Former WWE wrestlers you'd like to see return...

Ron Simmons

I think Kurt Angle should come back for one more big WrestleMania match at least. He's still putting on amazing matches in TNA in front of them idiots in the impact zone. I like TNA n all but I'd love to see Angle on the WrestleMania stage again. Not sure who against right now but hopefully by the time he contractually could come back they'll be someone.

Like others A Train is definately someone I'd like back, I liked him originally so if he has improved since then even better.

Jericho and Batista are obvious ones, I expect Batista will be back within the next few months.

Wouldn't mind MVP getting another run either, really thought he was the next big thing playing the heel in his early days.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

A-Train for sure. They could easily throw him straight into the upper card and in no time he can be a credible heel world champion. At the time I was a bit 'meh' about him, but when you look at the roster now and look at him- christ he stands out like a sore thumb. Fantastic unique look, believable bad-ass and from what I hear is a good worker these days (he wasn't bad back in the day tbh).

I'd like to see Brock make a return to Smackdown as a monster heel, he could use the character he first debuted with but make it look even more dangerous as they could now go with the whole amature wrestler back story but now also his MMA experience. Obviously it won't be happening anytime soon as he doesn't look like he'd leave UFC and last I heard and read he was quite ill and had just had surgery or something along those lines.

Also The Rock, I don't want him back making special appearances, I want him back for good, full time, like he said he would be, we all knew he wouldn't though. So I suppose I have to make do with that.

Batista, I actually wasn't a huge fan of his but I think if he returned as a monster heel, in a similar way to how I wrote about Lesnar he could give a huge boost to the main event scene on Smackdown.

Others would be Shelton Banjamin, JBL, Paul London, Brian Kendrick, Billy Kidman, Jericho, Trish, Lita and Candice Michelle.

I don't want to see Steiner in WWE at all, they'd treat him like shit and job him out. He's got a good thing going in TNA, he's in the right place.

The WWE should definitely give Sid one more run, but I suspect the problem is on his side - i.e unable to pass a Wellness test.

I don't follow much wrestling ("entertainment") but recall Umaga improved leaps and bounds in Japan - is A-Train essentially in the same mould?

If so great - if it's that he's working a different style then he'd maybe not succeed in WWE going forward, as he's further away from their house style (ie "he doesn't know how to work").

Snitsky & Mike Knox - as a team with matching outfits (but not just plain black trunks), last I saw they both had crazy beards and long hair, just two big bruiser types like a new Roadwarriors.

Rhyno - still looks the part and could fill in the vetern role (missed without beniot, eddie etc) without looking too old.

Billy Gunn - See above

The Hurricane - given the HBK stuff a few months back it not gonna happen, but I liked his ecw run, the darker look with his long hair & leather coat, good in the ring and a decent gimmick.

Batista, Y2J etc speak for themselves.

Speaking of Albert, whatever happened to his former tag partner, Tomko? He reappeared in TNA briefly last year but has been AWOL ever since. At one point I was convinced he was going to be TNA's next breakout star..

Archived