Your Top 5 WORST Movie Sequals

Kata Ha Jime

Also Scream 3 was pretty pants. The first film was awesome, 2 was OK, but three was stupid. Plus they cut Stone Colds cameo.

I didn't know Stone Cold had a cameo in Scream 3? :o God I hope it's a bonus feature on the Blu-ray!

He didn't. It was a fan rumour that got laid to rest not long after. He was never involved, written for, or filmed in anyway. No deleted scenes of him exist. That's my belief unless PSF can prove me wrong with a reliable link?

No you could very well be correct. I read in the sun waaaaaay back in 99 that he was in it. When I watched it I assumed his scene had been cut. Still pants! Even Jay & Silent Bob couldn't save it.

Yeah, there is a lot of deleted footage on the DVD, they would have definitely put that in if it existed.

Agree on Blair Witch though, first one was awesome and its like they made the sequel to aim at the people that hated it and the horror market in general. All I remember about it thinking back is that goth chick I would definitely bang if I could, doesn't say much about the film does it.

KimDirector.jpg

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
i havent seen it so im just going off hear-say but isnt Cruel Intentions 2 might to be Extremely Poor????

It's poor in comparson to the first, but as a straight-to-DVD movie without the stars or budget, it's not horrendous.

• Paid Members

Arthur 2: On The Rocks

I don't know what was happening there, but the film lacked everything that made the first one great. Just completely unnecessary all around.

Beverly Hills Cop 3

They just sucked the life out of Axel Foley's character in this one. He is written like a completely different person. No fun, no jokes, nothing.

Nightmare on Elm Street 2

Probably the worst of the original sequels for me. They didn't have a clue what they were doing there with the Freddy character.

Superman 4: The Quest for Peace

Just a horrible film. Very cheap looking too, which was a shame.

Can't think of a fifth right now. :(

• Paid Members
Also Scream 3 was pretty pants. The first film was awesome, 2 was OK, but three was stupid. Plus they cut Stone Colds cameo.

I didn't know Stone Cold had a cameo in Scream 3? :o God I hope it's a bonus feature on the Blu-ray!

He filmed a part as a copper, but it didn't make the final cut. Is the original trilogy on Blu-Ray?

Yeah, the triolgy FINALLY got it's blu-ray release end of last month. I'm rather looking forward to getting it I must say :D

• Paid Members

He filmed a part as a copper, but it didn't make the final cut. Is the original trilogy on Blu-Ray?

Yeah, the triolgy FINALLY got it's blu-ray release end of last month. I'm rather looking forward to getting it I must say :D

Why? The first one was nothing more than okay and the other three have recycled the same old shit to no effect. The Scream series is the most overrated horror franchise of all time by some distance and Wes Craven is a cunt. He moaned about the way they kept the Nightmare On Elm Street series going with appalling sequels and then he goes and does exactly the same thing with Scream. Total twat.

• Paid Members
Why? The first one was nothing more than okay and the other three have recycled the same old shit to no effect. The Scream series is the most overrated horror franchise of all time by some distance and Wes Craven is a cunt. He moaned about the way they kept the Nightmare On Elm Street series going with appalling sequels and then he goes and does exactly the same thing with Scream. Total twat.

I loved the Scream trilogy, 3rd lost a bit of steam but was still a nice way to bring the story full circle. Call it underrated if you like, but I found the first Scream to be a breath of fresh air. It influence many other films to follow such as I Know What You Did Last Summer. As for Wes Craven, I'm pretty sure he didn't jump on board the new Scream Trilogy (if they go ahead with the next 2) until he decided he liked the story. Just because he felt they kept Nightmare On Elm Street going to long with appalling sequals doesn't mean he can't keep Scream going if he believes the story's are good. Clearly plenty of people do.

• Paid Members

I loved the Scream trilogy, 3rd lost a bit of steam but was still a nice way to bring the story full circle. Call it underrated if you like, but I found the first Scream to be a breath of fresh air. It influence many other films to follow such as I Know What You Did Last Summer. As for Wes Craven, I'm pretty sure he didn't jump on board the new Scream Trilogy (if they go ahead with the next 2) until he decided he liked the story. Just because he felt they kept Nightmare On Elm Street going to long with appalling sequals doesn't mean he can't keep Scream going if he believes the story's are good. Clearly plenty of people do.

Popularity is no indication of quality.

Scream's 'influence' is not something it should crow about. I Know What You Did Last Summer was nothing more than a standard slasher flick, so what has it influenced that is of a high quality? Nothing. The mainstream US horror scene is the worst that it's ever been, you have to dig into direct-to-DVD to find anything of any decent quality - a whole new generation of shitty slasher films is not going to resurrect the genre at all. Being 'influential' isn't always a good thing.

Craven is lining his pockets, nothing more. He's proven on a number of occasions that he can break away from the straight horror genre and produce films of genuine quality and of a different genre, but he'd rather just sit on his already mountainous pile of cash making it higher than trying to make something decent. It's really sad to see the bloke who made The Last House On The Left trotting out this mindless bollocks. He also deserves to be shot for allowing Emma Roberts to turn in one of the most laughably shit displays of 'acting' that I've seen for years in Scream 4.

• Paid Members

Excuse me for prefering something enjoyable to something clever or whatever it is you have decided need to be in a film to be "Any good" afterall, what's the point if no one likes it?

• Paid Members
Arguing with DJ Kris is like trying have a debate about politics with a small child. Utterly pointless and you'll only give yourself a headache.

Coming from the pretentious cunt of the forum I'll try not to take too much offence to that.

• Paid Members
Excuse me for prefering something enjoyable to something clever or whatever it is you have decided need to be in a film to be "Any good" afterall, what's the point if no one likes it?

What are you being such a mard arse for? All I did was look to start a debate or discussion about the Scream films and also posed the question as to whether influential is always to be regarded as a good thing.

It's not about 'being clever'. It's about having a discussion. If you'd prefer to be melodramatic and over-defensive instead then fuck off.

I don't think anyone has mentioned Kingdom of the Crystal Skull yet.

I'm going to take this as a positive in that everyone else has just decided to pretend it doesn't exist like I have.

Fuck you for reminding me that I paid money to see that at the cinema.

Archived