Someone leaving TNA

Ross

Mr Foley is on his way out apparently - it's on F4W/WO and a few other sites.

I think its a bit of a shame personally. Big Mick's my all-time favourite and I'm also more of a TNA (I know) fan than I am WWE (rumour has it that's where he may be headed).

Thoughts?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

No loss at all. Hasn't done anything worthwhile in his three years there, and has somehow managed to escape criticism while Hogan and Bischoff, and even Nash (who dragged Foley to his best match there), Sting, and Steiner have all had the "past it" and "waste of money" lines thrown at them during Foley's run in the company.

Good riddance. Now he can go back to stalking Melina, and writing self-sucking off books about how many pairs of old socks he's donated to Barnardo's, miserable cunt.

No loss at all. Hasn't done anything worthwhile in his three years there, and has somehow managed to escape criticism while Hogan and Bischoff, and even Nash (who dragged Foley to his best match there), Sting, and Steiner have all had the "past it" and "waste of money" lines thrown at them during Foley's run in the company.

Good riddance. Now he can go back to stalking Melina, and writing self-sucking off books about how many pairs of old socks he's donated to Barnardo's, miserable cunt.

I think its more of a loss than Hogan or Bischoff, he hasn't actually harmed TNA (but my views on this matter are well known), but he hasn't done much good for it either.

I think Foley wasn't any use as an in ring competitor, nor should he have got a TNA title run. I think your forgetting, Foley is given respect from smarks for a number of reasons.

1- He wasn't involved in WCW going belly up like the guys you've listed there (admittedly his title win was the turning point in the Monday Night War)

2- He was a hero in ECW

3- His feuds with The Rock, HHH, Edge and Randy Orton gave them the spark to take them to the highest level.

4- He's an overweight Slob who became one of the Stars of the Biggest companies in the Attitude Era

Also he wrote a book whilst in TNA didn't he.

• Paid Members
1- He wasn't involved in WCW going belly up like the guys you've listed there (admittedly his title win was the turning point in the Monday Night War)

2- He was a hero in ECW

3- His feuds with The Rock, HHH, Edge and Randy Orton gave them the spark to take them to the highest level.

4- He's an overweight Slob who became one of the Stars of the Biggest companies in the Attitude Era

1. So, because he wasn't in a company that went out of business 10 years ago, he should somehow escape criticism now?. I'm not sure what you're getting at.

2. So was The Blue Meanie.

3 and 4. Undoubtedly. How long ago was all that?.

2- He was a hero in ECW

1. So, because he wasn't in a company that went out of business 10 years ago, he should somehow escape criticism now?. I'm not sure what you're getting at.

2. So was The Blue Meanie.

3 and 4. Undoubtedly. How long ago was all that?.

I ain't saying that its right , I'm say the reason he doesn't get criticized compared to others who are as past it as he is. Personally I think his best days are behind him and he doesn't have a place in the ring, as an authority figure like he was for the last few weeks , I think he was alright however TNA has enough of those as it is, or maybe as colour (you can't deny he's very good on the mic and he'd be better than Taz)

• Moderators
I think its more of a loss than Hogan or Bischoff

Not a sniff. Bischoff has done fantastic things as regards TV production there, and Hogan's been far more fun a character than Foley. All Foley has done is completely dogged it in matches, but some god awful promos and been a general waste of space. He doesn't seem to have fitted in well at any real juncture, and he should go back to WWE where he does.

• Paid Members
and has somehow managed to escape criticism

Eh? Foley's popularity is at its lowest in decades. Over the last few years, any threads involving him have been really negative.

Thats understandable though. He still seems likeable to me when interviewed and does a lot for the RAINN charity, but when he gets stroppy and posts essays at Meltzer or just cries at criticism on Twitter he looks like a complete retard.

Apart from an okay match with Flair, he did fuck all in TNA too and generally just pissed about. But that is primarily TNA's fault for allowing it.

If he's getting in shape (well dropping some weight) and doing a few fueds/big matches in WWE I'd be interested, but if its just another authority figure, I dont care.

I think its more of a loss than Hogan or Bischoff

Not a sniff. Bischoff has done fantastic things as regards TV production there, and Hogan's been far more fun a character than Foley. All Foley has done is completely dogged it in matches, but some god awful promos and been a general waste of space. He doesn't seem to have fitted in well at any real juncture, and he should go back to WWE where he does.

Fantastic things? maybe one... he improved backstage filming. It was less spinny cameras and seemed more real. Other than that he's done next to nothing. The new set is a nice change, but hardly ground breaking. We still have shitty entrance videos, terrible music, and those really shitty green lasers that even ROH only used for about 6 shows before deciding they looked the shits.

For every good thing he's done, there's a dozen stare downs with wrestlers where he doesn't act intimidated. Lets also not forget opening the show with him playing guitar. His ridiculous rants on twitter and facebook that alienate a good portion of the people who actually read them. The guy's a grade A dick in TNA, and not in a heel way. I love Bisch, think he's a decent enough guy and pretty smart. His appearances on the Legends of the Ring roundtables for WWE were some of my favourites, but in TNA he's done nothing to justify whatever pay check he's on. He's done more ego stroking than anyone else they've signed.

Hogan has been putrid too. It's good to have him there, or was, but the heel turn was obvious and got no reaction. Then we've got storylines that feature him where he has to keep vanishing for 'meetings' cause the guy can't walk and needs surgery, and when he comes back he just throws random shit together in a 'promo' insulting countries and basically not saying anything of worth. He could have brought a lot of awareness to the company, instead he brought a bunch of fans who wanted to see what was happening and now just see Hogan and Bisch taking the piss.

Archived