Chinatown: Mafia Scum Thread

Carbomb

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good game Yakuza team, I wouldn't have considered for a second that there were 3 scum teams (so we only had 4 town players? Yeesh!)

Mike was right, we needed all 3 teams to be discovered quickly in order to stand much of a chance and Triads hitting town early on day 1 just kicked our ass.

I think if SMS hadn't played his very clever final gambit then I would have pushed for a Dan lynch instead of Seph, basically for the Teedy vote and Lurking. As it was, SMS played a very good, and very well timed card. SMS I'm not sure if you were aware but when you broke down your daily 'actions' your wording about Chris Stone read wrong to me "he did nothing" made it sound like you'd got yourself mixed up during the post between watcher and tracker. As it was I just thought I was reading too much into it because we only had 1 scum left to find (or so I thought).

I can't speak to what went on in the Yakusa QT, but in terms of in game Finlay gets MVP for me. If I had to look at the final 6 knowing that there were 4 scum and 2 town I'd have picked Finlay to be town with me without hesitation. Mr Unfit has had 2 belters on the trot now, well done sir.

• Paid Members

:omg:

Well done, I just have to say. There really wasn't much I could've done, was there?

• Paid Members

Well, I'll 'fess up and say I was behind the vote nukes. What did the other leaders have up their sleeves?

• Paid Members

What could the Ninja do?

Really good work by the Yakuza there. I knew someone would likely have picked up on me being the blocker, and I wasn't totally swayed by SMS, but it was a very, very good play. Was it my breadcrumbing, or was the ninja a rolecop?

Did each team have an investigative role? It had the making of a really good set-up there.

I'd probably have more sympathy for TDK/Snake if they'd stated their issues, and then just shut up. As it was, Snake just kept on, and on, and on... - there was still play to be done there, and they handed the game to the yakuza on a platter.

• Paid Members

Really couldn't give a monkeys what you do and don't think about what we did. I'm highly competitive. Our game was screwed over by an absent mod. Our plays were time centric, when that didn't happen, we could effectively win. I have sympathy for Carbomb and his situation, but it ruined the whole game.

Never mind.

• Paid Members

Your Pram

Toys

• Paid Members
What could the Ninja do?

It was basically a tracker, but while their leader was alive they could watch someone as well.

Each team had a special "while the leader is alive" bonus.

Tong had the "once per day phase, reset the wagons" ability. (Which, seph may have PM'd Carbomb in regards to using, but let's be honest, it wouldn't have changed who won at that point anyway).

Triad had the ability to kill during the day instead of during the night.

I'll be honest and say the game wasn't exactly, 100% balanced, because it was impossible to balance massively due to the swing the game had. Two scum groups taking out two players of another group night 1 could have pretty much destroyed their chances. So it was really a game that revolved around the groups being clever amongst themselves, and not getting their own members lynched at all. Or in town's case, managing to not appear to be the towniest players out there (except for the bulletproof role), just unfortunate for town that brownie was hit early on.

And Snake, to be quite honest about things, you lost because you announced you were scum. Not because Carbomb took time to take action on the kill. If he'd been missing over 24 hours, I'd have pretty much said "fair enough", but as it was, you were unhappy early on from submitting the kill about him not dealing with it instantly. You can't expect someone to have modding a mafia game on here as the most important thing that they are doing, and the subsequent actions were not just unfair on Carbomb, but unfair on the other players who were enjoying the game.

Archived