Your Top 5 WORST Movie Sequals

Kata Ha Jime

Pretty much explains it's self. What, in your minds are the worst movie sequals ever, but just your top five, so the film buffs out there may have to think.

Here are mine.

1. X Men - The Last Stand

2. Resident Evil Apocalypse (I know the first was bad, but I really liked Nemesis until this film.)

3. Son Of The Mask

4. Batman and Robin

5. Spider-Man 3.

Now these are just some, but I am a Marvel/DC geek so I had to include Spider-Man, X Men and Batman.

Your're up!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In no paticular order:

- Batman and Robin

A horrible film in just about every way, its a shame too as the rest of that 4 film run was pretty decent. A serious waste of Uma Thurman's talent, although shes about the only thing i liked about the film.

- Star Wars: The Phantom Menace

Ok.. i know its a prequel, but im counting it anyway. Truly terrible plot and a Anakin is so damn easy to hate. Lucas pulled it back with episodes 2 and 3 however.

- Predator 2

A predator running around a city just didnt do it for me. The first film was great and the sequel just lacked the atmosphere that made the original so good. No Jesse Ventura with a big f'n gun either lol.

- Rambo 3

Not that 2 was much to shout about, but 3 really took the piss. John Rambo single handedly takes out the entire russian army is just pushing it too far. The original head case due to Viet Nam plot of the first film was at least believable and wasnt overdone.

- Basic Instinct 2

The original is often overlooked due to the heavy sexual content, but its actually a pretty decent thriller beneath that. The sequel is pretty much just sex and a poor attempt at trying to write a plot that goes between then sex scenes.

Honorable mentions go to The Matrix Reloaded and Revolutions.. Both were a major nose dive from the original. Home Alone 2,3 and 4 should also be mentioned..

• Paid Members
In no paticular order:

- Batman and Robin

A horrible film in just about every way, its a shame too as the rest of that 4 film run was pretty decent. A serious waste of Uma Thurman's talent, although shes about the only thing i liked about the film.

One of this films worst crimes is making people forget how shit Batman Forever is. At least this can be faintly enjoyed by marvelling at its ridiculousness, Forever is just boring bollocks, occasionally interspersed with Jim Carry mugging about like a cunt.

ill go for highlander 2 and the rest of them to be honest

but highlander 2 whatever genius decided that the immortals should be aliens from a planet called zeist shouldnt really be writing movies. not only that but it nearly ruins the firt movie too as it opens up so many plotholes

complete with a stupid storyline about global warming, john c mcginley trying to be orson welles and sean connery who was obviously only there for the cheque one of the worst movies ever

although micheal ironside was fun as general katana silly, chessy and over the top but fun

people have tryed to save it by changing the alien storyline to the immmortals being from a distant past and having it more to do with magic but it was still crap and the damage was done

with the rest of the sequls they tryed to make it interesting but failed. Number 2 was completely ignored and "there can be only one" became the most pointless movie tagline of all time as in the rest of the movies there was always loads of immortals who were never going anywhere

so much wasted

Worst movie sequels hmm

As mentioned already a contender is

Batman & Robin ranks high because of its utter gashness. Cant believe that went to see it at the cinema, and even worse because it was in backwards yokelsville. It was someones 2nd time seeing it as well. Poor them. Poor, poor them.

Some others for your consideration

Grease II. Oh Jebus, what a fucking pile of rancid horse shit. No redeeming features whatsoever and no that includes Michelle Pfeiffer. Ironically one of me mates favourite films of all time, they clearly have no taste whatsoever. Avoid like the plague.

Oceans 12. Take everything that was good about the first the first one and shit all over it with some cockameemy plot and Julia Roberts playing Tess and herself because she looks like Julia Roberts. Awful.

Every American Pie Sequel after II. All shit thus far! One has Louisa Lytton in (Yes, the small bint from East Enders and the Bill) Plans are afoot for an American Pie Reunion Film, possibly because none of the American Pie team has gone on to amount to anything, ever. So Alyson Hannigan was in it and now stars in How I met your Mother. She was in Date Movie and that is bad enough, and Buffy seems such a long time ago.

Blade 3 Really now, no need for that at all. All kinds of awful

As for the Predator 2 recommendation as a worst sequel. Its a great film, that's just my take on it mind. So it isnt in the Jungle, nor does it have Old Faithful and so on. So what?

• Paid Members

Godfather Prt.III - Comparing it to the other two this film is dull drawn out and doesn't hold a candle to the series even with Andy Garcia's involvement. But it does have Sophia Coppolla... Errr.

Speed 2: Cruise Control Words cannot even begin to describe how excrable this film is.

Jaws - The Revenge THe sharks are coming after the family now for revenge. Micheal Caine at least realises how awful this film is and plays it for laughs.

Dirty Dancing - Havana Nights This is quite possibly worse than Speed 2.

The Next Karate Kid They should have left it at 3. Featuring a young Hilary Swank and a dumb plot.

Others worth noting: Men in Black II, Porky's II the next day, Teenwolf II, Oceans 12, Dumb & Dumberer.

ill go for highlander 2 and the rest of them to be honest

but highlander 2 whatever genius decided that the immortals should be aliens from a planet called zeist shouldnt really be writing movies. not only that but it nearly ruins the firt movie too as it opens up so many plotholes

complete with a stupid storyline about global warming, john c mcginley trying to be orson welles and sean connery who was obviously only there for the cheque one of the worst movies ever

although micheal ironside was fun as general katana silly, chessy and over the top but fun

people have tryed to save it by changing the alien storyline to the immmortals being from a distant past and having it more to do with magic but it was still crap and the damage was done

with the rest of the sequls they tryed to make it interesting but failed. Number 2 was completely ignored and "there can be only one" became the most pointless movie tagline of all time as in the rest of the movies there was always loads of immortals who were never going anywhere

so much wasted

Some fans go with the theory that it was just a dream Conner had when he was in the Sanctuary got a great theory but I'd sooner go with that than saying it happened.

• Paid Members

RoboCop 2

Talk about dropping the ball. RoboCop was brilliant in it's over the top comic book violence that didn't look comic book, with satire so in your face you became accustomed to it and stopped they film being genrelised as a satire, a sharp script and some really fucking great bad guys.

RoboCop 2 is just shit in every possible way. After throwing Clarence Boddiker through walls, getting shot to shit by ED209 and then taking on the entire police force, he now gets overcome by a 12 year old and his mates with powertools? Fuck.

Highlander 2

I'd erased this from my memory, and I still can't remember what happens in it for the most part. I do remember the flying guy at the beginning, where they made no effort to airbrush/CGI out the rope that he's swinging on, nor to bother trying to make it look like he isn't just swinging back and forth.

I can't even remember if I turned it off before the end.

Blues Brothers 2000

This was never going to be as good as the original. For starters, Jon Belushi was dead. Cab Calloway was dead. Frank Oz was dead. John Candy was dead. Etc...

John Goodman was actually pretty decent in it, I'll give him that. However, the PC-pleasing inclusion of the child and gratuiously token black guy was uncomfortably forced, the plot was just unenjoyably stupid, and the lazy rehashing of gags from the first film just made the 95% of Blues Brothers 2000 unnecessary.

The Hostel II

I liked the first Hostel. Similarly to RoboCop, it was comic book gorey and blackly comedic. And it had some nice looking women without clothes on.

The second was just a perfect example of a "cash in" sequel. Half the budget, half the original cast (although, considering the whole "killing people" thing, this is to expected in this case), and half the effort put into the plot. Who cares about a plot anyway? Let's just think of creative ways to kill people. How about a secret room in this guy's house? And he gets decapitated, with no struggle or noise to alert his girlfriend in the next room that something's up?

I don't think there's even any tits in it.

Pirates Of The Carribean at World's End

Too long. Too much emphasis on "epic" over "entertaining". Too much money in the SFX budget, and thinking they're obligated to use it.

• Paid Members
Every American Pie Sequel after II. All shit thus far! One has Louisa Lytton in (Yes, the small bint from East Enders and the Bill) Plans are afoot for an American Pie Reunion Film, possibly because none of the American Pie team has gone on to amount to anything, ever. So Alyson Hannigan was in it and now stars in How I met your Mother. She was in Date Movie and that is bad enough, and Buffy seems such a long time ago.

HIMYM is one of the biggest shows on TV. Granted none of the others have done too much of note (Although Michelle's sister from the wedding is in Mad Men, another huge show) but Alyson Hannigan is a star, no doubt about it.

• Paid Members
Speed 2: Cruise Control Words cannot even begin to describe how excrable this film is.

I never watched that. The publicity for it consisted of the cast doing interviews telling people not to waste their money going to see it. Either it was the worst attempt at reverse psychology ever, or they were trying to distance themselves from it for the sake of their careers.

Men in Black II

Oh dear Lord, yes.

• Paid Members

Robocop 2 - Just awful. I could argue that Robocop 3 would be on this list as well but it's almost too bad to be classed as a "proper" film.

Dirty Dancing 2 - Havana Nights - I am completely gay for Dirty Dancing and Patrick Swayze so this was something i was looking forward to seeing. To say I was let down is an understatement. Lacks all the charm of the original.

Rocky V - After the fist-pumping 80's-tastic fourth instalment what the fuck did they do?

Oh yeah they thought it needed to be grittier so we'll make Rocky lose all his money and be fucked over by a dodgy promoter who steals his protege. Terrible idea, poorly executed and a complete Waste of time. Fuck off Stallone.

I'd have to add Matrix Reloaded and Revolutions as 4 & 5. The first Matrix film was a brilliant movie which had it been left alone would count as a stand-alone classic. The 2 sequels ruin it for me.

Rocky V - After the fist-pumping 80's-tastic fourth instalment what the fuck did they do?

Oh yeah they thought it needed to be grittier so we'll make Rocky lose all his money and be fucked over by a dodgy promoter who steals his protege. Terrible idea, poorly executed and a complete Waste of time. Fuck off Stallone.

TBF doesn't even Sly admit Rocky V sucked and that's why he made Rocky Balboa so that it wouldn't be the last one and wanted to redeem himself.

On that note I saw an interview with Bruce Willis and he said he hates Die Hard 2

Archived