Former WWE wrestlers you'd like to see return...

Ron Simmons

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Imagine Eugene as a heel. That would be amazing. You could give him a babyface manager and everytime he feels up one of the divas the babyface manager could say "he doesnt know what he's doing, he's a bit special this boy" and it could build and build until he's one of those nutters you see in your town centre with suitcases and long beards.

Growing up I always thought Bryan 'Adam Bomb/Wrath' Clark was a bit good, wouldn't mind a return for the man from Three Mile Island!

I've just watched Kronik v Undertaker/Kane from Unforgiven 2001 and have to say it's nowhere near as bad as was made out. The only part i'd say looked bad was the ending were Taker very audibly shouts "now", "cut me off" & "fuck". Which isn't pretty admittedly, but had Taker not thrown his toys outta the pram it wouldn't have looked half as bad. I watched it over and over and still come to that conclusion, so what was so wrong with the match? I'm aware this was the time of Taker's cuntish reign but I always thought he and Adams were buddies?

I also remember Powerslam calling it an abysmal match (and i'm certain got worst match of the year in the reader awards) but i've always taken what they say with a pinch of salt. There were surely worse matches than this from 2001?

• Paid Members
I'm aware this was the time of Taker's cuntish reign but I always thought he and Adams were buddies?

That's probably why he was so angry. He may have gone to bat to get Kronik in that position, if so, the match sucking donkey balls looks bad on him.

I get that part, but again I really can't see why the match is considered so bad. It isn't great but had it not been for Taker it wouldn't have looked like anything was wrong. Some high impact big man moves in there, it wouldn't look too out of place now, but maybe that was its main problem that in the era of high flying, fast paced, technically sound wrestling it just didn't fit. It certainly didn't deserve them being told to go to OVW to brush up on their wrestling. Incidentally, didn't Clark accept this and Adams tell them to shove it?

Growing up I always thought Bryan 'Adam Bomb/Wrath' Clark was a bit good, wouldn't mind a return for the man from Three Mile Island!

I agree, I always thought the WWF missed a trick on him. He was big, intimidating, agile, had good execution, a good look and a decent gimmick for the time. His atmospheric, sinister music was also pretty fitting.

He also showed that he was a pretty good face when he turned in mid '94. He was certainly one of the more popular guys on the roster, the crowds didn't lie. He even had his 'bomb squad' fanclub!

It's not that he was a fantastic wrestler or anything, but he didn't need to be, he had enough attributes to do well. But for whatever reason, they clearly weren't too high on him. Survivor Series' aside, i think his only PPV appearances had him on the receiving end of squashes.

Never paid all that much attention during his time in WCW but his agility was still impressive, as was his new finisher which i guess he innovated.

• Paid Members
as was his new finisher which i guess he innovated.

The Meltdown's an awesome move, I'd love to see one of the monster types start using it. It's better than the Rock Bottom-slam thingy that they seem to give to every big guy that comes up.

The Purple Wurple Plunge is another move that should be brought back, Big Zeke would be perfect for it I reckon.

I agree, I always thought the WWF missed a trick on him. He was big, intimidating, agile, had good execution, a good look and a decent gimmick for the time. His atmospheric, sinister music was also pretty fitting.

He also showed that he was a pretty good face when he turned in mid '94. He was certainly one of the more popular guys on the roster, the crowds didn't lie. He even had his 'bomb squad' fanclub!

It's not that he was a fantastic wrestler or anything, but he didn't need to be, he had enough attributes to do well. But for whatever reason, they clearly weren't too high on him. Survivor Series' aside, i think his only PPV appearances had him on the receiving end of squashes.

Never paid all that much attention during his time in WCW but his agility was still impressive, as was his new finisher which i guess he innovated.

I always liked his specs:

530__260x367_adam-bomb-101.jpg

• Paid Members

The Meltdown's an awesome move, I'd love to see one of the monster types start using it. It's better than the Rock Bottom-slam thingy that they seem to give to every big guy that comes up.

The Purple Wurple Plunge is another move that should be brought back, Big Zeke would be perfect for it I reckon.

What was the Meltdown? Never saw Wrath wrestle except once, when he got destroyed by Goldberg.

Also, the Purple Wurple Plunge - was that the Pearl River Plunge/Tiger Driver? Zeke would indeed be perfect for it, given that he looks like Ahmed Johnsonson.

• Paid Members

What was the Meltdown? Never saw Wrath wrestle except once, when he got destroyed by Goldberg.

Also, the Purple Wurple Plunge - was that the Pearl River Plunge/Tiger Driver? Zeke would indeed be perfect for it, given that he looks like Ahmed Johnsonson.

Here's the Meltdown from about 2:15

And yeah, the announcers liked to call the Tiger Driver the "Pearl River Plunge", but I trust Ahmed's pronunciation more, it was his move after all.

Archived