Forgotten Gems

truthofsin

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

That was a class match actually. If he was interested, Hardy could have became the star that he became years later in that feud. Hardy seems to just glide along not giving a fuck, while Vince and the writers push him into positions a lot of wrestlers would lose a bollock for. The WWF/WWE have always seemed to love Jeff Hardy. Shame he's turned out the way he has, because the fans seem to absolutely love him.

A match that i feel gets overlooked reguarly is the Summerslam 95 ladder match between Razor Ramon and Shawn Michaels. The only ladder match between the two i really see mentioned is the Wrestlemania match from the year before. I've always prefered the rematch myself.

I know it got a lot of praise at the time, but with the way Benoit's legacy got destroyed in the yers that followed i feel the classic between him and Angle at Royal Rumble 2003 gets forgotten a lot. Its one of my all time favourite matches and its not one iv've really heard mentioned a lot since the initial buzz about it at the time.

benoit v lesnar from one of the last smackdowns of the year in 2003 i believe, excellent bout, another one is kurt angle v the undertaker once again on smackdown in the summer of 2003 was a week or so before brock and angle had the hour long iron man match, awesome tv match

• Paid Members
A match that i feel gets overlooked reguarly is the Summerslam 95 ladder match between Razor Ramon and Shawn Michaels.

Gets regularly bummed on here in any thread about Scott Hall, Michaels or ladder matches, some members have said it's better than the one at WrestleMania X.

i feel the classic between (Benoit) and Angle at Royal Rumble 2003 gets forgotten a lot.

Gets huge amounts of bumming on here, especially in the semi-regular "favourite matches" threads where it appears in plenty of people's top five, top three or even top one.

the Malenko/Scotty match was fantastic with one of the best endings around. It's probably the best ever Light Heavyweight match the WWE ever did.

And gets plenty of bumming on here.

DX & Radicals Vs. Cactus Jack & The Rock & Too Cool from January 2001, molten hot crowd from bell to bell, i believe the match took place in texas

You are thinking of a ten-man tag featuring DX (Hunter & X-Pac) & The Radicals (Benoit, Saturn & Malenko) vs Cactus, Rock, Too Cool and Rikishi. It was actually January 2000, and it gets plenty of bumming on here.

• 2 weeks later...

Carlito vs Johnny Nitro vs Shelton Benjamin in a Triple Threat Match for The IC Title from Vengeance 2006- some great spots, everything flowed perfectly and the fans were well into it.

Ric Flair vs Randy Orton- Steel Cage Match- Taboo Tuesday 2004- a great old school cage match with both men busted from ear to ear, love everything about the match, the video package beforehand and the handshake and hug afterwards, fucking superb!

Archived