Former WWE wrestlers you'd like to see return...

Ron Simmons

• Paid Members

The WWE roster's paper thin right now, and in recent weeks former stars have had dark matches for the company (Shelton Benjamin, Trevor Murdoch) - who would you like to see return to either Smackdown or RAW to boost the brand?

Personally I'd like to see a Carlito comeback, surely enough time's passed by now for the guy to have sorted out his issues? He'd be a great addition to the Smackdown roster right now to the point he'd have a very good chance of upping his status with the company.

I never thought the company got as much out of Mike Knox as they should have - the WWE is seriously lacking in the monster wrestler department, and Knox could fill a void on the RAW roster right now.

And X-Pac seems to have really put his past problems behind him, and stepped it up brilliantly in the ring. The WWE could do with a talented veteran to get the goods outta the likes of Sin Cara. Pretty much every match and feud waiting for the guy would be a fresh one, he'd be an excellent addition to either roster.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

MVP, Mike Knox and Kaval. I think they'd fit right in and boost the Smackdown roster nicely and MVP could have a real shot at flourishing as a big time babyface there right now.

Wouldn't object to a return of Giant Bernard/A-Train and Tajiri either.

I'd like to see all three of those, but with a bit of hesitation. I really liked Knox once he got the beard and the mad lecturer thing, but he was boring as fuck for about the last year of his WWE spell. Completely unfulfilled potential. I'd worry the same thing could happen again if either Knox or WWE went into it half-cocked.

Carlito and WWE don't like each other, do they? He's another one that was just potential that went to waste. He was positioned as the next big thing for a while, and ended up as a Superstars jobber with nobody really missing him.

I've not heard owt about Knox since he left last spring, anyone know where he's been?

I was hoping he'd hit Japan and get some extra improvement, before maybe returning one day. I hear both HBK and HHH were high on Knox but he didn't carry himself as a main eventer. I'd like to see him back though and booked to his strengths.

If they had a worthy tag division, I'd enjoy seeing WGTT back too. I always thought Aaron Aguilera never got a fair shake either.

Plus Nexus and The Corre are rookie punks, they need a good hiding off Hardcore Holly for my amusement, so bring Bob back, plus he can do Tough Enough Season 2(6)

• Paid Members

Not a main roster return, but I'd like to see Al Snow return to the company if there's a second season of Tough Enough. He can replace the rather voiceless Booker T. It's unlikely to happen, but a JBL return to the Smackdown announce table (again instead of the terrible Booker) would improve the product tenfold.

• Paid Members
Jamie Noble, to have technically brilliant but fairly meaningless matches on Superstars.

You know, I loved his run with Nidia and against Chuck Palumbo. He was great fun. And I might be in the minority here but I also really enjoyed his feud with Billy Gunn.

• Paid Members
Fuck having Al Snow back vastly over-rated in terms of wrestling knowledge. He talks a lot of shit a bit like myself.

I liked him on Tough Enough, he was much better than Booker T and Trish Stratus could ever hope to be. They need to keep Austin, but two other interesting personalities could do the show a favour. Maybe Mick Foley? JBL? Kevin Nash?

• Paid Members
Fuck having Al Snow back vastly over-rated in terms of wrestling knowledge. He talks a lot of shit a bit like myself.

I liked him on Tough Enough, he was much better than Booker T and Trish Stratus could ever hope to be. They need to keep Austin, but two other interesting personalities could do the show a favour. Maybe Mick Foley? JBL? Kevin Nash?

Yeah i agree with you that Booker is pretty awful on T.E. It's just i couldn't bare watching Al Snow go on and on like i have seen him do. JBL would be brilliant.

Archived