Someone leaving TNA

Ross

At this stage in his career, Foley should be a backstage promo teacher for the new lads or something. He has a lot of knowledge about the business, knows how to get over on what you've got, and how to push yourself further.

Regardless of what I think of him personally in recent years, I know he has a lot to pass on to today's talent.

Do I want him as an on-screen talent? Not really. Sure, he'll do the occasional good promo, but other than that he's pretty pointless.

But there's definitely room for him in the business somewhere, and I hope he utilises it properly. Even if I do have to take him as an on-screen talent, if he can up his game to pull others up around him then it has to be good.It just depends if he has any credibility left to make any feud worthwhile for the opponent.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm with Cleetus. The last time I was interested in anything Foley did was when he started commentating on Smackdown. In TNA, he's contributed nothing worthwhile, and I actually think his presence as an authority figure has been more of a detriment than anything, especially in the last few weeks. It's not 2000 anymore - he could get away with his lumberjack shirts and sweat pants as Lovable Commissioner Foley because he had only just finished making Triple H a star, and you knew a great skit with Edge and Christian was just around the corner at any given point. Now, he's just a fat scruffy slob who looks like he can't even make the effort to change into a clean pair of pants for a 5-minute segment to try and convince fans that someone has trusted him to be the figurehead of their organisation.

With the WWE bringing back managers for guys with shit promos, my moneys on him coming back and managing someone and being their mouth piece.

Although Foley's usefulness and popularity are diminishing all the time I can see the wwe being all over him.

• Paid Members

The Bisch made that lump of wood sing like a Yukon Bear trapper on his annual visit to the brothel. One of the best openings to a show in the history of any form of entertainment. The lights were down the gee-tarr was out, Bischoff had his head looking up to the clouds above, thinking of the time DDP let him have a go on his wife. Not only a talented man, but the coolest man over 50 on TV.

A couple of tweets from Mick:

-I am getting the sneaking suspicion that many of you would like to see me come back to @wwe

-Wow, I'm overwhelmed by the responses. But it looks like a toss-up - 90% WWE, 5% Impact, 3% just want me to be happy, 2% try nude modelling!

-Yeah, @itisbrandon that first screeching of the tires on a @wwe show (when and IF it happens) is likely to get a nice reaction.

I used to be such a huge fan of his. Shame really.

• Paid Members
Lets also not forget opening the show with him playing guitar.

I won't. It was one of my favourite cold opens to a Wrestling show in forever.

Same here. I thought it was an awesome bit of work. Even without the context afterwards (i.e. that he can play guitar and Jarrett couldn't despite claiming to be a country star), the performance itself was magnificent.

EDIT: Also, back on-topic, I think Foley should become a manager. He could easily be our generation's Captain Lou.

Archived