UFC 132:Cruz vs Faber II Discussion Thread

David

• Paid Members

This is easily the most anticipated card of the year for me so far. Easily the most stacked top to bottom show of 2011 yet. There's cards with bigger fights on this year but none with such consistant fight quality on the whole card. Every fight is interesting for one reason or another. Even Tito/Bader has the 'Tito's last chance' spin on it.

The 2 Spike prelims are fucking excellent too. Especially Sotiropoulos vs Dos Anjos. I've got a feeling that's gonna be one of the best fights of the night.

Njokuani vs Winner is gonna be a crazy fight

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just came across this on BJ Penns twitter. UFC 132 gets last minute bantam weight addition I've got to be honest I'm not familiar with either fighter but they're both riding good win streaks.

Rumour is these two guys lost elimination fights for the latest TUF season. It would make sense with Dana saying that the fights were awesome. I guess these two had great close fights and earned a shot.

In regards to the David Haye fight being the same night, what time do the Facebook Prelims start, and what time as an estimate, would Haye vs Klitschko finish? i was hoping I'd be able to catch all the Haye fight and all the Facebook fights still

• Paid Members

with all the fights on recently i realised ive kinda been neglecting the Faber/Cruz fight, it's a proper little grudge match. Gonna get on the blogs and stuff this week to pump myself up, it's gonna be a good one!

• Paid Members

^^ Cruz can definitely fight. He's not what you'd call a finisher but he can scrap. Good striking, good takedowns, cardio the lot.

For fights I'd recommend tracking down his 2 fights with Joseph Benavidez and the Scott Jorgensen fight.

• Paid Members
In regards to the David Haye fight being the same night, what time do the Facebook Prelims start, and what time as an estimate, would Haye vs Klitschko finish? i was hoping I'd be able to catch all the Haye fight and all the Facebook fights still

hmmmmn, it should be finished. I think the boxing's due on around 10.

hmmmmn, it should be finished. I think the boxing's due on around 10.

Yeah, the boxing will be done by 11ish. It's going to be one of the best Saturday nights for fights in a long time!

• Paid Members
I'm really hoping for a Tito win. Don't particularly like the guy but I cant really get behind Bader. He's a very bland. Plus I feel if Tito loses I feel that's his last, I don't like his chances.

same as me. I don't want Ortiz to leave the UFC, he's the kinda personality i wanna see stick around, there's always gonna be beef between him and other guys and it makes some for some fun fights (and i really wanna see the Mitrione fight!), Bader on the other hand is the complete opposite, despite having some skills in the cage and some massive power he is as you said bland. I'll be rooting for Tito (for the first time ever i believe).

^^ Cruz can definitely fight. He's not what you'd call a finisher but he can scrap. Good striking, good takedowns, cardio the lot.

For fights I'd recommend tracking down his 2 fights with Joseph Benavidez and the Scott Jorgensen fight.

I'm even picking Cruz to win this one. Aldo and Wineland have shown that Faber doesnt finish everybody and that he can be taking into the 5th. Cruz imo has the FAR better hands and better cardio this time around to outlast Faber 5 rounds. He just needs to keep his takedown defense up, keep jabbing Faber in the eye and not let it go to the cage and Faber might be in for a long night.

• Paid Members

cant wait for Wanderlei/Leben, it does have all the ingredients to be a classic. I think it's all gonne depend on how good a shape Wanderlei comes back in. He's been bordering that line where people say 'hes over the hill', but he always seems to pull something out of the bag when people thinks he's done. I really hope he's recovered from his injuries.

I'm even picking Cruz to win this one. Aldo and Wineland have shown that Faber doesnt finish everybody and that he can be taking into the 5th. Cruz imo has the FAR better hands and better cardio this time around to outlast Faber 5 rounds. He just needs to keep his takedown defense up, keep jabbing Faber in the eye and not let it go to the cage and Faber might be in for a long night.

I'm predicting Faber beats Cruz and Silva beats Leben.

Archived