Your Top 5 WORST Movie Sequals

Kata Ha Jime

• Paid Members
It possibly might not be a popular choice but I have to say Ghostbusters 2. From childhood memories I didn't think it was too bad but watching it twice since the oncoming of DVDs but it just left me full of disappointment. The first is still a great film though.

No way. Ghostbusters 2 is so unfairly underrated. Vigo the Carpathian should be (and is in my mind) one of the most iconic villains ever.

"Vigy, Vigy, Vigy! You have been a naughty monkey!"

I'm not gonna lie, the brought the BIGGEST smile to my face! It's true, Ghosbusters II does get a harsh slating, but it really wasn't the strongest sequal but it had a lot of good moments. Also it's a sign of how recently The Titanic was discovered since it appears in this film with just a hole in the side. Roll on G3!

I loved it at the time, but I have to say Gremlins 2 really was poor and certainly didn't live up to the first one. I think it's biggest problem was the comedy/horror balance had shifted to far towards comedy. The first one had its comedy but it also had much more jumps and scares. I think this is supported by the first movie being a 15 while the sequal was only a 12. I did massively mark out for the appearance of Hulk Hogan in the film though!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Worst sequel ever? Surprised this one hasn't been mentioned yet...

americanpsycho2.jpg

Not even Mila Kunis and her heavenly scented vagina could save this from being the fucking pits. One of the worst and possibly most pointless sequels in the history of motion picture.

Darn I came into this thread specifically to post about American Psycho 2! I love the first film (the book is even better, if you like mutilation that is), and could not believe this piece of shit sequel got the go-ahead.

I'm a bit undecided on Ghostbusters 2 also. I am a huuuuge Ghostbusters fan and have been since I was a nipper, but although I can watch Ghostbusters over and over again (I watched it three times on a flight at Christmas) I can never usually go back to the sequel. Sure, as mentioned earlier it does have its good points but there's just something about it that doesn't do it for me. The baby looks like a freak and I don't care what happens to him. Vigo is the fucking man though. Well, painting.

• Paid Members
I'm a bit undecided on Ghostbusters 2 also. I am a huuuuge Ghostbusters fan and have been since I was a nipper, but although I can watch Ghostbusters over and over again (I watched it three times on a flight at Christmas) I can never usually go back to the sequel. Sure, as mentioned earlier it does have its good points but there's just something about it that doesn't do it for me. The baby looks like a freak and I don't care what happens to him. Vigo is the fucking man though. Well, monkey.

Hey, dont knock the baby, it's not his fault he was named after a hot dog :(

Grease II. Oh Jebus, what a fucking pile of rancid horse shit. No redeeming features whatsoever and no that includes Michelle Pfeiffer. Ironically one of me mates favourite films of all time, they clearly have no taste whatsoever. Avoid like the plague.

How dare you.

Grease II. Oh Jebus, what a fucking pile of rancid horse shit. No redeeming features whatsoever and no that includes Michelle Pfeiffer. Ironically one of me mates favourite films of all time, they clearly have no taste whatsoever. Avoid like the plague.

How dare you.

I'm sure I once read after the success they had planed at least up to part 3 maybe part 4 (3 was going to be set in the 70's unsure about 4) but 2 did so badly the others were quickly scrapped

On that note the main guy in it from what I know was in Emmerdale he was the guy who ended up getting shot by his wife a year or so ago.

It possibly might not be a popular choice but I have to say Ghostbusters 2. From childhood memories I didn't think it was too bad but watching it twice since the oncoming of DVDs but it just left me full of disappointment. The first is still a great film though.

No way. Ghostbusters 2 is so unfairly underrated. Vigo the Carpathian should be (and is in my mind) one of the most iconic villains ever.

I'm with Woy. One of my favourite sequels, if not my very favourite. Pink hatred slime in the sewers and the combo of John Cage from Ally McBeal and a killer painting corrupting a baby. I'll have some of that. I've always preferred actually it to the original, which tends to catch me no end of flack.

How dare you.

I'm sure I once read after the success they had planed at least up to part 3 maybe part 4 (3 was going to be set in the 70's unsure about 4) but 2 did so badly the others were quickly scrapped

On that note the main guy in it from what I know was in Emmerdale he was the guy who ended up getting shot by his wife a year or so ago.

One of the best parts about the film is the fact they cast Maxwell Caulfield as the lead role in a musical, despite the fact he clearly can not sing.

He certainly knows how to become a Cool Rider though. A Coo-oo-oo-ool Rider.

• Paid Members

How dare you.

A few years ago the bird that played Frenchie was on GMTV saying they were planning a Grease 3 and that it would star most of the original cast including John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John. I think the idea was supposed to be a reunion. Clearly that never happened.

As for Grease 2, it really wasn't that bad. Nowhere near as iconic, but come on, it had a song about Reproduction (reproduction) not to mention Coooooool Rider!

EDIT: Grease 3 sounds bloody awful! Glad it didn't happen!

Got to be Blaire Witch 2 for me.

Loved the first film, it was original (at the time) and scared the hell out me. I prefer the psychological stuff to gore.

The sequal was just awful though. A very lazy attempt at a sequal.

Also Scream 3 was pretty pants. The first film was awesome, 2 was OK, but three was stupid. Plus they cut Stone Colds cameo.

• Paid Members
Also Scream 3 was pretty pants. The first film was awesome, 2 was OK, but three was stupid. Plus they cut Stone Colds cameo.

I didn't know Stone Cold had a cameo in Scream 3? :o God I hope it's a bonus feature on the Blu-ray!

I'm with Woy. One of my favourite sequels, if not my very favourite. Pink hatred slime in the sewers and the combo of John Cage from Ally McBeal and a killer painting corrupting a baby. I'll have some of that. I've always preferred actually it to the original, which tends to catch me no end of flack.

I saw Ghostbusters 2 before the original, so it will always hold a soft spot in my heart. Plus, a walking Statue of Liberty is buys.

I didn't know Stone Cold had a cameo in Scream 3? :o God I hope it's a bonus feature on the Blu-ray!

He filmed a part as a copper, but it didn't make the final cut. Is the original trilogy on Blu-Ray?

He didn't. It was a fan rumour that got laid to rest not long after. He was never involved, written for, or filmed in anyway. No deleted scenes of him exist. That's my belief unless PSF can prove me wrong with a reliable link?

He didn't. It was a fan rumour that got laid to rest not long after. He was never involved, written for, or filmed in anyway. No deleted scenes of him exist. That's my belief unless PSF can prove me wrong with a reliable link?

No you could very well be correct. I read in the sun waaaaaay back in 99 that he was in it. When I watched it I assumed his scene had been cut. Still pants! Even Jay & Silent Bob couldn't save it.

Archived