

Too Cold Scorpio mentions an incident in his shoot, about Sting getting pissy because Scorp had scorpions on his tights

Has Bobby Eaton alrady been mentioned?

And I've only heard funny memories of Mr Fuji in interviews

• Paid Members

My favourite ever rib story was Mr. Fuji was travelling with a new wrestler into the territory, and they needed to be at a building a few miles from the venue, but the new wrestler didnt know the area so had to reply on Fuji for instructions. So Fuji gave him directions and it took them 10 hours to get there. When they had to drive back at the end of the night, Fuji drove, said he knew a short cut and they were there in about 15 minutes. So Fuji essentially ribbed himself being in a car for 10 hours because he was so dedicated on getting one over on this bloke. You cant help but admire the lengths he'd go in the name of comedy.

Ended up in a pub with Sheamus and Drew Galloway after an indie show in Dublin a few years back,was before they were ''famous'' I spose,but they both came across as top lads,the attention Galloway was getting off practically every bird in the pub was ridiculous,I can only imagine what it's like now in the states,the bastard!

Have met Cena,Foley,Angle,Trish and Torrie Wilson at various signings over the years aswell and they all seemed nice enough,except for Torrie Wilson who refused to pose for photos and just sat there looking sulky.

Fit Finlay and Dynamite Kid were sound as when I met them when I was 9 or so. Tony St. Clair is possibly the biggest gent of all time as well.

Yeah, Tony St. Clair is cool.

My favourite ever rib story was Mr. Fuji was travelling with a new wrestler into the territory, and they needed to be at a building a few miles from the venue, but the new wrestler didnt know the area so had to reply on Fuji for instructions. So Fuji gave him directions and it took them 10 hours to get there. When they had to drive back at the end of the night, Fuji drove, said he knew a short cut and they were there in about 15 minutes. So Fuji essentially ribbed himself being in a car for 10 hours because he was so dedicated on getting one over on this bloke. You cant help but admire the lengths he'd go in the name of comedy.

That is a brilliant story :laugh:

Archived