Chinatown: Mafia Scum Thread

Carbomb

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm back now so time to explain myself.

There is 1 scum to 5 town, if you go read the first of my two posts earlier today Seph, you would see that I saw you visit Teedy and no one else.

Unless Teedy somehow topped himself, which obviously didn't happen, you killed him as you were obviously worried about possibly being night killed.

I had to mention Chris B, as I was obviously going to be asked about my other results, plus when he confirms what I said about him that proves I am right about you.

Game over scumboy!

• Paid Members
Yay. We're back.

Right. Despite my crappy Internet connection, I've had a hell of a lot of time to look through the thread to try and find the last Tong Member and I'm pretty sure I've got it figured out.

I think it's Seph.

In the last games, when he's been town, Seph posted every theory that came into his head, no matter how wild or unlikely it might've been (which, incidentally, I love). This game he's been totally different. He's been extremely beige which, for me, is a total scum tell. He's also the only person still alive to avoid all the Ron wagons completely and even defended him HERE

There is also this THIS post. Seph's played two games and is now citing "straight up" Mafia rules about the role of a serial killer? I don't buy it. I think he got it from Ron.

VOTE SEPH

The serial killer has to kill every day, which is as straight-up a Mafia Rule as the Scum having a night kill. And it's been proven since I made that guess that there was no SK when there are two Scum squads. This piece of common sense indicts me how, exactly? Also, if you'd read my 'defence' of Ron you'd find out that I wasn't exactly defending Ron, I was highlighting a sheep play from a known sheep - Dan - who has since that post played this even less than I have. And - again - it's enough to indict me for some reason.

Dan was a suspect, granted, but he was lurky and opportunistic in the last game as well, and turned out to be the Town Vig. Your style, on the other hand, has been completely different from the last two games. It isn't even so much the lurking as the lack of scum hunting and the amount of beige posting you've done.

Your post about Serial Killers is just another example of you playing out of character. Last game you weren't clear on the differences between Doctor roles and now you are quoting "straight up" Mafia rules?

For me, the obvious explanation for you playing so differently is that you are scum which is a lot harder than playing town as there's a lot more pressure on you.

I wasn't kidding when I said I love your theories by the way. I know other people have taken the piss but, for me, it's total town play. You never know when you're going to get night killed so you might as well just say what's your on your mind while you can.

Chris B - Can you confirm you took the action that SMS said you did?

God bless you SMS, but if you're lying then you break my heart.

The 3rd tong had to be either Dan or Seph after their 1-2 vote on Teedy after he outed himself as the Triad leader. The fact that Seph jumped on second was the scummier move out of the 2, and thankfully SMS chose right in watching Teedy.

Wait for ChrisB to contribute, let Seph try to explain why he visited Teedy last night, then kill his goofy ass.

Vote Seph That's L-1, I would suggest letting the above take place before hammering, but it's a safe bet if you do because SMS will die tomorrow if Seph turns out to be town.

If I was the last remaining scum Bristep, why would I say this, because if Seph was town I would get a night kill but it would still be 3 town vs 1 scum meaning I would lose.

I would be best off lurking and trying not to raise any suspicions.

I don't know how town pulled this off, as I feel we got a bit lucky this game, but Seph has to be scum as how else would you explain Teedys death.

Just wish Chris would get his ass here so we can get this game wrapped up.

• Paid Members

Sigh, SMS, since you could probably tell that I was town at that point, why did you out me?

I'm the town roleblocker. I did indeed visit Ron on night two. I didn't trust that he was town, and I've played the 'scum claiming a different role than they have' trick before. I thought it would be useful to block him and see if there was still a death, to confirm his role. When there wasn't, I realised that there was no night death, and he was probably scum goon. However, somehow scum's kill didn't go through. That still bothers me.

Mod Question Were either of last night's kills modkills rather than actions?

I am sure Mikes away with no net access and Carbomb just doesn't have proper net access, as well as being busy, just have to look at his last few games to see how little time he has for these games lately.

Hopefully Good old bomber can drop by tonight and declare the winners!

• Paid Members

seph (4) - unfitfinlay, SMS, bristep123, Dan Williams

SMS (1) - seph

Not Voting: Chris B

That's a lynch!

It doesn't take everyone long to point a finger at seph and he's quickly lynched by those left.

Dead:

seph - Mountain Master (Tong Leader)

The town cheer loudly, only for Chris B and bristep123 to suddenly be backed up to a wall by unfitfinlay, SMS and Dan Williams.

Endgamed:

Chris B - Angry Szechuan Chef (Roleblocker)

bristep123 - Long-bearded Kung-Fu Master (Bulletproof)

Winners:

Dan Williams - Oyabun (Yakuza Leader)

unfitfinlay - Yakuza Ninja

SMS - Yakuza Goon

------------------------------------

Yes, in a surprising twist there was actually three seperate scum teams, and the winning one never lost a single member.

I'll let Carbomb give his final thoughts on things later, but a few things I want to make known from this point forwards:

1 - Sometimes things come up we aren't aware of when we begin the game. Sometimes it might be disappearing for a weekend, othertimes it might be that someones internet gives out. Please give mods the benefit of the doubt in these times. We will strive to have a backup mod in place for all games from now on, normally me for a while, but after a period it could likely be anyone who's modded a few games here before and so knows the basics to get through things. However please remember that the initial mod is still "the" mod.

2 - This leads on to number 2, people seemed to get the wrong end of the stick in this game and assume that me as backup mod means I co-run the game. The reality is I'm merely here for if Carbomb appears to have abandoned the game. This is why I didn't pick up for a while, and waited until he hadn't posted a vote count in a long period before posting one myself. This was Carbomb's game, not mine. Please don't expect the back-up mod to be ending a day phase just because the mod's been away for a few hours. That isn't the back-up mod's job. It is, however, the back-up mod's job to end the day phase if the mod disappears for half a week. In that case, mod away.

3 - More for future games, and I'm not singling Carbomb out for this, merely giving a heads up for anyone thinking about it in the future. If you want to run a game which has stuff happening in the day phase, be around relatively regularly. On the flip side, anyone submitting actions for day phase stuff, don't assume that it will happen instantaneously, the mod is human and has a life outside of the game. If it takes more than 24 hours, then be a little peeved by it, if it's been over 48, contact the back-up mod and ask what the hell is going on. (Similar for lynches and returning from night, end of night phase = time the actions must be sent, start of day phase = when the mod announces it)

4 - Just please have patience, I understand everyone wants to get to the next bit of the game, but having patience works wonders, and wont risk upsetting the entire game. The game here could have been totally different had Teedy and Snake not outing themselves as they did. That's something that, on a more serious site, would likely get you blacklisted from a lot of people's playerlists (both from people not wishing to play with you, and mods refusing to let you in your games). I say that more for Snake's benefit, as I've seen people blacklisted for much less than outing themselves like that. I doubt that will happen here because we're more lax, but please, patience is a virtue as they say, and when something comes up out of a mod's control, throwing a wobbly over it isn't going to help things.

Anyway, as a whole the game was good, and the players were brilliant, but it's hard to argue that the Yakuza team didn't earn that victory there. Town believed they had it won, and even the scum teams would have felt town had it won, so for town to have lost (it really needed more crosskills from the scum, but town were that good that the scum were having to target the town players with their night kills most of the game). I'm not even going to pick between them as to which played the best, they all played brilliantly. So they get a joint MVP from me (Carbomb might have a different thought process to it of course).

Looks like Chris B is up next too, as he's having to jump ahead of the queue due to others temporarily being unable to mod their upcoming games.

Archived