Chinatown: Mafia Scum Thread

Carbomb

What promotion(s) do you work for? I saw you mention in the previous game that you were in a match and i didn't know prior to that that you wrestled.

WrestleZone Scotland, I don't really talk about it over much on the forum but yeah I co-own and co-run the company (with 10 others) too so it takes up a fair chunk of time. Get booked for SWE as well, and worked once down in wales for Purecatch but it's dead and gone now I think.

Ah i think SWE was the place i was going to train at when i lived in scotland but never got around to it - they're the perth based promotion who run shows in dundee right? and yeah, i can imagine running a company takes up a lot of time - infact i know it does i've seen the massive amount of works some of the promoters i've worke for do :p

and don't worry carbomb, it happens! :)

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What promotion(s) do you work for? I saw you mention in the previous game that you were in a match and i didn't know prior to that that you wrestled.

WrestleZone Scotland, I don't really talk about it over much on the forum but yeah I co-own and co-run the company (with 10 others) too so it takes up a fair chunk of time. Get booked for SWE as well, and worked once down in wales for Purecatch but it's dead and gone now I think.

Ah i think SWE was the place i was going to train at when i lived in scotland but never got around to it - they're the perth based promotion who run shows in dundee right? and yeah, i can imagine running a company takes up a lot of time - infact i know it does i've seen the massive amount of works some of the promoters i've worke for do :p

and don't worry carbomb, it happens! :)

It's not so bad, since there's 10 of us we share things around. One does the booking of shows, one handles new trainees, I do posters and the website, another does press liaison and we all share the flyering, etc. Works pretty well, we're getting a decent reputation up here. Got Colt Cabana over for our August show which is just a surreal thought right now.

And yeah, that's the same SWE.

It looks like Carbomb might be busy, so if he is unable to start this game tonight, does anyone else have a game as back up in case?

Carbomb can run the next one if he is busy, but there is no point in keep delaying it f he is, plus he might be too busy to do the modding when needed which won't help the actual game.

Hoping to hear from you soon CB, regardless of your answer, as I want to hunt me some scum / kill some townies. *

* Depends on what role I get. ;)

Well, I guess we wait for Carbomb and see what his situation is. In all fairness to him I think the weekend deadline was a case of him moving it forward a bit and he's had to push it back to the original start date / time or so so we'll see. On the idea of someone else running first, with the low(ish) signups to this, it might be a bit difficult unless Carbomb were to play (taking the space of the new mod) although I guess there's probably at least a game or two in the list which mike could take part in (someone must have done an open or not told mike everything (the way i have with mine))

Eitherway, I assume Carbomb will be here at some point tonight and will fill us in on all the details.

• Paid Members

Remember guys, we still don't have a full quota either way. Unless some of the guys in FCW promote themselves to the main roster. So even if we were to have the next guy in line step up, it wouldn't change things.

We'll give Carbomb until the end of the week, as it's only fair, it also gives us time to see who else signs up for the game in the meantime. If by the end of the week Carbomb's not ready, I'll contact Nexus (who's next up) to see if he has a game ready to roll.

• Paid Members

Sorry guys, but it's like some cunt opened the floodgates - first Orbital, who we managed to get sorted, now the fucking Flaming Lips act up. Thankfully not as bad, got that sorted.

Game should be up in a couple of hours.

EDIT: Quick check.

Lion: SMS has extended the olive branch. Will you accept and take part?

• Paid Members

Ah, Lion, you make me sad.

Never mind.

Game will be up very soon. Just finalising PMs and stuff for QuickTopic.

• Paid Members

Car-bomb-explodes.jpg

CARBOMB FILM STUDIOS IN CONJUNCTION WITH

14richmond.span-753177.jpg

REALLY RANK FILMS PRESENT

Goldenharvest.jpg

It seems like a good place...

A bustling hive of activity and colour...

The lanterns, the stone lions, the gates, it's a festival...

BUT...

There's an unease and tension behind all the smiling faces...

Something's not quite right...

And ChinaTown's denizens are not about to tell any gwai lo what it is. These troubles are to be kept within the realms of...

chinatown.gif

Game Rules:

General:

- Please adhere to the site rules.

- Do not discuss this game of mafia outside of this thread unless your role PM allows you to do so.

- Day phases will last 5 days maximum.

- Night Phases will last 24 to 48 hours, depending on circumstances (such as V/LA and so on).

- During night phase, no talking may be done in the thread at all.

- Do not quote PM's from the mod at all (real or fabricated). Paraphrasing is acceptable.

- If you have any questions about your role, or the game, feel free to PM the mod.

Voting:

- All votes must be in bold format: Vote: Mike Castle for example.

- You must unvote before voting. Unvotes must also be in bold.

- Any and all votes will be counted, if you wish to waste a day phase voting for someone not in the game, that's fine by me.

- You may vote No Lynch.

- Voting tricks are not acceptable. If you misspell someone's name intentionally, but I get the gist of it, the vote will count.

- A lynch will occur once a majority decision is reached. If no majority is reached by deadline, then no lynch shall occur.

Mechanics:

- Players were assigned their roles at random, using 1 suit of playing cards, Ace to King, shuffled and drawn from the top.

- Feel free to claim names - it's all fun, after all.

- Feel free to join in the flavour with sigs and avatars - in fact, I encourage it - but they will mean NOTHING in terms of your alignment, character or role.

- Do not edit your posts at all.

- No impossible/hard to read text.

- Flavour text is red, Mod messages will be in blue, as you see in this post.

- Mike Castle has very kindly agreed to be my back-up mod. All his mod posts will be in this colour. Please do not use it.

- To re-create the tense and unpredictable atmosphere of this game, some flavour MAY be game-related, some not at all. It's up to you to decide and agonise over it.

- The Mod may make mistakes - please point out any mistakes gently. Mistakes will be corrected where possible, but sometimes mistakes are made that cannot be reversed. These will stand as final to be commiserated over after the game.

- Due to the nature of my job at present, I will very often not be available straight away. Where possible, I will post ASAP, but the best I can guarantee you is that I will be around at least once every 24 hours.

- Do not use spoiler tags. You have no need to do so. Doing so will invite a warning.

- If you are not happy with your role, I'm afraid that's tough titty for you, fishface. You either play, or you PM me to quit and I replace you. Those are the only two options you have if you wish to play in any of my games again. Tantrums will be dealt with the same way in which flaming and insults will be.

- Thackeray's Accelerator is banned.

- Finally, remember this is a game. So outright insults will not be tolerated. Play to your win condition, not to disrupt other players from enjoying the game.

Activity:

-I expect you to post once every 48 hours. If you don't, you will get prodded. If you do not respond to your prod, either in thread if it's during the day, or via PM during the night, then you will be replaced.

-Similarly, if you get prodded three times, and require a fourth, I shan't bother with the fourth prod, instead simply replacing you.

-In order to prevent the problems which arise through non-participation and thus threaten to ruin enjoyment of the game, I will NOT be using Modkills or L-1 penalties in the case of Power Roles as punishment; instead, I shall simply transfer the offending non-participant's powers to a random Vanilla Townie or Mafia Goon, depending on offender's alignment, and the offender shall be designated Powerless. All this will happen via PM, in secret.

-Modkills or L-1 penalties WILL be used in the case of bad sportsmanship or failure to adhere to the rules. The criteria for these, where not clearly outlined, will be decided by myself.

Other rules:

-When you die, I will permit one "bah" post. Other than that, you may not speak in the thread until after the game has finished.

Lastly, to stop people referring to PMs to ascertain if someone's ChinaTown or ChinaScum, here is an example of a Vanirra Townee PM (the example given is not in the game):

You are Long Hung Dong, a Vanirra Townee. The onry abirity you have is to vote for those you think should be eriminated.

GOAL: Eliminate all threats to ChinaTown.

PLAYERS:

1. DAN WILLIAMS

2. RON SIMMONS

3. DAZZ

4. SEPH

5. CHRIS STONE

6. TEEDY KAY

7. BROWNIE

8. KENNY MCBRIDE

9. SNAKE PLISSKEN

10. SMS

11. BRISTEP123

12. UNFITFINLAY

13. CHRIS B

With 13 players alive, it takes 7 to lynch. Day Phase ends Saturday, 3:45am.

Archived