Chinatown: Mafia Scum Thread

Carbomb

• Paid Members

As much as I'd like to see McScum swing, Ron that's almost the beginning of a tunnelling approach. If someone used a motivation of a previous game vendetta, I would stop playing. It's a flipping game. So far SMS & Dans responses have both used the word shocked within 5 minutes of each other.Almost like they've been discussing elsewhere, which then makes me think that this is definitely caught scum off guard & there is a third party in play. Which is worrying to say the least.

FOS SMS, FOS DAn Williams

Word Lif.. I mean OoOoOOOOOOOOooooo YeahhhhHHHHH!

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, I'm dying to fuck the town over getting outsmarted last time. Brownie played a hell of a game last time. Why would I want to lose him this time?

All I know is I want to know who killed Brownie and why. I saw Dazz get a bit excitable in the IC last time. I'm just a bit suspicious about his naivet

• Paid Members
Yeah, I'm dying to fuck the town over getting outsmarted last time. Brownie played a hell of a game last time. Why would I want to lose him this time?

All I know is I want to know who killed Brownie and why. I saw Dazz get a bit excitable in the IC last time. I'm just a bit suspicious about his naivet

I was desperate to salvage some pride last game after getting screwed by both my teams. I'm a grown-up though.

Dazz - I think it's just the way you post. It's hard to do meta on you because your role last time was so unusual. Now we may be looking for a third party. It's a tough one. I'm just pulling the first thread I saw.

• Paid Members
OK. So if we have a serial killer, how do we find him? The only link I can see was SMS questioning Brownie, but even that seems a bit flimsy. I just don't see how it could make sense to pop him like that. SMS isn't stupid. My suspicion is that we have a vig or an SK who is trigger happy and perhaps pretty new to the game.

FOS Dazz

• Paid Members

Ron I stopped at the Full stop. The bit after was a question.

Anyhow we ad usual don't seem to be getting anywhere fast, so question:

If it had have been you who killed brownie what would have been your motivation?

You're right Snake, we're not getting anywhere fast at all, I had hoped that yesterdays discussions would give us something to go on but i'm afraid if it did, i didn't find it. So we've got the Brownie kill but nothing to analyze really in that sense if this is a day SK they seem to have pulled off a good hit.

Personally I still find SMS's response to my vote to be a little suspect, Kenny's 'I think the killer is a newbie and trigger happy' line against Dazz also strikes me as being somewhat scummy. What's interesting is the line of investigation Finlay is going down, because hes suggesting that Kenny wants to find out the killer even if a vig - Funny thing here is, the 'trigger happy' argument mostly suggests the idea of a vig rather than an SK (is it just trigger happiness with an SK? Who may have to perform a kill?) As i said previously i think if this was a third party SK hit, it was actually raher well done.

Kenny seemed quick to go with a fairly bad argument on Dazz, SMS has seemingly slipped into the background and we've still got a few people who are barely posting.

• Paid Members
Ron I stopped at the Full stop. The bit after was a question.

Anyhow we ad usual don't seem to be getting anywhere fast, so question:

If it had have been you who killed brownie what would have been your motivation?

It's hard to say because, in all honesty, I can't think of any scenario (in regards to alignment/role) where I would've used a kill THAT early in the game. Brownie did nothing to really justify either scum or a vig taking him out, and even from a serial killer, I'd still say it's jumping the gun a bit.

Personally I still find SMS's response to my vote to be a little suspect, Kenny's 'I think the killer is a newbie and trigger happy' line against Dazz also strikes me as being somewhat scummy. What's interesting is the line of investigation Finlay is going down, because hes suggesting that Kenny wants to find out the killer even if a vig - Funny thing here is, the 'trigger happy' argument mostly suggests the idea of a vig rather than an SK (is it just trigger happiness with an SK? Who may have to perform a kill?) As i said previously i think if this was a third party SK hit, it was actually raher well done.

That's pretty much what I'm questioning, yes. Unless we've got a town rolecop in play, the only way we're going to find out who killed Brownie is when they flip or claim. If they pick their targets well a Day Vig could be a very valuable town role and it seems very strange that Kenny would acknowledge that possibility and then name a potential suspect, who, if he's right, could now easily get nightkilled/blocked by scum (assuming the day kill wasn't them, obviously.)

The only explanation that seems to make any sense is that its a 3rd party kill, scum would be overpowered if they were able to make day kills because as far as Im aware there is no way to dodge or protect a day kill, and no pro town player no matter how new would kill someone 2 days into the first day phase, We are gonna need to make every lynch count if this isn't a one shot role otherwise the game could be over pretty quickly. At the moment Kenny McBrides play to pin it on dazz as he is inexperienced seems very suspicious and if we were to vote now he would be my vote.

I do feel however that whilst talking about Brownies death and the reactions to it might be beneficial, we really ought to try and find some lines away from that kill also as we all know, the kill has given us very little information at this point. In my mind it's as likely to have been done by someone who's barely posted as any of the people who were active up until this point.

Finlay: If you were an SK and had to make a kill this day phase - who would your target have been, when would you have done it?

Infact if anyone else wants to answer that, feel free

For me personally:

I'd have probably taken Brownie or Finlay out - Why? They both had good games in the last one and it's still fresh in my mind, the reads finlay got in the last one would be threatening to me, he was incredibly accurate and in this game is likely to have more town following than previously. I don't like the idea that older games effect new ones, but they do and finlay would seem like a great threat to me seeing his game, his reads may hold more weight than previously, any lynch he comes up with might do better down to it. Brownie showed that he is able to play people fairly well against each other, he's well adapted to lying to keep himself alive and can pull out a great game when he needs to.

Now, since i can't get a read on why people might have wanted Brownie dead due to his play in this game specifically i feel this is most likely the thoughts our killer may have had - that would render discussion about the kill on brownie practically useless and clinging to that may well lead us down the wrong path. So in my mind the reactions to the kill are much more important than what came before it.

So then, the reactions:

Obviously kenny's reaction stunk, Dazz's 'I love brownie he's my teacher!' is not all that much better either but his post addressing kenny's accusation / speculation seemed fairly well placed - it certainly wasn't a panic response from what I can tell.

Other leads? Well there aren't many, SMS's response to my vote has been noted, but that's as far as i can read into this game at the moment.

As lovely as Chris's investigation via soft questions is, we are currently 33 hours from deadline and we need to agree on a lynch. Whatever the killer's reasoning, it's thrown a spanner in the phase and kept everyone from focusing. Time to focus.

Lion has been a non-entity thus far, which fits with a SK modus operandi (stay off radars in the early game). One nothing post (and he has been logged in since then, I checked to make sure I wasn't chasing a dead lead i.e if he hadn't logged into the site since that last post). At the very least, Lion should be in and participating especially as deadline approaches.

McBride isn't sitting well with me just now, his reaction to the kill was suspect however I can't point to anything else specifically. There's definitely something ringing my bell about him.

Dazz is still a new entity, and we haven't got a town or scum game to base anything on from him (since he was technically both and neither last game) so I'm not confident on any reads on him just now.

Lets go with the SK lay low theorum.

VOTE Lion_Of_The_Midlands

Ha, i didn't realise we were getting even any where near the close to deadline *note to self, check the deadlines!*

I'm willing to go with a Lion wagon at this point in time, we may have little more than his lack of posts to go on, but we're at least able to get information / communication out of people who are on the radar and as you've said, 'staying off the radar' is going to be a big thing for an SK and the way in which the kill was executed seems to be done in a way to either distract us from looking past it or just generally confuse us, it was certainly low-profile and done with the intent of giving us nothing to go with.

Unvote

Vote Lion_Of_The_Midlands

This said however, we still need to use the time we have left and we still need find more lines of enquiry.

• Paid Members

My first day kill as whatever would've been Seph, and I'd have done it as soon as I knew the game was in play, my reason? Shits and Giggles!

Speaking of Seph, where is he? I miss his crazy stories of Giants and Pixies and how they have helped in the murderisation of Miss Browniebeth.

Seeing as everyone else is being as lazy as I was being last night, I'll go back and do some sort of recap of Brownie's existence in the game to see where it may point us to direction wise, if any.

A random killing is surely unheard of in MS games? Anyone with any better experience know otherwise?

Archived