wcw 1992

wwffan2

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Enjoy Pillman v Z-Man and the indomitable mountain of goodness that is War Games. Then stick with 1992 WcW because Beach Blast 92 is one of the best shows ever.

Enjoy Pillman v Z-Man and the indomitable mountain of goodness that is War Games. Then stick with 1992 WcW because Beach Blast 92 is one of the best shows ever.

A bunch of us at near-ringside certainly enjoyed the view of Madusa in a skirt climbing to the top of the cage! LMAO (Think about it)

On a more serious note, I remember many people--myself included--thinking the Steiners were really being punks for working so stiff on Iizuka...which you can be certain they wouldn't have tried on Fujinami. Also recall seeing Zenk returning from who-knows-where fairly late, in the hotel lobby, moving very quickly....and zig-zagging all over the place. HA

Does anyone know why he got such a trouncing off the Steiners? I like to think it's because he was wearing the world's campest trunks.

Doesn't one of Scotty's spots go a bit pear-shaped? I think it might be that wacky backflip slam he used to do. Iizuka lands awkwardly (although somehow I don't even remember it being all his fault) and the boys get pissy. Fujinami doesn't care, since Iizuka is the designated jobber in the match and Japanese guys tend not to care about young boys getting hammered, especially by NJPW superstars like the Steiners.

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

thanks to youtube I've been making my way through 1992 with Saturday Nights and PPV, just started April and Saturday Night has gone all mental into prime time wrestling style thing.

Superbrawl II is a lush show and I fucking love EZ'E's WCW Magazine segments. The Dangerous Alliance is also a thing of beauty. Great to see the PPV's with the angles that lead to them in place.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtRH8s-XyvQ...der&list=UL

New Saturday Night format, Jesse Ventura, Bischoff and JR ripping it up. totally worth it for Jess calling Bischoff "Cy Spurling".

Jesse's WCW run is really never mentioned.

Fujinami lands awkwardly, Iizuka gets hit with a perfect one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4kjW3zLkQg...feature=related - from 4:20

That is such an awesome move too, it's a shame he did it so seldom, although perhaps that is due to the time he hit it on Sid Vicious at Clash of the Champions IX and allegedly punctured his lung.

I loved WCW in 1992, and indeed three of my all time favourite matches happened during this period - Wargames 1992, the often forgotten (although someone mentioned further up the thread) Pillman vs Zenk from Wrestlewar and Rude vs Steamboat from Bash at the Beach (in my opinion, only slightly better than their match at Superbrawl II because it had a better finish).

The Watts era was good and bad. I think during that period, things were very logical and simple, which largely made for good TV, the rise of Vader was great to see (although it is almost forgotten that he got injured around August, which was part of the reason he lost the belt to Simmons and slipped to the background) and the Sting vs Roberts feud could have been amazing if Roberts had his heart in it. On the negative side, although I can understand why he did it, banning moves from the top rope was the wrong thing to do, also pushing Williams and Gordy so hard was a mistake I feel, although they were awesome, they just didn't seem to be doing what the WCW fanbase wanted at the time. The other sad thing about that period is that the Steiners left just as it looked like Scott was about to get a bit of a singles push. I think there was potential there.

Archived