ROH - Sold to Sinclair Broadcast Group

RepoMan

• Paid Members

Wow, they sound absolutely awful.

That said, I can't imagine it'll affect RoH programming too much. Even WWE didn't have THAT much political content in their programming overall. And whilst I don't like RoH, it's always interesting to see a promotion get a break that will hopefully take them to the next level. I'll be looking forward to seeing how they do.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully with some more funding behind them ROH can take the company to the next level.

• Paid Members
SBG group includes networks NBC, abc, MyTV, Fox, The CW Network and CBS.

Plus the TV show would be available online. sweet!

Blimey, so basically they own the biggest stations in the states. Aren't NBC, ABC, Fox & CBS the biggest 4 networks?

SBG group includes networks NBC, abc, MyTV, Fox, The CW Network and CBS.

Plus the TV show would be available online. sweet!

Blimey, so basically they own the biggest stations in the states. Aren't NBC, ABC, Fox & CBS the biggest 4 networks?

They don't own any of them, they just show those channels.

The Sinclair Broadcast Group (SBG) is the operator of the largest number of local television stations in the United States with a total of 57 stations across the country in 35 primarily small and medium markets, many of which are located in the South and the Midwest. Broadcasts by SBG stations can be received by 24 percent of American households. The company is based in Hunt Valley, Maryland.

• Paid Members
The infomercial painted Obama as an extremist, in which, during the 2008 presidential campaign, claimed he received some campaign money from the Hamas terrorist group, and claimed to have said in a speech, "You want freedom? You

• Paid Members
The infomercial painted Obama as an extremist, in which, during the 2008 presidential campaign, claimed he received some campaign money from the Hamas terrorist group, and claimed to have said in a speech, "You want freedom? You

My fingers are crossed that this can only mean huge things for ROH. Give them the money they need to sign everyone to a contract and maybe bring in some more indie talents. They have a chance of taking over the number 2 spot but i dont think it'll be a quick thing as even though i dont like TNA, they do have a lot of big names.

Let's be honest though, this probably won't amount to more than some increased production values and ROH being shown on 55 local tv stations across America. It's not like they've hooked up with Comcast or Spike or any of the majors.

TV works really differently over there as far as I can tell. Let's say FWA signed a deal with Dave - they'd then potentially have the whole of the UK tv audience to broadcast to. Even if ROH tv is broadcast on every single one of Sinclair's stations and affiliates, only 24 percent of US households could even potentially see it.

Archived