UFC on Versus #4: 'Kongo vs Barry' Discussion Thread

wandshogun09

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
f'n hell, Lauzon does it again! i noticed the ref was very hesitant to step in when them strikes were landing, he didnt wanna fuck up again :)

I dunno the ref should of stopped the fight on the strikes he wasnt defending himself for a few seconds

• Paid Members

it was the same ref. from the Oliveira fight though, he wasn't taking no chances haha.

and what the hell has happened to Joe Stevenson?

that was one of the worst and most annoying performances ive seen in ages. The things that annoyed me...the mean look on his face coming in (i hated him smiling coming into the Sotirpulous fight too, only to go on and be schooled), signalling for a the ref to stand them up, smirking like Vazquez wasnt hurting him on the floor (fucking get up then you cunt!), smiling everytime Vazquez hit him, bobbing and weaving without actually throwing strikes. Just irked me from the start. He's gotta be cut, i dunno what's happened to the guy but he just doesn't seem to have it in him anymore.

Just seen a couple of tweets saying that Dana said this on the Versus pre show - 'Marquardt has to man up and tell the world why he couldn't fight.' Interesting.

Marquardt himself has just tweeted - 'I will personally be addressing all issues regarding my medicals, etc this Tuesday.'

• Paid Members
Wow, Stevenson seemed like he couldn't be arsed in there. Maybe he had a bad weight cut and was drained, but even so, he didn't fight like a guy coming off 3 straight losses. Guess that's it for Daddy.

has to be...thing is, as it was his 145 debut a loss in a great fight/great performance might have given him a slight chance of getting 1 last chance but he has to go after that, horrible performance. Old before his time.

Just seen a couple of tweets saying that Dana said this on the Versus pre show - 'Marquardt has to man up and tell the world why he couldn't fight.' Interesting.

Marquardt himself has just tweeted - 'I will personally be addressing all issues regarding my medicals, etc this Tuesday.'

oooooooooooooh.

I've been watching the Vs pre-fight show that Dana was on, he said (not word for word):

"I think the fans know the real story, the commission has to say it was medical failure thats the way it is here. All I can say is I'm disgusted with Nate, he won't fight in the UFC again. Heres hoping he can be man enough to tell the fans the real story, its one thing to act nice and friendly but when you do what he did, there isn't any excuse for it. For me to say that he won't fight in UFC again lets you know its serious and the blame falls entirely on himself and his decisions."

Thats pretty much the jist of it.

can anyone confirm this.

I heard that the UFC was bringing in some kind of rule that after the weight in's the fighter is only allowed to regain 13 pounds at the most which means the fighters will have to maintain there weight instead of a drastic cut

• Paid Members
I've been watching the Vs pre-fight show that Dana was on, he said (not word for word):

"I think the fans know the real story, the commission has to say it was medical failure thats the way it is here. All I can say is I'm disgusted with Nate, he won't fight in the UFC again. Heres hoping he can be man enough to tell the fans the real story, its one thing to act nice and friendly but when you do what he did, there isn't any excuse for it. For me to say that he won't fight in UFC again lets you know its serious and the blame falls entirely on himself and his decisions."

wow, i need to know!

wow, i need to know!

With him saying "I think the fans know the real story", most people I've read have said roids. It just seems weird to me because I thought roids helped bulk up, I reckon it's painkillers, but not sure now.

Archived