UFC 132:Cruz vs Faber II Discussion Thread

David

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Overall I really enjoyed what was a blinding PPV from UFC as all the fights were brilliant, not sure about Sivers win but I think Cruz won his fight. Chris Leben left me in open mouthed amazement at the way he smashed through Waderlei!

Chris Leben left me in open mouthed amazement at the way he smashed through Waderlei!

It was a good win for Leben, but lets keep it in perspective here. Wanderlei came rushing in, caught Leben with a few good shots and Leben swung wildly and caught Wanderlei behind the ear, which led to him throwing some decent shots to put him away.

He didn't "smash his way" through Wanderlei.

Chris Leben left me in open mouthed amazement at the way he smashed through Waderlei!

It was a good win for Leben, but lets keep it in perspective here. Wanderlei came rushing in, caught Leben with a few good shots and Leben swung wildly and caught Wanderlei behind the ear, which led to him throwing some decent shots to put him away.

I don't care what perspective you look at it from, brutally KOing someone in 27 seconds is smashing through someone.

I don't care what perspective you look at it from, brutally KOing someone in 27 seconds is smashing through someone.

Agreed.

• Paid Members

Some reactions from MMA figures on Tito's win

Ultimat Fighter 14 Coach MICHAEL BISPING

"I didn't see the fight. I missed it. Fantastic though. Good for him. Tito always has a chance in every fight. I'm not surprised he won by submission."

Welterweight contender DIEGO SANCHEZ

"I bet $100 on him. I'm not a big time gambler but I saw him when I walked in. We talked. He had that focus and I knew if he was going to lose that fight it was either he was on his way out the door or he was out the door. So, I knew he was going to win it."

Top UFC Light Heavyweight Prospect PHIL DAVIS

"He needed it. It was awesome. I loved it. I like Bader, never good to see him lose. Solid win for Tito."

Bellator Welterweight JAY HEIRON

"I always root for the older guy, you know what I mean? The underdog. Good for him. You train hard and good things happen. People are always saying you're washed up and your career is over, for him to go out and prove those people wrong -- God bless him."

UFC Middleweight contender MARK MUNOZ

"Dude, I stood up and started screaming. I've been pulling for Tito for a long time. When his back is against the wall he fights his best. He's a born fighter. He's the one who held the UFC on his shoulders for a long time. He deserves it."

Top MMA Coach SHAWN TOMPKINS

"It's awesome, man. Tito is a big reason a lot of us got in the sport. He came out aggressive and didn't question himself. Tito moments for me will always be of back in the day, but I'm real happy for him."

Last Ever WEC Lightweight Champion ANTHONY PETTIS

"It was awesome. It was like old days, being back at home in high school watching the UFC for the first time. I didn't count him out. I think Tito on any given day is dangerous, it just depends on which Tito shows up. He doesn't want to lose his job and he did what he had to do."

Pay, bonuses, supsensions etc;

UFC 132 Salaries:

Dominick Cruz: $40,000 (includes $20,000 win bonus)

def. Urijah Faber: $32,000

Chris Leben: $92,000 ($46,000 win bonus)

def. Wanderlei Silva: $200,000

Dennis Siver: $50,000 ($25,000 win bonus)

def. Matt Wiman: $18,000

Tito Ortiz: $450,000 (no win bonus)

def. Ryan Bader: $20,000

Carlos Condit: $68,000 ($34,000 win bonus)

def. Dong Hyun Kim: $41,000

Melvin Guillard: $64,000 ($32,000 win bonus)

def. Shane Roller: $21,000

Rafael Dos Anjos: $28,000 ($14,000 win bonus)

def. George Sotiropoulos: $15,000

Brian Bowles: $34,000 ($17,000 win bonus)

def. Takeya Mizugaki: $12,000

Aaron Simpson: $34,000 ($17,000 win bonus)

def. Brad Tavares: $10,000

Anthony Njokuani: $16,000 ($8,000 win bonus)

def. Andre Winner: $14,000

Jeff Hougland: $12,000 ($6,000 win bonus)

def. Donny Walker: $6,000

Now, the usual disclaimer: The figures do not include deductions for items such as insurance, licenses and taxes. Additionally, the figures do not include money paid by sponsors, which can oftentimes be a substantial portion of a fighter's income. They also do not include any other "locker room" or special bonuses the UFC oftentimes pays. They also do not include portions of the pay-per-view revenue that some top-level fighters receive.

UFC 132 bonuses:

- Fight of the Night: Dominick Cruz vs. Urijah Faber

- Knockout of the Night: Chris Leben

- Submission of the Night: Tito Ortiz

Each fighter earned $75,000

UFC 132 medical suspensions:

No details of suspensions have been released yet, they will be updated here when released.

UFC 132 Gate Sales:

Saturday's UFC 132 event drew an announced attendance of 12,947 and a live gate of $2.3 million.

UFC president Dana White announced the figures in the night's post-event press conference.

UFC 132 took place at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas and featured the first-ever UFC bantamweight title fight with champ Dominick Cruz earning a unanimous-decision win over Urijah Faber in the pay-per-view headliner.

The Nevada State Athletic Commission will verify the figures and release an official tally early next week.

The figures fell well short of the MGM Grand Garden Arena's top-five UFC attendance and live-gate figures. The numbers also lagged behind the UFC's previous Fourth of July weekend event, which also took place at the MGM Grand. That show, UFC 116, featured a Brock Lesnar vs. Shane Carwin heavyweight title fight and drew 12,740 attendees for a $4,053,990 live gate.

However, compared to the UFC's other MGM Grand events in 2011

• Paid Members

only just got to see the show cause i was away all weekend, i'll post some shit tomorrow but as for Tito Ortiz, had to love that. People always love or hate Ortiz, but it's the kind of hate that you still wanna see, i think cause Tito was definately on his last legs everyone kind of rallied behind him here, and it's awesome to see MMA fighters come out and praise what he did. Ortiz is a legend of the sport and it definately would not be where it is if it wasn't for him. On paper i probably would have given Ortiz the least chance against Bader than he had against any of his last couple of opponents but he pulled it off. It's difficult to know where he stands now cause he caught Bader early and finished but that win has probably earned him 3 more fights in the UFC. I f'n loved it.

only just got to see the show cause i was away all weekend, i'll post some shit tomorrow but as for Tito Ortiz, had to love that. People always love or hate Ortiz, but it's the kind of hate that you still wanna see, i think cause Tito was definately on his last legs everyone kind of rallied behind him here, and it's awesome to see MMA fighters come out and praise what he did. Ortiz is a legend of the sport and it definately would not be where it is if it wasn't for him. On paper i probably would have given Ortiz the least chance against Bader than he had against any of his last couple of opponents but he pulled it off. It's difficult to know where he stands now cause he caught Bader early and finished but that win has probably earned him 3 more fights in the UFC. I f'n loved it.

Well he has 2 fights remaining on his very large contract (was paid $450k for this fight) and I don't see Dana offering him another large contract for where he is in his career, so I think it'd depend on if Tito would take a wage-cut.

^^^

The $450k he got was actually a wage cut according to Tito at the conference. With a win over Bader, surely Dana will match that for now.

Yeah and he said in an interview with Ariel that if he won the fight he was hoping to get his old contract back.

• Paid Members
^^^

The $450k he got was actually a wage cut according to Tito at the conference. With a win over Bader, surely Dana will match that for now.

Yeah and he said in an interview with Ariel that if he won the fight he was hoping to get his old contract back.

Anyone know what the 'old contract' was?

Nice cheddar.

Archived