UFC 132:Cruz vs Faber II Discussion Thread

David

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
What the fuck just happened with wanderlei. WOW

He got punched in the face allot fell asleep, then woke up and tried to put the ref in his guard.

Well happy Tito won never expected him to beat Bader.

Fantastic show from top to bottom.

Cruz/Faber III is much needed, not necessarily next but somewhere down the line. How Sal D'Amato gave every single round to Cruz is a joke though.

I really hate seeing Wand get KO'ed like that, I hope he doesn't hang around much longer - for his sake and health.

I'm really looking forward to some sleep now.

• Paid Members
I can't stress how happy I am watcing Faber get fucked for five rounds.

Are you Sal D'Amato? no way did Faber get fucked for five rounds.

• Paid Members

leben.gif

Gutted. Absolutely fucking gutted but when you throw down with Chris Leben thats the risk you run.

Dana's calling for Wand to retire. I wouldn't argue against that as sad as it is to admit. But at the same time I genuinely do think Wand has a few good fights left in him. He got KO'd by Leben, a lot of people do. But I think he should be given another shot. Ending the guy's career off the back of a fight where he got caught early and was coming off an 18 month layoff seems a tad harsh to me.

I'd say give him one more chance. If he decides to hang em up though I would be happy to see that too. He has fuck all to prove and I really dont wanna see him knocked out again.

• Paid Members

Enjoyed the show a lot, well apart from the way Wand/Leben went down :(

Cruz/Faber was the close 5 round battle we were all expecting. Real good fight. Gotta agree though theres no way Cruz won every round, thats ridiculous. Thought it was a very close fight but Cruz seemed to finish stronger and edged it late.

Tito/Bader was the shocker of the night for me. Never saw Tito winning let alone by first round submission :omg: Glad Tito won. I'm not really a fan but its good to have him around and I'd rather him in the UFC than out of it. What a reversal of fortune for Bader too, he was right up there at 205 and now he's a Jardine.

Siver/Wiman was a weird one. I did feel like Wiman won but I can see how they gave it to Siver. You could give Siver rounds 1 and 3. Wiman won round 2 big though and thats what sticks in peoples memory. Not a robbery under the 10 point must system but as a pure fight Wiman won.

Glad to see Condit get another cool stoppage. The man's a wrecking machine. He's stopping guys who dont get stopped in impressive fashion. He's gotta be close to a title shot now, since losing a razor close decision to Kampmann he's beat Jake Ellenberger and finished Rory MacDonald, Dan Hardy and now Stun Gun in brutal style.

I'm guessing they'll do Penn vs Fitch 2 this year, and I'm guessing the winner of that will jump ahead of Condit. I'd kill to see Condit vs Nick Diaz at some point.

Oh and Dos Anjos :) been a fan of his for a while now. The guy is pretty underrated imo, he's had some bad luck in a lot of his fights but I had faith in him beating Sotiropoulos. Just thought he had the BJJ to hang with him and better striking. I like Sot too though so I hope he bounces back.

Maybe do Sot vs Dunham? That was meant to happen a while back and I'd still like to see it.

• Paid Members
Wanderlei should definitely retire. He doesn't have the brains to fight any other way than he did last night, and he doesn't have the punch resistance to fight that way anymore. So unless they feed him a striker with pillow fists, he's getting brain damaged.

I dunno. Wand actually showed he can fight smart when he fought Bisping. As far as punch resistance his KO losses have been bad but getting stopped by Cro Cop, Henderson, Rampage and Leben, 4 of the most dangerous strikers in MMA doesn't mean he has a bad chin imo.

Not like he's getting knocked out by guys with no power or going out cold from any shot that lands like with Chuck in the end. It's Wand's lack of defence moreso than his chin that lets him down I think.

But yeah despite who he's lost to I dont wanna see him KO'd anymore and I'd have no problem with him calling it a day.

If he is gonna have one last fight though, UFC are meant to be headed back to Japan this year. Wanderlei vs Akiyama in Japan would be a fitting way to bow out.

Siver vs Wiman was an absolute robbery. I had that as 30-27 Wiman, or 29-28 Wiman giving the 1st to Siver. Horrible.

I disagree completely. I'm glad that there was some sort of backlash against this tactic of constantly trying for takedowns and getting the nod when you only score with one or two out of more than double the amount of attempts.

In my book if someone goes for a takedown and gets it, then they should get scored for that. By the same token, if someone goes for a takedown and the other guy successfully defends it they should get scored for that instead.

Siver managed to squash more than half of Wiman's attempts, and outfought him on the feet.

I scored the fight two rounds to one for Siver on the above criteria.

Archived