wcw 1992

wwffan2

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Can't whack it for me. Loved that era in WCW. All you have to do is look at the roster they had. Sting, Vader (at his best back then), Rude, Steamboat, The Steiner, Windham & Rhodes, Cactus Jack, The Barbarian, and the Dangerous Alliance with Steve Austin and the fuckin excellent/often forgotten team of Arn Anderson & Bobby Eaton.

Add to that the best War Games match ever and the awesomeness of Jesse the Body and Big Tony calling the action and you can't go wrong.

Yeah i think wcw 92 is very underated. Amazing talent roster. What held it back for me is that its production looked drab and it wasnt as 'sparkly' as wwf was at the time. It looked poorer than wwf at the tine despite a superior talent roster. Remember seeing the frankensteiner for the first time & was gobsmacked. U didnt get those moves in wwf then!

WCW in 1992 is when I first started to get interest in wrestling watching Worldwide on central on Saturday afternoons before the afternoon football matches kicked off. I have never enjoyed any time in Wrestling as much and I guess I never will. All the names mentioned above and the Williams & Gordy tag team, the Pillman and Liger matches, 2 cold Scorpio, the NWA title tournaments and my personal favourite Nikita Kolof.

My favourite memory is the recap they did on the house show of Jake Roberts debuting with his Sting beat down and Ron Simmons taking his place to win the world title. That must have been a great house show to have been at.

I also have distant memories of one world wide show which ended up in a big fight in the locker rooms between everyone as the show went off the air. Can't remember at all who it was between but it seemed amazing at the time to the 15 year old me.

• Paid Members

1992 was incredible for WcW. There were some awesome light heavyweight matches between various combinations of Flyin Brian, Liger, the massively underrated Brad Armstrong, the slightly underrated Johnny B Badd, the practically forgotten Scotty Flamingo (hey, whatever happened to him?) and the obvious feuds of Rude v Steamboat and Sting v Vader will come up time and time again. You also had some goodness from the MVC, and personally I liked a bit of Z-Man.

The only thing WcW lacked in 1992 was Ric Flair, but if another IV Horsemen incarnation would have meant missing out on the Dangerous Alliance.... fuck Ric Flair. In fact, it would have meant missing out on that War Games, so fuck the Horsemen.

Remember seeing the frankensteiner for the first time & was gobsmacked. U didnt get those moves in wwf then!

The Rockers both did the odd frankensteiner. Not as good, admittedly, but they did.

• Paid Members
I also have distant memories of one world wide show which ended up in a big fight in the locker rooms between everyone as the show went off the air. Can't remember at all who it was between but it seemed amazing at the time to the 15 year old me.

I think it's Rude and Koloff. I know the next week Bill Watts announced they'd both been fined, and also fined Terry Taylor who was simply in the locker room minding his own business at the time, which seemed a little unfair.

The only thing WcW lacked in 1992 was Ric Flair, but if another IV Horsemen incarnation would have meant missing out on the Dangerous Alliance.... fuck Ric Flair. In fact, it would have meant missing out on that War Games, so fuck the Horsemen.

Yes! We did by for Worldwide but fuck me War Games was the best blow off to the greatest angle in history.

Archived