WWE Double Scum Mafia *GAME OVER*

Ron Simmons

Overall MVP  

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

He breaks forums rules firstly with a sig that's too large.

Still RVS, if you've got it, play along, it may get feathers up somewhere

THEN he edits posts in game? SCUM I TELLS THEE!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
How many replacements do you have?

How many replacements do you have?

Is there anyway to condense the game we are currently in?

Replacements are pretty much on an "ask someone as they leave" basis. Given the nature of the game it's difficult to condense it without making it uneven, however, it should be fine as someone has already agreed in principle to replace SMS.

• Paid Members
Brownie is it wrong that everytime you post I see your avatar as you saying the words?

I do actually look like that.

Nicko, The first vote may well be in jest, but when someone already has 2 or 3 votes on them it starts to look very bad. You are saying yours was a joke vote, but why vote for the player with 3 existing votes rather than someone with zero votes or zero contribution? I think the point of RVS is to stimulate conversation and bring all players in. Your vote didn't seem to achieve that.

Please also note that my questioning you is in no way connected to football jealousy.

• Paid Members

unvote

Vote Teedy Kay

How can it be RVS (you like that inviso-text, no?) when we're actually discussing votes and reasons, and you're waggoning?

• Paid Members

EBWOP: I'l be LA tonight as I'm working on Bristol Aztecs game programmes and such.

• Paid Members
Brownie is it wrong that everytime you post I see your avatar as you saying the words?

I do actually look like that.

Nicko, The first vote may well be in jest, but when someone already has 2 or 3 votes on them it starts to look very bad. You are saying yours was a joke vote, but why vote for the player with 3 existing votes rather than someone with zero votes or zero contribution? I think the point of RVS is to stimulate conversation and bring all players in. Your vote didn't seem to achieve that.

Please also note that my questioning you is in no way connected to football jealousy.

The bit above in bold, lies ;)

It was actually an oversight on my part that he already had those votes. I was just RVS'ing in response to him as he'd mentioned me.

UNVOTE Snake Plissken

• Paid Members

I'm Not feeling a scum vibe from Nicko at the moment.

But with Snake I am getting that vibe, but I often do anyway, and I feel he could be an easy mislynch by the scums, so I want to watch out for that.

Can we Nexus I almost want to lynch out of principle, he's been scum so often that it's almost a great way to kick off a game at this point :D.

On top of that, Teedy Kay actually gives me a town vibe as it stands.

Plan to give this a full re-read later, I feel like I've caught up and missed something important.

Mod: Can you also list who isn't voting with the vote counts? Saves us having to check page one to see who isn't doing so.

• Paid Members

Because Seph, an RVS can lead to other players raising questions, it can lead to others rising to bait, it can lead to indiscriminate voting to possibly back you up for no reason whatsoever.

And attempting an RVS where you feign an absolute ridiculous reasoning could've helped out, till you again highlighted it, even when asked not to.

• Paid Members

The over-sized sig has no relation to this game or if he's scum though. He could have, outside of the game, said he hates blacks and Jews and rapes kids but that still would not really have any impact on his in-game role. And the edit thing is just a mistake I think; didn't someone else accidentally edit too in another game? But you are saying that the purpose of the vote was to see if Dazz did something scum-like in response? The problem with that is that sometimes people feel under pressure and thus make stupid mistakes which could make them appear scum when in fact they are just nervous town; in the previous Mafia game I ended up making some silly mistakes after growing pressure on me, even though I was town. The fact he is new to this game creates difficulty too as his responses could equally be signs of newness as opposed to being a sign of scumness

• Paid Members

The over-sized sig has no relation to this game or if he's scum though. He could have, outside of the game, said he hates blacks and Jews and rapes kids but that still would not really have any impact on his in-game role. And the edit thing is just a mistake I think; didn't someone else accidentally edit too in another game? But you are saying that the purpose of the vote was to see if Dazz did something scum-like in response? The problem with that is that sometimes people feel under pressure and thus make stupid mistakes which could make them appear scum when in fact they are just nervous town; in the previous Mafia game I ended up making some silly mistakes after growing pressure on me, even though I was town. The fact he is new to this game creates difficulty too as his responses could equally be signs of newness as opposed to being a sign of scumness

It was an RVS, and the actual basis of an RVS is to try and out a scum member who takes offence to it. Untill our RVS's got pastiche and clich

You make fair points, but the aim here is to spark a reaction from people, our questions, our votes, everything we do is to get some kind of reaction, whether scummy or town, it's not wrong to work for that. It's just we have to interperate things, just because someone says or does something scummy it doesn't confirm them as scum, in some situations i'm sure it could help make someone feel they're actually town, it's all stuff we have to work on case by case.

Saying something scummy doesn't make one scum, just as saying something which helps town doesn't make them innocent, both sides can use tactics from one anothers to get their points across.

• Paid Members
Isn't the whole idea of the game to force people to feel under pressure to make mistakes too? It's up to us to work out what's Town or Scum mistakes too.

Oh I'm not doubting that, I was just pointing out that a supposed mistake wouldn't automatically mean someone was scum. I've seen a few "meltdowns" of town players who don't like any attention or pressure being put on them so my natural instinct now is to take caution with my view on such things, especially given how jumping all over people whilst scum just sit back and watch us implode has been costly in seemingly every game of mafia. I'm certainly of the opinion that Dazz's edit isn't a scum-tell, but I also am getting a town vibe from you with regards to your response and your reasoning

In regards to Dazz editing posts, I did that in my first game too. It's stupid but so long as you don't repeat the offence I find most people willing to take it as a mistake.

While I'm here

Unvote

I'm just taking it easy thus far, I can't see anything I can get a scum vibe off of. But to be honest I find it very strange how many people have just randomly (from my point of view) pulled out of this game.

• Paid Members
Isn't the whole idea of the game to force people to feel under pressure to make mistakes too? It's up to us to work out what's Town or Scum mistakes too.

Oh I'm not doubting that, I was just pointing out that a supposed mistake wouldn't automatically mean someone was scum.

I know this, and I never said it would, but reactions can be a great thing to assist in a decision process either way.

I'm certainly of the opinion that Dazz's edit isn't a scum-tell

Me too, it was a mistake, hence why I labelled it an RVS in that post.

• Paid Members

Oh I'm not doubting that, I was just pointing out that a supposed mistake wouldn't automatically mean someone was scum.

I know this, and I never said it would, but reactions can be a great thing to assist in a decision process either way.

I'm certainly of the opinion that Dazz's edit isn't a scum-tell

Me too, it was a mistake, hence why I labelled it an RVS in that post.

You voted for him before his edit......

Archived