Chinatown: Mafia Scum Thread

Carbomb

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Finlay: If you were an SK and had to make a kill this day phase - who would your target have been, when would you have done it?

Hmm, good question.

I've only played with one Serial Killer before and I thought he made the mistake of going for obvious targets who turned out to be protected (incidentally, that was in Carbomb's last game) so, in a night scenario, I would've went for someone like Seph or Dazz that are still relatively new and would be less likely to be protected.

In a day kill scenario, where no one could've been protected, I'd have either went for a player like Stone or Bristep, who are hard to read or waited until there was someone that looked sufficiently scummy enough that people would immediately assume the kill was from a Town Day Vig, as opposed to an SK, who really should be doing their best to remain hidden shouldn't they?

And Chris, I'm merely touting suggestions. If I wanted to frame someone I'd have dug away at them and been a lot less open. At this stage I don't have a clearcut number one suspect.

Ok, well what i'd ask from you is that when you get chance, you analyze the game and build some kind of case on somebody, noting your key suspects and why. I'm not trying to paint you, or anybody else for that matter as scum or anti-town, nor am i trying to push you to lynch right now, but i think it goes without saying that as far as suspects go, you're up there high on the list. Give me something with reasoning from this game, commit a little bit and you'll be on your way to making me reassess my position on you, my mind is not made up completely right now on you.

VOTE Lion_Of_The_Midlands

Unvote

Vote Lion_Of_The_Midlands

Lion posted once. after the games started, so unless he replaced someone I don't know about he is not in the game.

Actually you're right. I just assumed since he posted during the game that he was part of it.

Ok, Unvote

LOL at Ron misrepping Teedy's post and calling Misrep from Teedy in the same breath.

Teedy - "Brownie questioned Ron"

Ron - "You are trying to say he accused me, and that's a misrep"

Now Ron, that's a twist of words AND a misrep AND a round and point the finger ("but I wonder if brownie would be a perfect kill for you or Snake to make purely because people would be likely to point the finger elsewhere, given your little love triangle?") from you. That's worth a FOS fo' sho'

FOS Ron Simmons

To clarify, it's a misrep because he FOS'd me based on it. Without the direct quote that implies to me it was substantial, what brownie asked when in fact it wasn't.

Actually, he'd be guilty of misrepping brownie, not you, since it's brownie's ISO he reviewed. Even with that in account, Teedy has decided that Brownie's question puts you under suspicion, that's an opinion based on facts, not a misrep anyway. What this makes it is his opinion against yours and from my vantage point you're very defensive of a FOS based on a question asked by brownie towards you. But then again you're always hyper-defensive, and you always deny it when that fact is brought up.

• Paid Members
Finlay: If you were an SK and had to make a kill this day phase - who would your target have been, when would you have done it?

Hmm, good question.

I've only played with one Serial Killer before and I thought he made the mistake of going for obvious targets who turned out to be protected (incidentally, that was in Carbomb's last game) so, in a night scenario, I would've went for someone like Seph or Dazz that are still relatively new and would be less likely to be protected.

In a day kill scenario, where no one could've been protected, I'd have either went for a player like Stone or Bristep, who are hard to read or waited until there was someone that looked sufficiently scummy enough that people would immediately assume the kill was from a Town Day Vig, as opposed to an SK, who really should be doing their best to remain hidden shouldn't they?

Thanks for the vote of confidence :D

Is the bolded point a certainty? If we're talking SK or Day-kill Scum as opposed to Vig there could also be a Day Doctor to balance things, or at least an informable Day-person. If we are talking a Day-Vig then he's not going to get a whack a day so he'd have to choose much more carefully. SMS' suggestion of a frame makes more sense, but it's still a coin-toss between who gets killed and another between who's doing the killing.

EBWOP: Shit, forgot to mention that I swallowed a bottle of Corsodyl to get that thought.

Right I should be back on before deadline but it seems like in the last game we are heading towards deadline without much of a clue, right now my suspects are McBride and Ron Simmons as both have been trying hard to deflect this day kill away from themselves without anyone really suspecting them to start with, At the moment out of the 2 Ron seems more suspicious (This might be because Kenny seems to have gone quiet abit like he did when he became a suspect in the last game). So as not to miss my vote if I cannot get on tomorrow I will place it now, hopefully we can garner some more information before the day phase ends.

Vote Ron Simmons

Hmm, good question.

Thanks for the vote of confidence :D

Is the bolded point a certainty? If we're talking SK or Day-kill Scum as opposed to Vig there could also be a Day Doctor to balance things, or at least an informable Day-person. If we are talking a Day-Vig then he's not going to get a whack a day so he'd have to choose much more carefully. SMS' suggestion of a frame makes more sense, but it's still a coin-toss between who gets killed and another between who's doing the killing.

EBWOP: Shit, forgot to mention that I swallowed a bottle of Corsodyl to get that thought.

No such thing as a day-doctor Seph. The only thing that would stop a day kill would be a bulletproof status, or a Paranoid Gun Owner in which case the vig/sk would die instead. A bomb, while not preventing the kill would mean that the sk/vig died too.

• Paid Members

I'm going to vote:

VOTE KENNY MCBRIDE

I'm not sure how I seem any more suspicious than Kenny to you, Dan. Kenny's post following brownie's death is rather flimsy. I've simply gone into the day with an open mind while considering suspects

Also - and I know this isn't a brilliant reason for me not being scum - in Carbomb's last (and only) game I was scum leader, so honestly, what are the chances of him making me scum again?

• Paid Members
Right I should be back on before deadline but it seems like in the last game we are heading towards deadline without much of a clue, right now my suspects are McBride and Ron Simmons as both have been trying hard to deflect this day kill away from themselves without anyone really suspecting them to start with, At the moment out of the 2 Ron seems more suspicious (This might be because Kenny seems to have gone quiet abit like he did when he became a suspect in the last game). So as not to miss my vote if I cannot get on tomorrow I will place it now, hopefully we can garner some more information before the day phase ends.

Vote Ron Simmons

:confused:

That's weaksauce considering that you've only spoken and cast your vote since the case has been made for you, and getting past that oxymoron what you've just said doesn't exonerate Kenny any more than it incriminates Ron. Especially when your previous post strongly indicts Kenny for pretty much the same reason Ron's just stated. It's just as reasonable to say that you've sat back and waited for an out as it would be to accuse Kenny of the same.

FOS Dan Williams

Also - and I know this isn't a brilliant reason for me not being scum - in Carbomb's last (and only) game I was scum leader, so honestly, what are the chances of him making me scum again?

I'd say the chance is approximately: 23.07692307692308%

if we take your statement to mean anti-town and assume there's a SK

I'd say the approximate chance is: 30.76923076923077%

It's random, or at least it should be - if you didn't hand pick your roles, why would you assume Carbomb would?

I know you've not much time and admittedly you said it's not a great reason, but offer me something other previous game arguments not to follow through with having you strung up.

Awesome defense. You'd have been better trying to pass off the odds based on being scum 3 times in a row than weaksauce like this.

vote Ron Simmons

Vote Ron Simmons

:confused:

That's weaksauce considering that you've only spoken and cast your vote since the case has been made for you, and getting past that oxymoron what you've just said doesn't exonerate Kenny any more than it incriminates Ron. Especially when your previous post strongly indicts Kenny for pretty much the same reason Ron's just stated. It's just as reasonable to say that you've sat back and waited for an out as it would be to accuse Kenny of the same.

FOS Dan Williams

Ron/Seph team per chance?

Archived