Chinatown: Mafia Scum Thread

Carbomb

• Paid Members

I'm going to be quiet to start. I'll be open about that right now - I wasn't expecting to be in at the beginning, which is why I said I'd be a replacement. I'm in the middle of a long, complicated game over on the mafiascum site, and it's going to be tough for me to play both simultaneously.

Once the game's over, I'll be here in force, and I will be checking in and keeping tabs, and dropping my thoughts. But just wanted to let everyone know in advance.

Vote: SMS

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I think RVS is pretty much gone and so i'm going to ask a few questions:

Ron - With the issues you've raised as valid or invalid as they may be, how would you propose we deal with such a situation? It would be wrong to jump on Snake for every tiny thing, but it would be equally wrong to allow him free reign - If he claims at some point 'its my playstyle' how much credit do we give such a claim? (this is hard to answer due to no such situation thus far so you might want to give an example to further explain). Should we be more cautious of Snake's play than someone elses due to previous games and if so, are there any other people we should do this with? Somebody mentioned in the last game being suspicious of me, simply because they found me to seem innocent in previous games regardless of roles, how much credit should we give to these theories?

Bristep - It hasn't happened yet indeed, how do you think a discussion on these points might influence the play tactics of Snake or other people where similar arguements can be made and do you feel that bringing this up before a situation like the one Ron mentioned came up was likely to be beneficial to the town in any way?

Yeah I think RVS is pretty much gone and so i'm going to ask a few questions:

Ron - With the issues you've raised as valid or invalid as they may be, how would you propose we deal with such a situation? It would be wrong to jump on Snake for every tiny thing, but it would be equally wrong to allow him free reign - If he claims at some point 'its my playstyle' how much credit do we give such a claim? (this is hard to answer due to no such situation thus far so you might want to give an example to further explain). Should we be more cautious of Snake's play than someone elses due to previous games and if so, are there any other people we should do this with? Somebody mentioned in the last game being suspicious of me, simply because they found me to seem innocent in previous games regardless of roles, how much credit should we give to these theories?

Bristep - It hasn't happened yet indeed, how do you think a discussion on these points might influence the play tactics of Snake or other people where similar arguements can be made and do you feel that bringing this up before a situation like the one Ron mentioned came up was likely to be beneficial to the town in any way?

I can't predict the future Chris, everything in the game could influence the play tactics of Snake and everyone else, including any answer I might give. I think that getting the town sidetracked and discussing a possible scenario that hasn't happened and indeed might not happen could be construed as distraction from *actual* scumhunting based on what is happening right now.

• Paid Members
RVS has gone now has it?

In that case:

UNVOTE

VOTE: SEPH

Now who's being obsessed?

"Turning Japanese, I think I am turning Japanese, I really think so!"

Well that is how I think the song lyrics went anyhow.

Glad to see the game has started, but due to work and other stuff, it seems I missed RVS.

Sod that, so as me and Lion have been referred to as the Twin Towers, it is my job to take out the Mega Powers.

Probably going to end up doing the job again, but damn you Teedy Kay, I'm coming to get you because Slick told me so.

Vote: Teedy Kay

Please tell me that I am the Boss Man and not Akeem.

It is a joke Chris, a bit of humour to start the game, because the song is basically about wanking and I am sure some of you might feel that I have been a bit of a wanker from previous games.

Vote for me if you want Chris, but would I really be that stupid to come out and say I'm scum, really?

It is a joke Chris, a bit of humour to start the game, because the song is basically about wanking and I am sure some of you might feel that I have been a bit of a wanker from previous games.

Vote for me if you want Chris, but would I really be that stupid to come out and say I'm scum, really?

Despite my saying that RVS was seemingly over - it was a random vote - wanted to get the discussion in here flowing :) Interesting that you responded the way you did, the WIFOM especially.

So as is stated in towns messages, as well as the vanilla example, it says eliminate all threats so that means we probably have more than one group of scum to contend with.

There may be a vigilante, mason or something.

What is the usual scum to town ratio in a game this size?

So as is stated in towns messages, as well as the vanilla example, it says eliminate all threats so that means we probably have more than one group of scum to contend with.

There may be a vigilante, mason or something.

What is the usual scum to town ratio in a game this size?

I'd think there is some third party or second scum. I think usual balance is around 3 scum in a game this size, although that could probably vary quite a lot depending on balance through the use of roles though i'd have thought that would make the game more swingy. Mike did say this was going to be a good game, I'd personally expect it to have something 'a bit different' about it than a usual 1 scum 1 town setup.

Despite my saying that RVS was seemingly over - it was a random vote - wanted to get the discussion in here flowing :) Interesting that you responded the way you did, the WIFOM especially.

Despite playing in several games, I still don't get this WIFOM thing, so my reply to that is :duh:

All conversation is good though, plus it is nice to see you back in a game, as I can't remember playing more than one other game with you since we were scum in the Wild West game together.

Despite playing in several games, I still don't get this WIFOM thing, so my reply to that is :duh:

All conversation is good though, plus it is nice to see you back in a game, as I can't remember playing more than one other game with you since we were scum in the Wild West game together.

I'm not 100% sure on the WIFOM thing either, but my general understanding is that it relates to most arguments where motives are quoted (if i used it wrong i'll cry :( ). 'Why would I out myself as scum if i was scum?' that automatically makes it possible that you did it to be able to make that very argument when pulled up on it plus making the argument itself invalid.

And yeah, i took quite a long hiatus from mafia, but i'm back =) Nice to see you also, but if you're scum i'll happily send you away :D

Archived