UFC 132:Cruz vs Faber II Discussion Thread

David

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I don't think we're supposed to get the 1 hour prelims for every show, but we've had them for pretty much all of them this year and just take them all for granted now.

I think when they re-negotiated with Spike for the prelims, it was announced that something like 3 out of every 4 shows prelims would be shown on Spike. But they pretty much all get shown now

Everyone made weight so just some quick predictions from me. I've got Cruz, Wanderlei, the Donger, Bader, Handsome Matt, Guillard, Sotiropoulos, Simpson, Bowles and Njokuani.

I think both Wanderlei/Leben and Dong/Condit could go either way and I like all four fighters. I would prefer Condit to get the dukes, but I think Stun Gun will edge it. Cruz will decision Faber whilst Bader will send Tito packing from the UFC (probably also by decision). Melvin has been on a tear recently, has looked tremendous and focused and will be too much for Roller. Bowles should have no trouble with Mizugaki, ditto Simpson with Tavares. At least Winner has someone who will stand and trade with him, not some boring ass lay'n'pray Lentz type. He desperately needs the win here or could be given his marching cards also.

• Paid Members
Call me a fanboy if you wish, but I'm going with Wanderlei via 1st round KO! :D

Same. Really could go either way. I can see this being another crazy one round fight like Diaz/Daley and Kongo/Barry.

Just hoping Wand lands first.

• Paid Members

predictions I'm going with

Cruz - Decision

Wand - KO/TKO

Bader - Decision

Condit - Decision

Siver - Decision

Dos Anjos - Decision

Guillard - KO/TKO

so yeah a lot of decisions there but I can see all of them being cracking fights

• Paid Members

Just seen the weigh ins.

Wand/Leben staredown was as intense as expected. Loved the Cruz/Faber face off too. No handshakes, dirty looks, proper bitchyness :D

Tito looked fired up too. Still got Bader to win though but Tito looked more amped up than usual to me. Hope he puts on a good fight at least.

Seriously cannot wait for the Leben/Silva fight, been wanting to see this since Silva signed with the UFC. There's no way this fight can be boring and someone is getting knocked out, I think it will be Leben who goes out in the 1st.

The main event should be a cracker as well, it will be a tight fight but I can see Cruz retaining his title in a 5 round war. Not really looking forward to the Ortiz/Bader fight, can see Bader just trying to pin him down and grind it out. I'd rather see Ortiz win even though he's a dick Bader is boring as sin.

All of the other fights have the potential to be crackers as well, should be a great night of fights with the Haye fight 1st and then this.

My predictions are

Cruz - Decision

Wand - KO/TKO

Bader - Decision

Condit - KO/TKO

Siver - Decision

Sotiropoulous - Submission

Guillard - Decision

Njokuani - KO/TKO

Bowles - Submission

Simpson - Decision

Hougland - KO/TKO

The run I'm on with my predictions is terrible so no doubt I will have them all wrong

Also do the Facebook Prelims start at 11 again?

Call me a fanboy if you wish, but I'm going with Wanderlei via 1st round KO! :D

Same. Really could go either way. I can see this being another crazy one round fight like Diaz/Daley and Kongo/Barry.

Just hoping Wand lands first.

Ditto, love them both as fighters but can never root against Wand - plus he needs the win more imo.

Though I did love the quotes from Leben on the countdown show:

"I don't really get going until I've been hit in the head afew times." and "He may be the faster striker, if he hits me three times I'll hit him once - but thats the way its been in every fight I've had."

How do ytou watch the prelims, just go on UFC facebook page? I'm liking this card. Silva to beat Leben but it will be one hell of a fight. And I dont think anyones cared about Tito since he got his second ass kicking from Chuck, and that was only because it was his second ass kicking from Chuck

How do ytou watch the prelims, just go on UFC facebook page? I'm liking this card. Silva to beat Leben but it will be one hell of a fight. And I dont think anyones cared about Tito since he got his second ass kicking from Chuck, and that was only because it was his second ass kicking from Chuck

Go to the page and press "like" then you will be able to view :thumbsup:

I'm so pumped for this! My predictions are: Faber, Kim, Silva, Bader, Wiman, Guillard, Bowles, Sotiropoulos, Tavares, Winner and Walker.

Not that you should my predictions, they've been terrible the last few events.

I've gone for Faber as I think if Cruz is going to win then it will be by decision and I fancy Faber to catch him in a submission at some point over the course of 5 rounds.

Archived