If the internet had existed earlier...

SK8_WAR

Just rewatched Chris Jericho's original debut on Raw on youtube and he gets an amazing ovation.

However, in his big first night in WWF/E they put have him go up against the Rock on the mic.

After Jericho chats for a bit The Rock puts him in his place and thus establishes Jericho as inferior to The Rock on his very first appearance.

Surely the IWC would have shat all over this, claiming it idiotic to have Jericho go up against one of the best mic guys in history on his debut night.

I know this thread has endless possibilites but i think stuff like Shockmaster and the Gobbledy Gooker don't need mentioning. I was thinking more along the lines of the less obvious stuff, as the Y2J debut

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In a lot of respects the wrestling world was a lot more fun before the internet and 90-day no compete clauses.. The internet killed kayfabe for sure. One thing is for sure also, if the internet had been as widespread in 92 as it is today, there would have been no Summerslam at Wembley.

• Paid Members

In 1995, 50% of webpages were about wrestling. The full list was:

* A text only recap of Raw each week

* A Singapore man's Ivan Koloff fan page

* Chewbacca Ate My Balls

* The DMOZ directory, listing the other three pages

* Chewbacca Ate My Balls

The other 50% was Supremo's overlong post on how Playbus could be improved by the addition of an extra stop. Copied from Ceefax.

• Paid Members

* Chewbacca Ate My Balls

The other 50% was Supremo's overlong post on how Playbus could be improved by the addition of an extra stop. Copied from Ceefax.

35bglxy.gif

It's a good thing you weren't online back then, or the net would've been filled to the fucking brim with your compulsive obsession with me, constantly sniping and baiting literally years after I've engaged with you in any type of discussion, only to vanish into thin air when actually challenged on the matter.

Archived