Randy Savage Dies

Jambo

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Although if you get annoyed with Cena's no selling look away when Hogan kicks out of a nailed top rope elbow (no pause before the cover) at 1 3/4.

I'd say the two are pretty independent. It's The Hulkster. The rules of common sense never applied/apply to him, nor should they.

To go off topic slightly, Hulk is exactly why Cena's no-selling is annoying, to me: Cena doesn't do ANYTHING, he just starts no-selling, and that's it. Look at everyone else who ever had a no-selling spot: Hulk's no-selling actually coined a term for when people no-sell, "Hulking up"; Warrior went more mental than he usually does; Misawa looked massively pissed off and shook his head very slowly; hell, even fucking Tatanka did his native American war-dance.

If Cena had some sort of thing, showing he'd just had an "adrenaline rush", if he just "Cena-ed up", I'd have almost no problem with his actual matches. For the most part, they're pretty decent at the very least.

Has there been any kind of comments attributed to Steamboat since Randy died? Seen tributes from loads of people but he is one i kept an eye out for but haven't see anything.

He's extensively quoted in the wrestling observer newsletter obituary. Main thrust was that they weren't friends but the death massively hit Steamboat.

Quick question.

I'm looking for the name of the song in the wwe tribute video to randy. He sings something like "...I'm here. Still her. No tears" etc ect

It's on ITunes for 99p. Just search for WWE. It's called Here And Gone.

I wouldn't have expected MVP and Randy Savage to have ever met, but apparently Randy was a big help in starting MVP's career starting from meeting backstage at a GWAR concert of all places.

Here's the story

Part 1

Part 2

Edit: Hmmm he's taken them down now, guess they'll be back up later. Good watch though.

Has there been any kind of comments attributed to Steamboat since Randy died? Seen tributes from loads of people but he is one i kept an eye out for but haven't see anything.

He's extensively quoted in the wrestling observer newsletter obituary. Main thrust was that they weren't friends but the death massively hit Steamboat.

Thanks for that. Just been reading through it; fantastic piece and a fitting tribute. Dusty Rhodes really seemed to have a chip on his shoulder about something though.

• Paid Members
I'm looking for the name of the song in the wwe tribute video to randy. He sings something like "...I'm here. Still her. No tears" etc ect

Anyone got a link to this? I've only seen the one with Coldplay in the background.

Thanks for that. Just been reading through it; fantastic piece and a fitting tribute. Dusty Rhodes really seemed to have a chip on his shoulder about something though.

There was also a weird bit where Meltzer quoted an unnamed friend of Elizabeth growing up alluding to some dirt in her early past.

• Paid Members
There was also a weird bit where Meltzer quoted an unnamed friend of Elizabeth growing up alluding to some dirt in her early past.

Wasn't she reputed to be a bit of a ringrat, had by all and sundry before Savage kept her locked in his changing room started seeing her?

• Paid Members

Liz wasn't the squeaky clean "first lady of wrestling" like her screen persona, if that's what you mean. I doubt she was any worse than the majority of women in the industry of that era.

Archived