Chinatown: Mafia Scum Thread

Carbomb

It is a joke Chris, a bit of humour to start the game, because the song is basically about wanking and I am sure some of you might feel that I have been a bit of a wanker from previous games.

Vote for me if you want Chris, but would I really be that stupid to come out and say I'm scum, really?

Despite my saying that RVS was seemingly over - it was a random vote - wanted to get the discussion in here flowing :) Interesting that you responded the way you did, the WIFOM especially.

Despite playing in several games, I still don't get this WIFOM thing, so my reply to that is :duh:

All conversation is good though, plus it is nice to see you back in a game, as I can't remember playing more than one other game with you since we were scum in the Wild West game together.

I'm not 100% sure on the WIFOM thing either, but my general understanding is that it relates to most arguments where motives are quoted (if i used it wrong i'll cry :( ). 'Why would I out myself as scum if i was scum?' that automatically makes it possible that you did it to be able to make that very argument when pulled up on it plus making the argument itself invalid.

And yeah, i took quite a long hiatus from mafia, but i'm back =) Nice to see you also, but if you're scum i'll happily send you away :D

That was kind of how I thought it was, but didn't want to sound stupid by asking, so just kept that to myself for now.

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
It is a joke Chris, a bit of humour to start the game, because the song is basically about wanking and I am sure some of you might feel that I have been a bit of a wanker from previous games.

Vote for me if you want Chris, but would I really be that stupid to come out and say I'm scum, really?

SMS, Chris' vote on you was obviously a joke, why did you reply like this? And why have you alluded to a power role already?

• Paid Members
When I replied to Chris, it was because I honestly thought he didn't get the joke, but have no idea what power role you are talking about unless you mean me being a wanker. :laugh:

That's one night action nobody will want to be involved in :laugh:

So as is stated in towns messages, as well as the vanilla example, it says eliminate all threats so that means we probably have more than one group of scum to contend with.

There may be a vigilante, mason or something.

What is the usual scum to town ratio in a game this size?

This was the bit that made me think you were claiming a power role already - have I totally misread that?

We all know town don't just have vanilla roles, so it is obvious they will be given the same objective as vanillas, especially when Carbomb has posted an example so we all have that info available to us.

I can see why you might question me about that, but it is not something that I realised could be seen that way, as well as not seeing it like that when I read it myself.

I may have a power role, I may not, but there is no way I am going to hint about any role I may or may not have until I am about to be possibly lynched or have something that reveal if I discover something and I need to reveal my role to produce the evidence.

So as is stated in towns messages, as well as the vanilla example, it says eliminate all threats so that means we probably have more than one group of scum to contend with.

There may be a vigilante, mason or something.

This is a 13 player game, so I doubt there is more than 1 scum group. At most you might get a third party role but the "all threats" is a standard line in town win conditions for most games so I wouldn't let it colour your play.

Examples of 'scum' are also bit off. Masons are a town group, not scum and vigilantes are also pro-town. third party with a night kill would be a serial killer, again though since this is a 13 player game I would expect any third party night kill to either be limited number or odd/even night. a SK, plus scum NK and town mislynches would mean that we might end up dead at the start of day 3 and that smacks of balance issues.

Not overly happy with SMS's response to the Chris vote on him. Seems like a panicky over-explanation.

Not neccessarily obv-scum right now, but definitely worth keeping track of.

Also brownie looks like he's role-fishing. "OH SMS YOU'RE HINTING AT A POWER ROLE!"

That's all for now.

• Paid Members
Also brownie looks like he's role-fishing. "OH SMS YOU'RE HINTING AT A POWER ROLE!"

Not really, I want to know why he'd phrase it that way, not what the result is.

I'll just note for you SMS that as i said your response to me was 'interesting', you did seem a little defensive. I don't think it's a scum-tell on its own but i do have my eye on you at the moment.

Brownie: I totally missed the idea that SMS could have been hinting at a role there, I think his explaination of that is perfectly fine but had you not pointed it out i wouldn't have thought about it the same could be for scum members you need to watch out that you're not giving accidental town slips away that could go under the radar. I've no idea what SMS is or isn't his explaination of it is perfectly reasonable and i don't believe it hints at his alignment or role but even bringing light to it is not a good idea.

• Paid Members

Mr.Stone & SMS for more understanding on WIFOM (Wine in front of me) you need to watch The Princess Bride. The bit with the drink switching.

Archived