Forgotten Gems

truthofsin

Im just watching the Shawn Michaels vs Undertaker match from Ground Zero in 1997 for the first time in years and its still as great as i remember. The match generally gets overlooked in favor of the much more famous Hell in a Cell match the following month and ive never really seen many folks talk of it. But to this day its one of my favourite matchs. So, im curious as to what other users consider forgotten gems.. matches that often get overlooked, but are actually great..

Id like to throw The Austin/Michaels match from King of the Ring 1997 out there also. I thought the feuding tag team champions dynamic really added something to the match and the match itself was action packed.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Id like to throw The Austin/Michaels match from King of the Ring 1997 out there also.

Very good call. More exciting than their match at WrestleMania XIV for me, which is a bit hard to watch at times because Shawn is in very visible agony.

My own personal favourite :

Chris Jericho vs Raven (Halloween Havoc 1998)

OK so they ballsed up the psychology big style with Raven (who was turning face) acting cowardly and not wanting to fight until Jericho (who definitely wasn't) roused some support from his Jericholics and enraged Raven into getting in the ring, and then Jericho proceeded to go over clean as a sheet, but the action was really exciting, including a surprising kick out by "Lionheart" after absorbing an Evenflow, then seamlessly reversing another Evenflow attempt into the Liontamer.

Also, does "The Final Four" match count as forgotten? Never hear it get much love, but its tons of fun.

Also, does "The Final Four" match count as forgotten? Never hear it get much love, but its tons of fun.

Good call.. i completely forgot that match myself, but i loved it at the time and have enjoyed it every time since.

All great calls so far. I also recently rewatched Shawn V Diesel from IYH 7 and thought that was a really good match that never gets any light shone on it these days. Much better than their Wrestlemania 11 effort.

• Paid Members

Vader vs Owen Hart from One Night Only - cracking big man/little man match

D'Lo Brown vs Val Venis - Summerslam 98 - really fun PPV opener

Kurt Angle vs Marty Jannetty from Smackdown before WM 21

Raven vs Rhyno hardcore match from Backlash 01

all well worth a look

• Paid Members

Kurt Angle Vs. Brian Kendrick from Smackdown in 2003. It was a 5 minute challenge match, with Kendrick winning a WWE contract if he lasted the 5 minutes. It was about as perfect a 5 minute match as you'd ever see, and a great way to show people just why wrestling can be great.

Mankind vs Shawn Michaels from "Mind Games"

Not sure why but I love that match.

All great calls so far. I also recently rewatched Shawn V Diesel from IYH 7 and thought that was a really good match that never gets any light shone on it these days. Much better than their Wrestlemania 11 effort.

I've always thought those two matches get loads of credit for being amazing matches.

The 1-2-3 Kid vs. Marty Jannetty from WWE All American Wrestling ( I think ) gets my vote in here. The speed at which they went and the stuff they were putting together was amazing.

bret savage which i posted on yt thread.

perfect santana snme - perfect is a bump machine in that.

bulldogs harts 2 outer 3 falls snme 87 pre mania 3

owen 123 kid kotr 94

bret samu raw 93

flair anderson v doom streetfight

garvin valentine rr match

• Paid Members

Shameless double post from the SmackDown moments thread :

The stunning 2/3 falls match between Benoit/Angle and Edge/Misterio match that gets forgotten compared to the first match at No Mercy.

The Matt Hardy v Misterio match where Rey Rey finally captured the then-important Cruiserweight title after a lengthy chase despite interference from Shannon Moore & Crash.

The WGTT v Misterio/Kidman rematch that gets forgotten, even though everyone remembers the Vengeance match.

Wow, I used to love the puny rat of Tijuana it seems. How things change. His match regaining the Cruiser strap from Tajiri was pretty fucking boss too as I remember.

Archived