Former WWE wrestlers you'd like to see return...

Ron Simmons

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
I don't follow much wrestling ("entertainment") but recall Umaga improved leaps and bounds in Japan - is A-Train essentially in the same mould?

If so great - if it's that he's working a different style then he'd maybe not succeed in WWE going forward, as he's further away from their house style (ie "he doesn't know how to work").

I'd wager that wouldn't be so much of a problem - New Japan's style (i.e. Strong Style) seems to be closer to the American entertainment style more than the others, and generally speaking most guys who went to Japan usually came back a lot more well-rounded, so I reckon he'd do fine.

Speaking of Albert, whatever happened to his former tag partner, Tomko? He reappeared in TNA briefly last year but has been AWOL ever since. At one point I was convinced he was going to be TNA's next breakout star..

Everybody was convinced of that. TNA really fucked it up massively by not pulling the trigger on the guy when he was getting the big face pops. Should've been a transitional champ at least.

A lot of mentions for Albert / Train / Bernard up to now. I like the guy, but can

• Paid Members

To be fair, there are plenty of monsters now, they're just not all on the level Batista, Kane or The Undertaker at their peaks were. Big Zeke seems to be the nearest, I haven't seen anything of Mason Ryan since he debuted, and they've got Brodus Clay as well. Given that they're all relatively young, I'd say it's worth giving them time to improve.

• Paid Members

Can't really explain why, but I'd quite like to see Zach Gowen make a WWE return. Might be in the minority, but I enjoyed his little underdog story in 2003, and I'd be quite happy to see a bit of a rerun.

I'd also like to see Mark Jindrak get another chance. There was something about the guy, he just looked like he could be a star.

• Paid Members
I'd also like to see Mark Jindrak get another chance. There was something about the guy, he just looked like he could be a star.

He's apparently been doing really well in AAA in Mexico, so maybe there's still a chance that could happen.

Can't really explain why, but I'd quite like to see Zach Gowen make a WWE return. Might be in the minority, but I enjoyed his little underdog story in 2003, and I'd be quite happy to see a bit of a rerun.

Not much of that will be happening.

• Paid Members

Ok, wcw isn't wwe. . But,

Alex wright!

He runs his little promotion back home now, he has age on his side and can still move and perform really well for s guy who must be around 6'4 ish.

Would be cool to see more Europeans on top of our recent uk invasion. A European faction would be sweet.

Speaking of Albert, whatever happened to his former tag partner, Tomko? He reappeared in TNA briefly last year but has been AWOL ever since. At one point I was convinced he was going to be TNA's next breakout star..

He left TNA and signed back with WWE last year. He had a couple of dark matches that sucked a dick, apparently because he was trying to work through a pec/shoulder injury. They released him before the end of 2010 quietly and hasn't been heard from since.

• Paid Members

He left TNA and signed back with WWE last year. He had a couple of dark matches that sucked a dick, apparently because he was trying to work through a pec/shoulder injury. They released him before the end of 2010 quietly and hasn't been heard from since.

You're a little behind, I think - following his abortive try-outs with WWE, he came back to TNA as a midcard heel/tweener jobber. Didn't last long.

You're a little behind, I think - following his abortive try-outs with WWE, he came back to TNA as a midcard heel/tweener jobber. Didn't last long.

Ah fair. No matter how hard I try, I just can't get into TNA. I keep the vaguest of eyes on it in the hope I'll read about Angle, Sting, or Jeff Hardy getting released.

Archived