UFC on Versus #4: 'Kongo vs Barry' Discussion Thread

wandshogun09

• Paid Members

yeh the first few prelims were the best. I enjoyed Griffin/Manvil though, decent little battle. Very evenly matched in the clinch, a constant battle for superiority. I probably had it 29-28 for Tyson same as two judges.

Christian Morecraft immediately gets bonus points for coming out to Cowboys From Hell.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Mitrone rolls on! he's got some serious power in his hands. I think hes gonna come unstuck against a wrestler but hes been getting some favourable fights, fan friendly too.

anyone notice that Morecraft was wearing Punishment Athletic gear? maybe that's why it was so heated at the beginning? Morecraft was trying to do Tito Ortiz' dirty work for me.

...or i wonder if Ortiz only sponsored Morecraft after the Mitrione thing.

Matt Mitrione vs Christian Morecraft

This is a pretty evenly matched fight on paper. Meathead's had some good performances, especially the win over Joey Beltran. I actually like Morecraft in this fight though. He's bigger, younger, slightly more experienced, more well rounded imo. His only loss is Stefan Struve and he was giving Struve a rough night before he got KO'd. He probably has the advantage on the ground and I think he'll exploit that.

Morecraft Decision

:duh:

Mitrione all the way

:thumbsup:

I think Mitrione is smart enough to know that he needs to work on ground skills to be competitive with JDS, Cain, Mir and Lesnar, the elite are heavy wrestlers or BJJ guys. Very good performance by Meathead, I'd like to see him move up a little now. Also, on a roll with my predictions, this is the 4th one I've got winner, time, and method all correct. :D

• Paid Members

what a performance by Charlie Brenneman! a great example of seizing an opportunity. You have to ask if it was worth Rick Story taking the fight, he doesn't seem like the guy who'd ever turn down a fight and at such late notice he probably just wanted to fight, but it was a real no-win situation for him and all the hard work he did in the Alves fight is down the shitter.

As for Brenneman, i mentioned i bet he was gutted that his original fight was cancelled...turns out it was probably the best thing that ever happened to him.

• Paid Members

HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!

what a finish, that was quite possibly the most insane finish in MMA ever. I was actually shouting for Miragliotta to end it after Barry kept dropping him, he's been known to jump in early but i thought he was totally justified to jump in, Kongo was surviving on pure instict and to o that with a guy that hits like Pat Barry is very dangerous. The last time Kongo got up i actually thought he was gonna get laid out bad, but what happens?! he lands most insane right hook of death and KO's Barry. Pat Barry looked dead, eyes wide open...scary stuff.

Unfuckingbelievable.

Archived